Dravida bug spreading in Bengaluru

coffee_rules

Just now, coffee_rules said:

Adai, onion/chili uttapam, neer dose, appam, pesarattu, are not gimmicks. Just an acquired taste. But pizza   dosa, paneer dosa, tikka masala dosa are fancy variants

Peserattu is not a Dosa. Only similarity is the oval shape or the way the batter goes on the pan. Same goes for uthappam. 

I will give you onion Dosa but that’s again plain Dosa with some onions sprinkled just like a butter Dosa.

I am talking about all these variations- chicken dosa, paneer dosa, egg dosa, chocolate dosa etc 

7 minutes ago, maniac said:

Peserattu is not a Dosa. Only similarity is the oval shape or the way the batter goes on the pan. Same goes for uthappam. 

I will give you onion Dosa but that’s again plain Dosa with some onions sprinkled just like a butter Dosa.

There are all dosas because the process is same, rice , some ingredients like methi seeds, a avalakki and various lentils ground into batter and let it ferment, some for longer overnight, some for a few hours.  Some say, that restaurants get the fluffy ness because they grind cooked rice from previous day leftover.  Another variant , I can devour is gund/Gunta pongulu, round Dosa balls . Love 

paniyaram-recipe.jpg

7 minutes ago, maniac said:

I am talking about all these variations- chicken dosa, paneer dosa, egg dosa, chocolate dosa etc 

Totally agree

46 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

There are all dosas because the process is same, rice , some ingredients like methi seeds, a avalakki and various lentils ground into batter and let it ferment, some for longer overnight, some for a few hours.  Some say, that restaurants get the fluffy ness because they grind cooked rice from previous day leftover.  Another variant , I can devour is gund/Gunta pongulu, round Dosa balls . Love 

paniyaram-recipe.jpg

Totally agree

this is Paniyaram or Kuli paniyaram .. another Kongunadu delicacy :orderorder:

I like it more than idly and dosa 

and my cousin uploaded a video last week :giggle:

10 minutes ago, velu said:

Good video share. , I don't even claim it is from us. We call it gund punglu or punugulu, which sounds like Telugu. @maniac or @Norman or @gattaca might own it up.

Personally not a fan of South Indian style Aloo that they serve with Poori. I prefer Bengali style Aloo Dum with Luchi (Poori but with Maida), popular BF but also a Durga Puja special, they serve this dish in the various pandals. Luchi even goes well with Cholar Dal (slightly sweet).

Bengali Luchi & Aloo Dum | OIST Groups

Puri/Poori/Luchi with Cholar Dal (Chana Dal / Bengali Lentil Recipe) -  YouTube

Edited by Gollum

23 minutes ago, velu said:

Paniyaram is part of Chettinad cuisine. Why the name 'Pani' though, it means pig, doesn't it? 

Edited by Gollum

2 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

Good video share. , I don't even claim it is from us. We call it gund punglu or punugulu, which sounds like Telugu. @maniac or @Norman or @gattaca might own it up.

Those are not called punugulu here. We call them ponganaalu. Made with the same batter as Dosa and shallow fried. 

Punugulu are deep fried. :drool: