‘Pujara was called Steve’: Fresh allegations of racism emerge against English county side Yorkshire

nevada

7 hours ago, YCCC said:

I think as well, Yorkshire are getting the stick now, but I wouldn’t be surprised if other “allegations” came out about other clubs eventually

If that happens, then its like a BLM-style movement they are trying to start monitored by the "equality" officer. Just dont go down the south africa route by adding quotas.

1 hour ago, Real McCoy said:

What's your opinion on British paksitanis. Can you make a difference between Pakistanis and Indians. There were areas where Indians lived where Pakistanis have taken over. Birmingham, Leicester. Also most of the curry houses are run by Bangladeshis and Pakistanis these days. I feel Indians and Sri Lankans get a bad rep by the collective term "asian". Even some Pakistanis from Pakistan have unfavorable opinions on Brit paksitanis

Tbh I just see the Pakistanis as very similar to lower class English people. Not worth knowing or bothering with. I certainly see a difference between them and the Indian (Hindus) though, who generally contribute more to society with better paid and highly skilled jobs such as finance, accounting and IT. Then you have the Sikhs who are into engineering and manufacturing. Not sure about the curry houses but I know my local one is Indian owned. Well they’re Indians from Manchester anyway, big United fans lol

Edited by YCCC

Now, this is real racism, Australians laughing at Pakistani, with a banner contest with only racist undertones. They will feel the same about Indians as well. Even Ian Chappell reads it out normally with or without knowing they are racist jokes.  "There is no limit how low a Pakistani can go". In these BLM times, ICC would have raised hell on  CA. He is showing a banner about asking Salim (Yousuf/Malik) to fix his car!

Edited by coffee_rules
11 hours ago, YCCC said:

Tbh I just see the Pakistanis as very similar to lower class English people. Not worth knowing or bothering with. I certainly see a difference between them and the Indian (Hindus) though, who generally contribute more to society with better paid and highly skilled jobs such as finance, accounting and IT. Then you have the Sikhs who are into engineering and manufacturing. Not sure about the curry houses but I know my local one is Indian owned. Well they’re Indians from Manchester anyway, big United fans lol

You call them yobs right. One of them started cursing at my friend who went there for work for a few months. He called him mentally challenged and he left :lol: There are some of them who get violent like those football hooligans. As you said not worth dealing with them. 

5 hours ago, Real McCoy said:

You call them yobs right. One of them started cursing at my friend who went there for work for a few months. He called him mentally challenged and he left :lol: There are some of them who get violent like those football hooligans. As you said not worth dealing with them. 

Among Indian acquaintance of mine, I have never seen a Indian Man talking about racism from English men at least not the type which is like name calling or fights. Not that, we do not have grievances but India and Indians come from huge diverse demography. Indians themselves have seen that in India, a Tamil has soft corner for another Tamil, Bong has soft corner for Bongs and Hindi speaking belt has soft corner for Hindi speaking belt. And we understand that its more of favoritism. We can diffentiate between racism and favouritism.

Hence most likely, Indian rarely jump to conclusion that its Racism. You rarely see, in day today life, a Indian guy is calling certain behavior as racist. Even official racist EDL Tommy Robinson is never discussed among Indians while Pakistanis keep going and roughing him up at every single opportunity in mass. We do not have victim mentality. We are more assured.

Edited by mishra
17 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

Now, this is real racism, Australians laughing at Pakistani, with a banner contest with only racist undertones. They will feel the same about Indians as well. Even Ian Chappell reads it out normally with or without knowing they are racist jokes.  "There is no limit how low a Pakistani can go". In these BLM times, ICC would have raised hell on  CA. He is showing a banner about asking Salim (Yousuf/Malik) to fix his car!

Having a banner saying how low a pakistani can go can be racist but that salim banner was a clever one. You know he was into fixing matches. That's why the word "fix" is highlighted :lol:

Edit: Around the same time, there were instances where Indian fans at the stadium were thrown bones from semi eaten chicken wings from some aussies. That is more racist than a banner. You can ignore a banner but not getting bones thrown at you. This is entirely an aussie thing. When some aussie accused Indian public in Indian stadiums of the same thing, he was pointed out for projecting. Nobody does that in India

Edited by Real McCoy
On 12/11/2020 at 5:44 AM, Real McCoy said:

Yep as I say, at least in Yorkshire, there is very little difference in their behaviour. There may be some animosity between these two uneducated communities but they are far more similar than they would ever admit. Sorry about your friend’s experience but obviously that’s not typical of most people here, and anyone can be a victim of such behaviour, whatever their race/colour

On 12/11/2020 at 4:35 PM, mishra said:

Among Indian acquaintance of mine, I have never seen a Indian Man talking about racism from English men at least not the type which is like name calling or fights. Not that, we do not have grievances but India and Indians come from huge diverse demography. Indians themselves have seen that in India, a Tamil has soft corner for another Tamil, Bong has soft corner for Bongs and Hindi speaking belt has soft corner for Hindi speaking belt. And we understand that its more of favoritism. We can diffentiate between racism and favouritism.

Hence most likely, Indian rarely jump to conclusion that its Racism. You rarely see, in day today life, a Indian guy is calling certain behavior as racist. Even official racist EDL Tommy Robinson is never discussed among Indians while Pakistanis keep going and roughing him up at every single opportunity in mass. We do not have victim mentality. We are more assured.

Most Indian are clueless about political correctness and racism. We as a people are fairly racist in general...even towards our own.

If it had been the other way round with a white player coming to play in India amongst Indians...it would be perfectly fine to call him ' gora' . Somethings are just not considered racist by us because we ourselves do it all the time.

Edited by beetle