Hanuma Vihari has 4 innings to save or cement his career

neel roy

11 hours ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

Mayank and Shaw have bee  dropped after 5-6 failures and technical flaws being exposed. That's perfectly fine and justified in the development of younger batsmen. 

Our joker captain dropped Vihari immediately after he was our best batsman in WI, scored more than twice the runs scored by our genius captain and more importantly won us a test in WI. The only gadha in the team was this joker who has been our test captain for 6 years 

What the effing connection between dropping vihari in home conditions and his away performance.
If he is a mental midget who cant even deal with being dropped once then he doesn’t deserve to be selected.
Capable batsman make their own way.

6 hours ago, PunterLog said:

You see his 33 Average, I see that he played 1 match in the subcontinent and 11 matches outside the subcontinent.

Playing 11 matches out of 12 outside home venue is never easy at the test level.

Here's KL's record btw which is even worse than Vihari.

1922550579_Screenshotfrom2021-01-0706-46-12.png.c771bde27b56113a811a95192621473a.png

You were speaking about facts?:laugh:

Opening the innings (as opposed to lower middle order) on the toughest pitches last decade, quite a stable genius you are :hatsoff:

15 minutes ago, R!TTER said:

Opening the innings (as opposed to lower middle order) on the toughest pitches last decade, quite a stable genius you are :hatsoff:

So, you think an average of 29.5 for an opener is amazing? KL, Is that you posting on ICF as you are out of the team?

Vihari has played 11 out of his 12 tests outside the subcontinent. I like his technique and I think he'll be a decent test bat. KL doesn't have the attitude to be a longterm test bat. He should stick to LOI's.

1 minute ago, PunterLog said:

So, you think an average of 29.5 for an opener is amazing? KL, Is that you posting on ICF as you are out of the team?

Vihari has played 11 out of his 12 tests outside the subcontinent. I like his technique and I think he'll be a decent test bat. KL doesn't have the attitude to be a longterm test bat. He should stick to LOI's.

may be u hvaent noticed he has a short ball problem and at the end of the day KL has 100 in Aus, ENG vihari doesnt 

56 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

may be u hvaent noticed he has a short ball problem and at the end of the day KL has 100 in Aus, ENG vihari doesnt 

And still averages a mere 29 away from home. He lacks application, Vihari doesn't.

As for KL's 2 centuries, the first one came at possibly the flattest pitch away from the subcontinent (1550 runs for 30 wickets in the test) while the second one came in the 5th test after the series was lost.

There's a good argument to be made that Vihari isn't International test material but KL is even worse than Vihari when it comes to tests.

42 minutes ago, PunterLog said:

And still averages a mere 29 away from home. He lacks application, Vihari doesn't.

yea coz he had one bad patch, the guy who doesnt even a 100 in SENA has more application then one who has 2 

As for KL's 2 centuries, the first one came at possibly the flattest pitch away from the subcontinent (1550 runs for 30 wickets in the test) while the second one came in the 5th test after the series was lost.

So ?

There's a good argument to be made that Vihari isn't International test material but KL is even worse than Vihari when it comes to tests.

how ? 

11 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

yea coz he had one bad patch, the guy who doesnt even a 100 in SENA has more application then one who has 2 

So ?

how ? 

KL has played 36 tests and averages a mere 34, Vihari has played 11 tests and averages 33. And you think KL deserves more chances ahead of Vihari?

36 Tests is not a 'patch'.

I realize KL is an extremely elegant player but he's not a Test bat.

11 minutes ago, PunterLog said:

KL has played 36 tests and averages a mere 34, Vihari has played 11 tests and averages 33. And you think KL deserves more chances ahead of Vihari?

yes KL is a better player......If anyone follows plain avg then even rayudu was hard done. Fact is vihari doesnt have much to show as well apart from that WI tour and ur comparing him to a guy with 4 away 100s and runs at home in a ver a tough series 

36 Tests is not a 'patch'.

If all 36 was a bad patch then he wud have been avg under 10

I realize KL is an extremely elegant player but he's not a Test bat.

if that was the case he wont have had 4 away 100s in diff countries

2 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

yes KL is a better player......If anyone follows plain avg then even rayudu was hard done. Fact is vihari doesnt have much to show as well apart from that WI tour and ur comparing him to a guy with 4 away 100s and runs at home in a ver a tough series 

If all 36 was a bad patch then he wud have been avg under 10

if that was the case he wont have had 4 away 100s in diff countries

4 away 100's and still averages 34 after 36 tests.

Blind fanboys will keep defending their favorite players irrespective of their horrendous records.

If Vihari averages 33 after playing 20+ more tests, I'd be the first to ask for his removal.

KL looks good to the eye but he's not a test bat. He'll score a century on some SENA patta and fanboys like you will keep pointing to it while ignoring the fact that he can't grit it out on a tough wicket.

Just now, PunterLog said:

4 away 100's and still averages 34 after 36 tests.

yea one bad yr affected it r else he was avg 40 

Blind fanboys will keep defending their favorite players irrespective of their horrendous records.

If Vihari averages 33 after playing 20+ more tests, I'd be the first to ask for his removal.

ok 

KL looks good to the eye but he's not a test bat. He'll score a century on some SENA patta and fanboys like

let Vihari do so 1sr

you will keep pointing to it while ignoring the fact that he can't grit it out on a tough wicket.

have u seen Iast ind-aus home series

1 minute ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

yea one bad yr affected it r else he was avg 40 

ok 

let Vihari do so 1sr

have u seen Iast ind-aus home series

Where did KL bat for his 100's? Expecting Vihari to score a 100 at his position in the batting order considering our tail is a false equivalence.

Yes, KL was very good against Aus in India. Keep him for Tests in India. He's useless overseas.

Where did KL bat for his 100's? Expecting Vihari to score a 100 at his position in the batting order considering our tail is a false equivalence.

KL opened ,

Isnt ball compartively old whenn vihari comes, pant has 2-100s at 7 one position lower then vihari. Opening is hardest overseas

Yes, KL was very good against Aus in India. Keep him for Tests in India. He's useless overseas.

3-100s overseas is useless...wah

KL opened ,

Isnt ball compartively old whenn vihari comes, pant has 2-100s at 7 one position lower then vihari. Opening is hardest overseas

3-100s overseas is useless...wah

Heard of the second new ball?

Anyways, I expect him to have the same number of 100's as KL after he plays the same number of matches as KL.

KL has 2 100's in 12 tests in SENA. One of the 100 was in a game where 1550 runs were scored for 30 wickets i.e average wicket was 50+ i.e PATTA. The other was scored in the 5th test after failing miserably in the first 4 tests.

Keep making excuses for him, he's not a test bat.

6 minutes ago, PunterLog said:

Heard of the second new ball?

heard of moisture in pitch, 1st is always more lethal 

6 minutes ago, PunterLog said:

Anyways, I expect him to have the same number of 100's as KL after he plays the same number of matches as KL.

KL already 1 by his 2nd test in SENA

2 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

heard of moisture in pitch, 1st is always more lethal 

KL already 1 by his 2nd test in SENA

Opening is hard, my point was only about expecting a 100 from Vihari at position 5 or 6 having to face second new ball with our tail who can't score 10 runs to save their lives.

So, KL had 1 in his first 2 tests and then made 1 more in 10 tests?

What about his failures? What did he do in the other 22 Innings he played in those 12 tests?

5 minutes ago, PunterLog said:

Opening is hard, my point was only about expecting a 100 from Vihari at position 5 or 6 having to face second new ball with our tail who can't score 10 runs to save their lives.

as if ppl who bat at 5,6 dont have 100

Rahane bats at 5 

So, KL had 1 in his first 2 tests and then made 1 more in 10 tests?

Vihari still has 0 in SENA

What about his failures? What did he do in the other 22 Innings he played in those 12 tests?

can happen to anyone will happen to everyone....now mayank is having it. Vijay also had his ....look around the world how hard opening is 

as if ppl who bat at 5,6 dont have 100

Rahane bats at 5 

Vihari still has 0 in SENA

can happen to anyone will happen to everyone....now mayank is having it. Vijay also had his ....look around the world how hard opening is 

If Vihari bats at no 5 for 20 more tests, I'll bet that he'll have more 100's than KL. If he doesn't score 100's in the next 20 tests, I'll be the first to call for his removal.

Rahane has 4 100's in 28 Tests in SENA at no 5. He'd have less than 4 if he'd play at 6 like Vihari has in 8 Tests out of 11.

2 100's in 12 Tests is good by KL but I've seen his other 22 innings, he lacks the grit to be succesful in the test format.

Mayank will also not succeed in Tests.

I'll have KL ahead of Vihari in ODI's and T20's with my eyes closed but I'll pick Vihari ahead of KL in Tests.