[2020s] Watched any new movies? *Please use spoiler tags*

EnterTheVoid

3 minutes ago, Vijy said:

I will give it a shot then. I value your opinion, and also @Gollum

I had/have almost given up on SW, which is a real pity. I was one of the very few on ICF to see OT nearly around the time when they were released.

@Lone Wolf and the sense of wonder, the sense of adventure, the wide range of explored and unexplored possibilities that the OT was brimming with was truly amazing. I only got to see that on occasion with SW rebels, some arcs of SW clone wars (animated version), and SW visions. hopefully andor can bring it back - mando was very good and enjoyable, but did not quite have that same magic I remember from OT

18 minutes ago, Vijy said:

@Lone Wolf and the sense of wonder, the sense of adventure, the wide range of explored and unexplored possibilities that the OT was brimming with was truly amazing. I only got to see that on occasion with SW rebels, some arcs of SW clone wars (animated version), and SW visions. hopefully andor can bring it back - mando was very good and enjoyable, but did not quite have that same magic I remember from OT

Andor is based on Rogue one which was standalone movie on SW universe.  Hence its scope & creativity level is somewhat refreshing from the cr*p we saw from new sequel trilogy. 

It is hard to match original trilogy level coz of nostalgia but u won't regret watching  Andor that's for sure. 

Spoiler alert:...  No Tatoooine trips so that's a positive in itself

Edited by Lone Wolf

1 hour ago, Lone Wolf said:

Andor is based on Rogue one which was standalone movie on SW universe.  Hence its scope & creativity level is somewhat refreshing from the cr*p we saw from new sequel trilogy. 

It is hard to match original trilogy level coz of nostalgia but u won't regret watching  Andor that's for sure. 

Spoiler alert:...  No Tatoooine trips so that's a positive in itself

I was not a big fan of rogue one though. It was decent time-pass, but not a whole lot more (in my book)

7 hours ago, Lone Wolf said:

German movie All quiet on the Western front on Netflix...  Totally worth it & deserves the all the acclaim it is getting.  It eclipses 1917 easily.   Top notch Cinematography.  I wish I could watch it on a big screen. 

No wonder Germany's choice for Oscars. 

:bow::bow::bow::bow::bow:

What a movie!!I have seen this till half way point.

Especially the difference between the diplomats that live in luxury and the ordinary soldier that lives in horrible conditions.

4 hours ago, kepler37b said:

:bow::bow::bow::bow::bow:

What a movie!!I have seen this till half way point.

Especially the difference between the diplomats that live in luxury and the ordinary soldier that lives in horrible conditions.

I've seen most all of the big Hollywood war movies but this one was the most brutal one...  Made me look 1917 like a Disney movie. 

Combat scenes had different feel to them like we see with Hollywood war movies.  Man O Man...  Movie stuck in my head for hours. 

On 11/13/2022 at 11:55 AM, Lone Wolf said:

German movie All quiet on the Western front on Netflix...  Totally worth it & deserves the all the acclaim it is getting.  It eclipses 1917 easily.   Top notch Cinematography.  I wish I could watch it on a big screen. 

No wonder Germany's choice for Oscars. 

1930 version is a classic, so is this one - for diff reasons.

9 minutes ago, the don said:

Its great. Done really well overseas. Noori Natt is a legendary character. Punjabis world over have loved it.

Yeah trailer hooked me up straightaway....  Might watch this with my dad as he loves Punjabi stuff & kick a** dialogues.  Looks like Torrent is the only source in India...  Is this first Pakistani movie shot in 4k?