Ashwin's YouTube channel

Gollum

3 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

Srikanth and his son about the match. Amidst the usual overtalking he made some valid points

Srikanth apparently had a chat with Clarke and Hayden after pitch report.  Seems like they told this is a good batting wicket where you bat first.   Cheeka  averages 46 at the MCG in 9 matches. As per his opinion you have to be very positive on a lively true MCG wicket which is good for batting.  

He calls his dad Cheeka too?  Cheeka sollanga.. lol

6 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

He paid handsome compliments to Pakistan team. He didn't troll anyone. But he did talk about 3 or 4 questions he asked Kohli as soon as he reached the center.

He is monetizing praise from all the Pak fans. Green bros will be forwarding this to other bros telling how much Pakistan was praised by him and that he is unlike North Indians like Gambhir, Sehwag, etc

Very entertaining, he speaks well, esp the way he narrated the first wide ball was v funny. In the end , he asked all fans to keep “bagging” us! :hysterical: His accent as he meant backing! 

Edited by coffee_rules
3 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

I checked weather report. Looks like at night it drops down to 46 degree F which is roughly 7 degrees. Max day temperature 61. Which is only 17 degrees. It is still cool. For someone like Ashwin it will be very cold. 

The weather in Australia this time of the year is pretty cold. That's the reason I feel that October is too early for a tournament of this magnitude. The temperature is low and there is lot of rain. It is for sure very cold. I am in Adelaide and it is raining and cold everyday. Don't go by the temp as the wind chill makes it even colder. Right now at noon in Adelaide the temp is 17 C but it feels way colder than that. In the evening even though it says 7, the breeze and wind chill can make it feel like 1-2 C. October is normally not a good time for cricket in Australia, that's why Australian home season always used to start in December. 

19 minutes ago, StraightDrive26 said:

The weather in Australia this time of the year is pretty cold. That's the reason I feel that October is too early for a tournament of this magnitude. The temperature is low and there is lot of rain. It is for sure very cold. I am in Adelaide and it is raining and cold everyday. Don't go by the temp as the wind chill makes it even colder. Right now at noon in Adelaide the temp is 17 C but it feels way colder than that. In the evening even though it says 7, the breeze and wind chill can make it feel like 1-2 C. October is normally not a good time for cricket in Australia, that's why Australian home season always used to start in December. 

I can only presume you were not born here?

The weather feels normal once you have been born and bred here.

If you want to know real cold in Australia go to Canberra, you wont know what hit you. Its miserably cold.

9 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

Not seen him post reviews after the twin failures in T20 WC in 2021 and Asia cup recently. He just wants to cash in on success after the euphoria of a win. 

He didn't play against Pak or NZ in last T20 WC. Mistry spinner Varun Chakravarthy played there, Ash came back in the game against Afghanistan. 

19 hours ago, SRT100 said:

I can only presume you were not born here?

The weather feels normal once you have been born and bred here.

If you want to know real cold in Australia go to Canberra, you wont know what hit you. Its miserably cold.

I think the Indian players also were not born here, so I can only talk from the perspective of the people who come here once in a while. Yeah I lived in the US for 14 years, so a temp of 2-3 C in Winter seems mild and nice but someone coming from India where temps in most of the regions hardly go below 20, even 10 degrees will feel freezing.

12 hours ago, Number said:

^^ watched this one. Ashwin is really articulate and his way of storytelling is really nice. Quite thankful to him for the subtitles.

he is articulate, but overthinks things on a cricket field. he's considered smart, but I always see him failing to apply that smartness to the fullest.

6 minutes ago, Vijy said:

he is articulate, but overthinks things on a cricket field. he's considered smart, but I always see him failing to apply that smartness to the fullest.

Sometimes you just have to repeat the same thing. Also his trajectory is high compared to other off spinners. You get a bit extra time to play him.