‘Pujara was called Steve’: Fresh allegations of racism emerge against English county side Yorkshire

nevada

This seems to be a non-Indian issue and Indians don't need to react to this. Pujara didn't claim calling him steve as an insult. Sachin played for Yorkshire in the 90s. Haven't heard of any complaints from him either. It seems like much ado about nothing. I guess its that Butt guy (probably british pakistani) and some liberal "equality" guy trying to do some politics. Also an article from scroll.in Indian leftie BS site :lol:I'm not denying that some English are capable of racism. Unless proven, these accusations remain baseless. Anyway we have our resident yorkshireman here @YCCC. Care to give your thoughts regarding this. I think Yorkshire and nearby Bradford is full of British Pakistanis. Are they kicking up some lame attempt to promote chaos with black lives matter kind of protests.

9 minutes ago, zen said:

What did Sammy say about being called a “kala or kalu” in the IPL  :hmmm:

That's another thing I have observed. Desi people say kala gora in front of blacks and whites usually old people and low class people. They either are under the impression that they dont now about it or dont seem to care if they know. People can google the internet and find out in a second :facepalm:I have also seen people look at an african student with a funny look. Absolutely disgusting. Sammy may have other intentions to say that because he is no longer an IPL attraction but plays in PSL. I can see the pakistani connection. I have heard British Pakistanis and Blacks in UK dont get along well with each other but get together during election time. Maybe Sammy should visit those places. Paksitanis also do kala gora. Its not like they are some saintly people. Far from it. You would have heard what Sarfaraz Ahmed said in the pitch in the SA series calling a black player as kala

28 minutes ago, zen said:

What did Sammy say about being called a “kala or kalu” in the IPL  :hmmm:

In this world, mote ko mota kehna galat hai, kaale ko kaala kehna galat hai, gore ko gora kehna galat hai? No, don't think anyone would mind that.

Edited by rkt.india
On 12/7/2020 at 3:34 PM, Real McCoy said:

This seems to be a non-Indian issue and Indians don't need to react to this. Pujara didn't claim calling him steve as an insult. Sachin played for Yorkshire in the 90s. Haven't heard of any complaints from him either. It seems like much ado about nothing. I guess its that Butt guy (probably british pakistani) and some liberal "equality" guy trying to do some politics. Also an article from scroll.in Indian leftie BS site :lol:I'm not denying that some English are capable of racism. Unless proven, these accusations remain baseless. Anyway we have our resident yorkshireman here @YCCC. Care to give your thoughts regarding this. I think Yorkshire and nearby Bradford is full of British Pakistanis. Are they kicking up some lame attempt to promote chaos with black lives matter kind of protests.

The accusations sound terrible but I agree we need to wait until Yorkshire get their chance to respond. At the moment it seems like a mud slinging match and the guy who started it off, a British Pakistani, wasn’t particularly popular either at Yorkshire or around the club scene in Yorkshire, due to his poor attitude and arrogance. 

Regarding Pujara, it sounds like a lot of nothing, but we don’t know what he really thought of it. He seems too nice to complain even if he was unhappy 

I understand that occasionally, players go overboard but there is always banter among team mates if they are close to you. Allthough you can argue that it shouldn't have been uttered (unless player is bigot) but team mates swear, pull legs of each other all the time.

If Pujafa has no complains then why make such fuss. After all he is not a pushover but a International player among County league players. He knows very well the context, the people, the tone of message if he was called "Steve". He would have easily taken action. Most likely he got some good frnds in Yorkshire whom he allowed the liberty to do banter and name calling.

Edited by mishra
6 hours ago, YCCC said:

The accusations sound terrible but I agree we need to wait until Yorkshire get their chance to respond. At the moment it seems like a mud slinging match and the guy who started it off, a British Pakistani, wasn’t particularly popular either at Yorkshire or around the club scene in Yorkshire, due to his poor attitude and arrogance. 

Regarding Pujara, it sounds like a lot of nothing, but we don’t know what he really thought of it. He seems too nice to complain even if he was unhappy 

What's your opinion on British paksitanis. Can you make a difference between Pakistanis and Indians. There were areas where Indians lived where Pakistanis have taken over. Birmingham, Leicester. Also most of the curry houses are run by Bangladeshis and Pakistanis these days. I feel Indians and Sri Lankans get a bad rep by the collective term "asian". Even some Pakistanis from Pakistan have unfavorable opinions on Brit paksitanis