Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners in IPL 2020

express bowling

Just now, vishalvirsingh said:

dangerous bowler.- nortje...

All batsman are going mad over the weak pacer Stoinis and giving away wickets. Dont think that stoinis is throwing BOMBSHELLS, it is just that the batsman are going crazy against him with out settling down properly. they dont want to hit nortje and rabada and want to score against stoinis.

I like Nortje too but Pandey and Garg actually played him well in that over

3 minutes ago, Forward Defence said:

Slight inward movement from Stoinis bowls Garg. Good ball that

batsman was decided to go for a big shot where as he had to play a straight drive against that ball, he swung it to hit for a 6.

game is nearly finished ...hyd is 3 down. stoinis got 2 wickets and both were ordinary balls and batsman were under pressure to score big shots in power play.

nortje was 148K off this ball and holder has no clue how to play him. Above 142K it is more of a guess game for a batsman ,

i was facing a 125 to 130K pacer and what ever i remember of playing was just a wild move of my bat as per my best GUess. i remember one bawl touched my bat and then i could not find the ball, to my surprise ball had crossed the boundary toward the leg side of the keeper. i saw my team outside clapping and I realised my bat  had nicked the ball and i got a 4. very soon the same bowler got me out. All my team mates were appreciating the way i put my bat and played a leg glance but i was saying to myself that THANK GOD i got a 4.

a few balls later he bowled a ball which rose to my helmet and i snicked it to the Keeper. it was a fast bouncer and not a short ball so i had no time to duck or hit the ball hard.

long story short is these fast bowler create pressure and then batsman go ahead against weaker bowlers and throw their wickets.

3 minutes ago, vishalvirsingh said:

nortje was 148K off this ball and holder has no clue how to play him. Above 142K it is more of a guess game for a batsman ,

i was facing a 125 to 130K pacer and what ever i remember of playing was just a wild move of my bat as per my best GUess. i remember one bawl touched my bat and then i could not find the ball, to my surprise ball had crossed the boundary toward the leg side of the keeper. i saw my team outside clapping and I realised my bat  had nicked the ball and i got a 4. very soon the same bowler got me out. All my team mates were appreciating the way i put my bat and played a leg glance but i was saying to myself that THANK GOD i got a 4.

a few balls later he bowled a ball which rose to my helmet and i snicked it to the Keeper. it was a fast bouncer and not a short ball so i had no time to duck or hit the ball hard.

long story short is these fast bowler create pressure and then batsman go ahead against weaker bowlers and throw their wickets.

Nortje is a fine really quick bowler. But Rabada's overs today were more impressive because he got lateral movement at decent pace. On a harder bouncier track Nortje would be lethal.

2 minutes ago, Forward Defence said:

Nortje is a fine really quick bowler. But Rabada's overs today were more impressive because he got lateral movement at decent pace. On a harder bouncier track Nortje would be lethal.

Nortje hits the deck very hard ,his good length deliveries will bounce more

The other day Saini too bowled quite quick (149ks)still got easily driven as his skiddy nature and habit bowliing juicy halfvollies nullifies his pace,had he tried a bouncer as a variation that would have made some difference since it was big a ground

6 minutes ago, Suhaan said:

I haven't seen this guy bat much,what do you make of him?

Very promising !

The comfort with which Samad is hitting high pace is very encouraging. And both off the front foot and back foot ... hook, cut, loft.

We need to develop this kid !

On 11/6/2020 at 11:43 PM, prudent_kreeda said:

I think Bhumra, Shami, Chahal, Varun & Natarajan could be a better T20 attack . Worth a try to see how that goes 

I am getting more & more convinced that Natarajan needs to be given a chance in T20 international matches post his stint in Aus with India team in some future bilateral if he can maintain this form .

In the meantime should try to develop slow cutters a la Fizz. 

Needs this variety and then he can bowl 2 overs in the middle with 1-2 yorkers , couple of slow cutters angling away from RH batsmen and normal delivery and a rising ball as a surprise .

Bowling round the wicket could be one more variety he can think of in future 

My Take about Natarajan is "Average".

I don't see him succeeding in international cricket.

why?

HIs Pace is under 141 K

His swing is Negligible. 

He definitely has Yorkers but otherwise his bowling is Predictable. 

For me Picking up a Prasidh is investing in him. 

He is just fairly good in a t20. Not many will pick him in an ODI. He is picked just because Khaleel was a failure. Had we got a better left arm pacer , Natrajan would not be picked.