Dravida bug spreading in Bengaluru

coffee_rules

@Real McCoy wtf is this?

We live in amazing times: Transgender man gives birth, breastfeeds baby

Jessi Hempel’s brother Evan was born a woman. He came out as transgender 16 years ago but never stopped wanting to have a baby. This spring he gave birth to his first child. Evan’s pregnancy is proof that we live in amazing times.

20 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

Yeah you telugu boys are divided on a caste basis in a foreign land. Thats pretty bad but we tamils don't even have that. We don't even create caste based groups. We don't associate at all considering our miniscule portion of Indians in the US. Every tamil thinks he is Raja Raja Chola of the 10th century and anyone who doesn't agree which is another Raja raja chola incarnate can't form a group. Of course I'm overexaggerating but tamil associations in the US are boring. Those who ate pizzas in Chennai are now talking about sangam literature and poetry in US :facepalm:Yeah I know about your reddy and kamma associations :laugh: If we stay like this, then I can hope only great things to come :biggrin:

I have observed  this among bongs and Mallus. Usually for them language trumps religion and caste. May be I am generalizing. I have seen this to some extent among Tamilians as well.

Even among Gujjus among my friends/acquaintances  I have seen Baroda vs Ahmedabad, not sure how deep rooted it is though. I will defer to @sandeep @Laaloo @zen say like caste feeling in Telugus.

1 minute ago, maniac said:

Even among Gujjus among my friends/acquaintances  I have seen Baroda vs Ahmedabad, not sure how deep rooted it is though.

Baroda vs Ahmedabad can't be real, hard to find any resident of one town/city that doesn't have family in the other.  They are interchangeable for all intents and purposes.... 

5 minutes ago, Gollum said:

@Real McCoy wtf is this?

Jessi Hempel’s brother Evan was born a woman. He came out as transgender 16 years ago but never stopped wanting to have a baby. This spring he gave birth to his first child. Evan’s pregnancy is proof that we live in amazing times.

I don’t know if I am disgusted by this  or amazed by science behind it but WTF

1 minute ago, Gollum said:

@Real McCoy wtf is this?

What's so surprising. You need to know how they term things. A transsexual man was born a female and a transsexual woman was born a male. So this "man" delivered a baby because it had a vagina and it had normal sex with a man. Although I don't believe in this story, it could be possible. Disgusting to see that photo though :sick: That bastard who wrote "we live in amazing times" need to have his neck stretched. We are living in an immoral time and everyday its getting worse. If this story was released 50 years ago, even the peace loving hippy would turn into a redneck and beat the **** out of him

Just now, Real McCoy said:

What's so surprising. You need to know how they term things. A transsexual man was born a female and a transsexual woman was born a male. So this "man" delivered a baby because it had a vagina and it had normal sex with a man. Although I don't believe in this story, it could be possible. Disgusting to see that photo though :sick: That bastard who wrote "we live in amazing times" need to have his neck stretched. We are living in an immoral time and everyday its getting worse. If this story was released 50 years ago, even the peace loving hippy would turn into a redneck and beat the **** out of him

Based on that guy, not every tranny looks like Angelina Jolie or Brad Pitt :laugh: I guess

7 minutes ago, maniac said:

I have observed  this among bongs and Mallus. Usually for them language trumps religion and caste. May be I am generalizing. I have seen this to some extent among Tamilians as well.

Even among Gujjus among my friends/acquaintances  I have seen Baroda vs Ahmedabad, not sure how deep rooted it is though. I will defer to @sandeep @Laaloo @zen say like caste feeling in Telugus.

Mallus are a tight knit network doesnt matter if its religion or caste. Tamilians not so much. I don't think you got my point about tamilians not forming an association. We have an ego problem and the more one stays in USA it becomes worse. The only Tamil gathering I can think of is in Houston temple and the one in Toronto which is built by Tamils although the one in canada is by SL tamils. Otherwise only a few people band together as family friends and thats it. No Network. definitely no caste or religious feeling though

4 minutes ago, maniac said:

In any place, there can be the locals v others feelings, but it is probably not that deep rooted in Guj (or at least I have not observed it in general) 

Though Gujarati is the common language, every region can have its accent which can identify you. In South Gujarat in places like Surat, people are known to use “gaalis” in normal conversations. 

1 hour ago, maniac said:

I am in Philly bro. Go birds :hs:

Anyways I have usually lived in densely populated desi areas Chicago,Philly and briefly  in SFO

Anyway True funny and sad story. 

One of my close friends lives in CT

Anyways when he moved to the US he joined the local Telugu association. After a few years he got married. It was an inter caste love marriage.

Surprisingly given the castes involved their  parents who live in India were accepting and did not create an issue and everything was great.

However apparently there are 2 Telugu associations in CT now, one Is dominated by one caste and the other by the caste his wife belongs to. 

So doesn’t take a genius to figure out which one he ended up joining :laugh:

I am not doing justice to the story, the way that guy described it is super hilarious.

Now in a small state in the USA, a subsect of Indian community- Telugu people have 2 associations just based on caste affiliation. 

Apparently within those 2 groups there are sub groups of Andhra/Telangana Etc etc  :laugh: 

Anyway the point I was discussing with Sandeep is just because you are in a multi cultural society means jack. Idiots are idiots everywhere.

I know about NATA and TANA. It doesn’t happen in groups from Kaanadigas. There is one Kannada Sangha for each region and there is cross connection among regional associations. Performing arts from one assoc come and perform in a different region. Apart from these. There are volkaligas and veerashaiva organizations, but specifically for their community. They don’t call themselves Kannada organizations.