India vs Australia Test Series 2020-21

On 5/30/2020 at 12:49 AM, MechEng said:

Ghanta 600+ runs, Bumrah's cantilever beam arm will give chakma to wannabe tennis player Smith.

You know who Smith really is?

Why Thanos Doesn't Woo Death in 'Avengers: Infinity War'

Lukkha avenger Bumrah couldn't handle Kiwi hobbits, huge step up in quality this Aus team. Smith 650, Labu 500, Warner 450, itna minimum maanke aage chalo. 

32 minutes ago, New guy said:

Need Bhuvi for the daynight test. In day night test the new ball swing is most important. Our bowling failed the most with the new ball in New Zealand 

I would play Bhuvi in all tests, at least he can make the new ball talk (even more important when it is Kookaburra, first 20-25 overs are gold dust for the bowling team and after that torture) and I wouldn't bother about his overall figures if he can account for one of Warner/Labu/Smith in opening spell every test...if he can do that in 6/8 innings even better. Plus he adds value with the bat, 20-25 guaranteed runs in every innings, better than Ashwin who is in steep decline with the bat. I wouldn't play a single spinner, let Vihari bowl 5-6 overs per day if the need arises. Our spinners will do ghanta especially against full strength Aus on those decks. Bumrah, Bhuvi, Shami, Ishant, play all 4, our best combo and the only way we can come close to taking 20 wickets. 

Mayank

Shaw

Pujara

Kohli

Gill

Vihari

Pant

Bhuvi

Ishant

Shami

Bumrah

Edited by Gollum
35 minutes ago, Gollum said:

You know who Smith really is?

Why Thanos Doesn't Woo Death in 'Avengers: Infinity War'

Lukkha avenger Bumrah couldn't handle Kiwi hobbits, huge step up in quality this Aus team. Smith 650, Labu 500, Warner 450, itna minimum maanke aage chalo. 

:laugh:

Naah, Bumrah will be back as Captain with Mjolnir this december

Man, if we can defeat this Aussie team then Kohli has a new diamond to add to his skipper resume. Two successful tour wins in Australia hasn't been achieved since the Windies in the 80s. I can almost forgive his disasters in Eng and SA for this.

31 minutes ago, Gollum said:

I would play Bhuvi in all tests, at least he can make the new ball talk (even more important when it is Kookaburra, first 20-25 overs are gold dust for the bowling team and after that torture) and I wouldn't bother about his overall figures if he can account for one of Warner/Labu/Smith in opening spell every test...if he can do that in 6/8 innings even better. Plus he adds value with the bat, 20-25 guaranteed runs in every innings, better than Ashwin who is in steep decline with the bat. I wouldn't play a single spinner, let Vihari bowl 5-6 overs per day if the need arises. Our spinners will do ghanta especially against full strength Aus on those decks. Bumrah, Bhuvi, Shami, Ishant, play all 4, our best combo and the only way we can come close to taking 20 wickets. 

Mayank

Shaw

Pujara

Kohli

Gill

Vihari

Pant

Bhuvi

Ishant

Shami

Bumrah

Our spinners chuck pies all day and on the same pitch, Nathan Lyon makes our batsmen quake in their boots. Very frustrating! 

17 minutes ago, nevada said:

Our spinners chuck pies all day and on the same pitch, Nathan Lyon makes our batsmen quake in their boots. Very frustrating! 

We have a mental block against Lyon, similar to Moeen. Other Asian sides handle these guys just fine. Damn frustrating. 

14 minutes ago, Stan AF said:

Sydney we can play spinners right?>. That pitch suits spin. Kuldeep took a 5-fer there or was it some other venue. I'd still pick kuldeep or chahal for sydney test.

Maybe a Kuldeep there, I wouldn't read too much into his 5fer from last time, Aussie batting was dross. But still a wristie is our best bet. No Chahal please, his FC numbers aren't good...Tahir and Rashid are even better white ball bowlers than him but we know what they do in the traditional format. 

23 minutes ago, Stan AF said:

Man, if we can defeat this Aussie team then Kohli has a new diamond to add to his skipper resume. Two successful tour wins in Australia hasn't been achieved since the Windies in the 80s. I can almost forgive his disasters in Eng and SA for this.

Will be the greatest upset in cricket history if we manage to do that. I will be happy if we can maintain a respectable scoreline, lose 1-2, based on how things unfolded in NZ we could see a repeat of the 2011-12 overseas tours. FGS can someone get rid of that clown Rahane first? 

35 minutes ago, Stan AF said:

Sydney we can play spinners right?>. That pitch suits spin. Kuldeep took a 5-fer there or was it some other venue. I'd still pick kuldeep or chahal for sydney test.

Chahal ?? He isnt a red ball bowler

Syndey is flat and turns on last day, kuldeep wud be up against a diff batting this time with warner smith and a transformed labuschane nyways he is low on confidence. 

1 hour ago, Gollum said:

Mayank

Shaw

Pujara

Kohli

Gill

Vihari

Pant

Bhuvi

Ishant

Shami

Bumrah

Problem with this attack is every will have to bowl 20 overs atleast in a day on which vihari has to add 10. This attack wud have worked better in eng n sa where teams were bundling around 250 but in aus its flat and teams make 500+  which means heavy workload for bowlers and it aint easy on hard australian grounds.

On 5/30/2020 at 12:49 AM, MechEng said:

Ghanta 600+ runs, Bumrah's cantilever beam arm will give chakma to wannabe tennis player Smith.

Lol he alone has already won more matches than any of current or past indian batsman. He don't have anything left to prove now unless he wants to win series in top india/eng/sa single handedly.

Edited by Nikola
2 hours ago, Gollum said:

Mayank

Shaw

Pujara

Kohli

Gill

Vihari

Pant

Bhuvi

Ishant

Shami

Bumrah

4 pace bowling has rarely worked for us. Why not play bhuvi as all rounder along with jaddu. Both will surely make as much runs as vihari can and jaddu is better fielder + bowler.

1 hour ago, nevada said:

Because we don't pick the right spinners for overseas tests. It's beyond time we start picking wrist spinners for overseas tests. Ashwin/Jadeja's role as spinners in overseas tests should be a thing of the last decade. Finger spin/off spin isn't helping us.

Our limited overs success in ODI's started becoming more pronounced once kuldeep/chahal replaced the above in ODI's. It's time we extend the approach to tests.We need wicket taking wrist spinners in overseas tests where their spin isn't dependent on pitch conditons.

On 5/28/2020 at 10:41 AM, Mosher said:

India to play 4 match test series in Australia. India will be playing a day/night match at Adelaide.

The series will start with the opener at the Gabba on December 3 followed by the day-night Test in Adelaide on December 11 before the two traditional Tests at Melbourne and Sydney on either side of New Year's Eve. India is also likely to play three ODIs in January in Perth, which misses out on a Test, Sydney and Melbourne. Kohli & Co were originally scheduled to arrive here in early October to play a T20I tri-series involving the West Indies. But that series would now depend on whether the ICC decides to go ahead with the T20 World Cup after their meeting on Thursday (May 28).

https://www.cricbuzz.com/cricket-news/113121/india-to-start-in-brisbane-play-dn-test-in-adelaide

Would be looking forward to this series.

4 minutes ago, express bowling said:

He was returning from injury early this year.

Bumrah was devastating in tests in Australia in 2018-19 as he was in tests in SA, England and the WI in 2018.

Returned from injury back in dec i guess he must have played atleast 15 - 20 matches after that. Instead should have played one or two first class match then.

On 5/31/2020 at 1:57 PM, Nikola said:

4 pace bowling has rarely worked for us. Why not play bhuvi as all rounder along with jaddu. Both will surely make as much runs as vihari can and jaddu is better fielder + bowler.

Bhuvi as all rounder wont work in those condition specially when opposition has someone like starc. Bhuvi is good at 8, any higher is trouble.