Food thread

coffee_rules

Fri special, I made Veg Tehri/Tahari a UP / Bihari dish , using this Recipe

It came out very good, used a InstaPot to cook instead of a slow cooker, you can also use a pressure cooker. Very easy to make. You can sauté meat and make it a non-veg dish. Didn’t have Kishmish, so had to use black currant. Recipe didn’t have cashew and fennel, my improv.

7-CC3-F2-E7-E089-49-B8-BA31-EE150866-D65

Edited by coffee_rules

On 2/13/2021 at 3:10 PM, coffee_rules said:

I hate air fryer. It is like organic food, a myth.  

Once in a while, you got to deep fry stuff in oil. Will show some pics later...Use sesame oil for sauce and avacado oil to deep fry gobi.  WIll publish results...

so how did it go?

34 minutes ago, sandeep said:

so how did it go?

Was a major party hit, couldn’t take pics, it tasted better than the Mughal Express. Some of tricks like sesame oil, Avacado oil makes the difference . Basically followed this recipe

https://www.cookwithmanali.com/gobi-manchurian/

Edited by coffee_rules

1 hour ago, sandeep said:

that's legit then. Mughal Express used to be the standard for desi-chinese at least a while back - I'm not big on chinese food, desi or otherwise, so don't know what the current 'good' ones are. 

Try this, used sesame oil (my fav now)

https://www.cookwithmanali.com/vegetable-hakka-noodles/

Took a pic as well

5-EE6-C4-DB-8091-4-A2-D-95-D5-BB4-DF285-

On 4/16/2021 at 4:37 PM, sandeep said:

My wife loves using that thing - I made Mango cheesecake once in it - came out pretty decent!  

Its our go to for making Sambhar and Dals, ridiculously easy and you dont have to keep an eye on like with a pressure cooker. I am surprised its not more popular in India,a potential game changer for Indian cooking.