[2020s] Watched any new movies? *Please use spoiler tags*

EnterTheVoid

8 hours ago, Lone Wolf said:

I regret not watching Fury Road sooner...  Must have been some experience watching it first time on big screen:two_thumbs_up:

I am planning to watch this one day 1 without bothering about reviews.  George Miller won't let down for sure. 

Greatest action director on the planet by miles. 

I liked ATJ in The Menu...  Haven't seen One Night in Soho which has great reviews..  But will surely do. 

Last Night in Soho's director is Edgar Wright, amazing director, check out all his movies. Also his co-writer in Soho is Krysty Wilson-Cairns, she also co-wrote 1917 and is beautiful :love:

Edited by Gollum

Watched Fighter last night. 

Pleasantly surprised, good entertainment esp 2nd half. Though the humour is cringe, the CGI isn't bad and action scenes are elevated by a great bgs. A good one time watch

Was travelling for work yesterday and had few hours of idle time, watched Anatomy of a Fall (legal thriller drama) in a nearby PVR and loved it, 10/10. French-English, candidate of movie of the year. Later was reading about it and apparently it was 2023 Palme d'Or winner.

17 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Watched Dune again in IMAX (no real IMAX in India but still.

Part 2 releases on Thursday. @Lone Wolf you a fan of Dune?

Yes big fan of the books...  GEoD personal fav...   Part 1 was well done.  I honestly had low expectations as it's not a easy adaptation by any stretch but was pleasantly surprised. 

Planning on Sunday to watch Part 2.

Edited by Lone Wolf

On 2/12/2024 at 5:51 PM, Gollum said:

Watched Dune again in IMAX (no real IMAX in India but still.

Part 2 releases on Thursday. @Lone Wolf you a fan of Dune?

Something that always puzzled me if you understand Dune. why do they fight with knives and swords when they have lazer and other crazy inventions in that world? 

1 hour ago, bharathh said:

Something that always puzzled me if you understand Dune. why do they fight with knives and swords when they have lazer and other crazy inventions in that world? 

Simple in Dune universe...  A fast moving object cannot penetrate the shields..  Only slow moving objects like Knife and swords can..  Even they are ineffective if you swing wildly.  Slow and steady pressure is needed. 

Even laser guns are literal suicide as when they come in contact with shield it leads to a powerful explosion. 

2 hours ago, Lone Wolf said:

Simple in Dune universe...  A fast moving object cannot penetrate the shields..  Only slow moving objects like Knife and swords can..  Even they are ineffective if you swing wildly.  Slow and steady pressure is needed. 

Even laser guns are literal suicide as when they come in contact with shield it leads to a powerful explosion. 

That makes no sense. So why not shoot a low velocity bullet? A shotgun for example can be low velocity. Also, how would the shield protect against pure energy in the form of a laser. So if someone is wearing a shield, they will be protected even if they are underneath a spaceship taking off over them? 

2 hours ago, bharathh said:

That makes no sense. So why not shoot a low velocity bullet? A shotgun for example can be low velocity. Also, how would the shield protect against pure energy in the form of a laser. So if someone is wearing a shield, they will be protected even if they are underneath a spaceship taking off over them? 

You are not getting it a bullet travels on the basis of momentum not thrust unlike a knife or sword. 

Also the Shields could be 100% protective  but that would not enable the person to breathe..  Hence it was made slightly penetrative as per the writers...  A neat trick. 

The Laser gun when it comes in contact with this specific shield can start a unpredictable chain reaction which would lead to a big a*** explosion virtually a suicide for both shooter and target. 

In the books however Harkonnens did use big guns in a surprise attack on Atreidis... 

6 hours ago, bharathh said:

Any Avatar the last Airbender fans here? What did you think about the live action series on Netflix? I'm a big fan of the original series. Loved the Legend of Korra as well till the LGBT agenda overrode it. 

Think they have completely ruined the Sokka character, Aang and Katara are passable but overall the character portrayal is well below the animation series. 

And yes they ruined the Kora series with the unnecessary LGBT rubbish.

29 minutes ago, Sandz said:

Think they have completely ruined the Sokka character, Aang and Katara are passable but overall the character portrayal is well below the animation series. 

And yes they ruined the Kora series with the unnecessary LGBT rubbish.

I actually didn't mind Sokka as much. He was too serious though. 

What I didn't like were the story changes - Aang not waterbending even once and Katara being so anti-septic. Also, the core three hardly spent any time together in the whole series!

5 minutes ago, bharathh said:

I actually didn't mind Sokka as much. He was too serious though. 

What I didn't like were the story changes - Aang not waterbending even once and Katara being so anti-septic. Also, the core three hardly spent any time together in the whole series!

Sokka is supposed to be the funny guy but the character is nothing like that, I actually don’t mind the littles changes to the storyline, keeps it fresh for me but I am not liking most of the characters, bhumi also came across as annoying which is not how I remember him.

1 hour ago, Sandz said:

Sokka is supposed to be the funny guy but the character is nothing like that, I actually don’t mind the littles changes to the storyline, keeps it fresh for me but I am not liking most of the characters, bhumi also came across as annoying which is not how I remember him.

The whole Omashu and Spirit episodes were terrible. Azula and her friends have been casted badly as well. Zuko, Iroh and Ozai were great though. In fact, the Netflix series does a decent job only with them. That said I liked the visuals and settings quite a bit. Kyoshi as the avatar was awesome. The special effects for the fights etc. have been pretty good for live action as well. Really liked the first episode - after that it generally was quite meh