Atheism increasing in Iran

Franco Vazquez

On 9/29/2020 at 7:23 PM, Stradlater said:

Because religion is much more than just a few megalomaniacs competing to keep the masses enslaved and ignorant. 

Our rich cultural heritage owes a lot to our varied religious traditions that contributed immensely in its evolution over the centuries. Without religion we are just a bunch of culture less savages with no meaningful life. 

I find it quite amusing to see the confused Indians (such as @beetle who gave a troll vote to my post) taking pride in our cultural achievements of the yesteryears and yet when it comes to giving credit to the religion they get all preachy, listing out it's detrimental impact on our society and what not. Bunch of misguided morons. 

How is atheism increasing in a region known for its extreme form of islam wrong ?

Kuch bhi!

12 hours ago, beetle said:

How is atheism increasing in a region known for its extreme form of islam wrong ?

Persia is not extreme actually, they are relatively moderate. US does not like them because of Hq network and Russia.  Its Indias misfortune that we cant not get Russia Iran in US camp. 

On 9/29/2020 at 6:35 PM, coffee_rules said:

If you feel others are following rituals blindly, don’t follow them. That is acceptable as well. Why do you care if they are following blindly or otherwise. Atheists (in general, not speaking to you in particular) have that logical superiority and do a lot of virtue signaling and preaching instead of following their own business. Nobody in Hinduism is forcing them to take religious aspect , but expect them to respect others who follow. Mutual respect is the basis of Dharma. 

Respect to individual human being is showed, irrespective of his religion/ideasl. 

But as far as ideologies (like religions) are concerned, then they they could not be made "criticism free" in name of "respect". This is the same behaviour which I saw whole of my life where Islam was made practically criticism free in name of respect. 

Atheists don't criticise individuals as Hindus or Muslims, but they do criticise the ideology which effects the whole society due to religious laws and traditions. 

And atheists have full right to do the preaching, as Muslims and Hindus are free to do it, and they have been preaching their religions for thousands of years to the others. 

On 9/29/2020 at 3:53 PM, Stradlater said:

Because religion is much more than just a few megalomaniacs competing to keep the masses enslaved and ignorant. 

Our rich cultural heritage owes a lot to our varied religious traditions that contributed immensely in its evolution over the centuries. Without religion we are just a bunch of culture less savages with no meaningful life. 

I find it quite amusing to see the confused Indians (such as @beetle who gave a troll vote to my post) taking pride in our cultural achievements of the yesteryears and yet when it comes to giving credit to the religion they get all preachy, listing out it's detrimental impact on our society and what not. Bunch of misguided morons. 

Thanks for your opinion. 

Nevertheless, I personally believe that "Cultural Heritage" is not limited to religion only. 

For example, Chinese society is an atheist society for thousands of years too. But still they have cultural traditions and heritage. 

Similarly, present day non-religious societies have invented their own cultural heritage, where they celebrate the Birthdays (which were never practiced in such way as they have been done today due to the non-religious influence). 

And then they invented the festivals like "Valentines Day", or the "mother's day" or the "father's day", or "new year" celebrations. 

And these non-religious societies also have full capacity to adopt all the non-religious festivals of other societies. For example, Japan is an atheist society, but they are the one who spent the most money on the Christmas. Similarly, atheist society are fully open to adopt the festival like Holi, and Basant (kites). 

In Iran, atheists have adopted the festival of "Nawrooz Festival" (i.e. start of spring season). 

Therefore, it is not fair to say that atheist societies does not possess the ability to have a cultural tradition and heritage. 

17 hours ago, Alam_dar said:

And atheists  have full right to do the preaching, as Muslims and Hindus are free to do it, and they have been preaching their religions for thousands of years to the others. 

That is precisely what I said is the difference and you are repeating without refuting. Don’t equate us with expansionists like Islamists and evangelicals. In modern reform , it is the most pacifist (non-violent) and accepting of all people. Orthodox Christianity rejects homosexuals and Islamists recommend to throw them from high buildings. Yet, gays are the first to attack Hinduism based on some cultural and British era laws, which India repealed and it is non- criminal. Hindus are warming up to gay marriage as well, just FYI. Stop preaching us what to believe, keep it to yourself and try to respect all without judging. And last of all, don’t propagate any propaganda.