Food thread

coffee_rules

1 hour ago, BacktoCricaddict said:

Definitely a quirk.  But realize this - you need something to cut through the sweetness of kesari bath.  Each bite must have a bit of khaara, kesari and chutney.  Raised eyebrows, for sure.  

I thought you were joking. You serious? A pretty unique quirk. I save the kharabath for last and finish off the Kesaribath first and wash off all the sweetness with khara chutney and thuppa laden rava. Then wash off all the khara with strong filter kaapi. What a savory breakfast! 

Edited by coffee_rules

2 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

I thought you were joking. You serious? A pretty unique quirk. I save the kharabath for last and finish of the Kesaribath first and wash off all the sweetness with khara chutney and thuppa laden rava. Then wash off all the khara with strong filter kaapi. What a savory breakfast! 

Of all the things I miss about India, strong, fresh filter coffee is at the very top.  I have a filter here.  I've tried coffee from various sources including Cothas from the Indian store.  Just not the same.

On 11/17/2020 at 7:49 AM, BacktoCricaddict said:

Now, if you are going to go there, the authentic way to eat idli-vade is to cut up the idlis and vade in your plate into bite-sized pieces, pour the chutney and sambar over the pieces, don't let them drown, and then savor each piece of mystery.  All the innumerable permutations.  Idli piece now, vade piece now, each with its own unique sambar-chutney ratio. 

Try watching the top 12 Idli joints list in south Bangalore. All places I grew up eating idlis apart from eating at home, I like the w ay he eats it messy, idli saagu sambar  chutney in a orgy of sorts

Edited by coffee_rules

On 12/10/2020 at 8:08 PM, BacktoCricaddict said:

Of all the things I miss about India, strong, fresh filter coffee is at the very top.  I have a filter here.  I've tried coffee from various sources including Cothas from the Indian store.  Just not the same.

its about milk as well :hmmm: 

get A2B coffee , probably the best or I am biased towards it 

19 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

Try watching the top 12 Idli joints list in south Bangalore. All places I grew up eating idlis apart from eating at home, I like the w ay he eats it messy, idli saagu sambar  chutney in a orgy of sorts

Damn ... great compilation.  Orgy is the right word :-)!

Eating the Pelata gatti with the chicken gravy vindicates my kesari bhaat-chutney sweet/spicy fetish :-)!! It's also similar to how Maharasthrians eat sweet puran poli with spicy kataachi aamti.  Awesome! 

Edited by BacktoCricaddict

8 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

Heating the milk up to boiling point and mixing it with decoction helps to get the foamy top layer 

14 hours ago, velu said:

its about milk as well :hmmm: 

get A2B coffee , probably the best or I am biased towards it 

Problem is decoction strength.  I've never been able to get the rich decoction that I used to be able to do in India, even with the Cothas 70-30 blend .  There's something to be said for freshly ground and blended coffee/chicory and using within a week.  Will try A2B and see what I get.  Thanks!

15 hours ago, BacktoCricaddict said:

Problem is decoction strength.  I've never been able to get the rich decoction that I used to be able to do in India, even with the Cothas 70-30 blend .  There's something to be said for freshly ground and blended coffee/chicory and using within a week.  Will try A2B and see what I get.  Thanks!

+1.. I get the freshly roasted coffee beans & get it grounded at a local coffee powder selling shop. Never got satisfied with Coffee day

On 11/17/2020 at 11:11 AM, coffee_rules said:

Also, Airlines hotel in central Bangalore has that convenience of eating in the car , parking. Like Sonic joints in US. I remember doing it in smaller towns like Hassan, Mandya or even Mysore. @Mariyam spoke about it in the Mumbai thread. Very few in Bangalore has that convenience. But, I prefer an ambiance of a street or a hotel to sit and eat.

Not a fan of standing and eating.

That's the problem with most of the joints you've mentioned. You have to eat it on the go.

On 12/26/2020 at 9:22 AM, Cricketics said:

Okay that sounds ridiculous. Seriously people trying that stuff?

wow

This is worse than pineapple on a pizza

Fraandship cancel.

:whack:

Little Italy has this pineapple pizza where chunks of the fruit are mixed with the dough. And the pizza is later peppered with some pineapple juice also. Tastes AMAZING.

33 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

Fraandship cancel.

Little Italy has this pineapple pizza where chunks of the fruit are mixed with the dough. And the pizza is later peppered with some pineapple juice also. Tastes AMAZING.

I love pineapple by itself  but pizza is not supposed to taste sweet or anything. Seriously no pineapple for me on pizza. 

I will try what you recommend next time though. :) 

Fraandship cancel.

That bloody restaurant has only vegetarian food. The disappointment I had the first time I have been there.

Sent from my SM-M315F using Tapatalk