Brace yourself for a drubbing at the Gabba

maniac

14 hours ago, Gollum said:

can't understand his sudden decline after that. 

Pitches weren't suddenly that flat anymore, not to mention aging reflexes & the curse of T20'ism :cantstop:

The last half of the decade had probably seen more spicy pitches than the entire noughties combined.

Edited by R!TTER
15 hours ago, neel roy said:

Everyone says we drew 1-1 .. nobody sees whether mcgrath or warne played..

Actually they do, especially thy neighbors & Convicts - conveniently forgetting that their 2004 win in India also has that *ing asterisk as SRT was missing first two tests while Dada "opted" out of the last two, we never fielded a first choice eleven that series & Oz won 3 crucial tosses with Chennai game rained out just as we were looking set to chase that down :damnmate:

1 hour ago, R!TTER said:

Actually they do, especially thy neighbors & Convicts - conveniently forgetting that their 2004 win in India also has that *ing asterisk as SRT was missing first two tests while Dada "opted" out of the last two, we never fielded a first choice eleven that series & Oz won 3 crucial tosses with Chennai game rained out just as we were looking set to chase that down :damnmate:

Yeah mentioned that in my post as well. End of day its only statistics which doesnt reveal everything 

As I have played around 40 to 50 matches at corporate and club level from 20 to 35 and 45 overs.

Mental strength counts a lot.

What I saw on the 5th day in Sydney was unbelievable. Team mates were ready to get hit. I think Ashwin was hit atleast 6 times.. correct me if I am wrong.

Even Vihari was hit.

But they didn't throw their wickets.

Indicates they are serious to beat Australia. If Smith gets out cheap ly then we are sure to win.

On 1/14/2021 at 12:13 AM, vishalvirsingh said:

As I have played around 40 to 50 matches at corporate and club level from 20 to 35 and 45 overs.

Mental strength counts a lot.

What I saw on the 5th day in Sydney was unbelievable. Team mates were ready to get hit. I think Ashwin was hit atleast 6 times.. correct me if I am wrong.

Even Vihari was hit.

But they didn't throw their wickets.

Indicates they are serious to beat Australia. If Smith gets out cheap ly then we are sure to win.

we were predicting as to what will happen in GABBA.

Check out my Post above. I said that If Smith gets out cheaply , we will win. 

I was partially correct as Sundar got Smith cheaply ( 36)in first innings and in second innings too, Smith scored 55 only.

Australian team is too dependent on smith and warner. warner was unfit so he should not have been played. there was no point in playing an unfit player.

Labuchagne is also a top player and he also got out as australians were going for a WIN.

I had advised Paine not to go for a WIN and play out the overs and easily take a draw. ( check my earlier post )He wanted to score fast and go for a WIN.

Australia could have easily scored slowly and scored 400 runs and drew this test comfortably. They knew that Indians are back with steely determination and it was advised by many to play safe against India first. India was asked to score 327 in 100 overs , which is definitely possible. i would have asked my team to score 400 slowly even if that means a draw.

27 minutes ago, vishalvirsingh said:

Australia could have easily scored slowly and scored 400 runs and drew this test comfortably. They knew that Indians are back with steely determination and it was advised by many to play safe against India first. India was asked to score 327 in 100 overs , which is definitely possible. i would have asked my team to score 400 slowly even if that means a draw.

weather reports really screwed up their thought processes. Everyone said only 60 overs will be bowled on day 5.. some aussie fans were even asking paine to declare at 260-270.. and then not a single over lost on day 5!