Brace yourself for a drubbing at the Gabba

maniac

With a bowling line up of Saini,Siraj,Natarajan/Thakur and a half fit Ashwin/Kuldeep looks very vulnerable. While Aussie batting sucks, this is the bowling line up someone like Warner or Smith can get hold of.

Indian batting we still have chinks in our armor and more injuries.

No matter what happens there,  still love this team and respect for what they have achieved on this tour, so let’s not change our tune later because there is very likely a drubbing in store at the Gabba.

Don't care now, the fight these guys have shown, similar to Spartans in that (awful) movie 300.

Even if Aussies win, they won't be able to make eye contact with our players and say that they are deserving winners. They know it, the whole world knows it now, this Indian side is the real #1 test side and the most amazing bunch of warriors in the cricket world. 

As @maniac garu said, even if we lose I hope ICFers desist from using harsh language towards the players (coaching personnel don't deserve this protection of course :p:). These are impossible odds Team India is against. Forget winning, even if we draw the series this will be like the real life version of Rocky vs Drago. I can't recall a similar instance of a team fighting in alien conditions with so many injuries. Think about it, we don't even have reserve players as concussion subs now. 

Edited by Gollum
13 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Don't care now, the fight these guys have shown, similar to Spartans in that (awful) movie 300.

Even if Aussies win, they won't be able to make eye contact with our players and say that they are deserving winners. They know it, the whole world knows it now, this Indian side is the real #1 test side and the most amazing bunch of warriors in the cricket world. 

My only complaint is the intensity level vs n.z and England. Why do we not go anywhere near the intensity we display vs Australia. Its so annoying. We could have wiped them out had we played with such vigor and swahsbuckling tenacity. 

Had we just planned better and played tour games and made right selections vs englund and n.z, I have no doubt India would have whipped them away as well. Intensity is maybe 50% of what we show vs Australia. 

43 minutes ago, Soldier said:

3 days rain bro. Just need to survive the first 2 days lol.

And guys I live in brisbane. Woohoo 

Gunna see the boys play. 

God bless you.. keep the rains and clouds coming and keep us giving updates 

4 minutes ago, Soldier said:

My only complaint is the intensity level vs n.z and England. Why do we not go anywhere near the intensity we display vs Australia. Its so annoying. We could have wiped them out had we played with such vigor and swahsbuckling tenacity. 

Had we just planned better and played tour games and made right selections vs englund and n.z, I have no doubt India would have whipped them away as well. Intensity is maybe 50% of what we show vs Australia. 

I don't think intensity was missing in NZ tour..  Planning sure was.  Also panauti captain lost both tosses.  2nd test was pretty close & we could have won if not for meek surrender of batting & Our bowlers inability to clean up tail & Jamieson.  They will give u pattas in tour games so it doesn't even matter. 

NZ is an enigma we have to crack even at ICC tourneys where they always beat us. 

Against England we need to play more county games before we tour no doubt.  They always lose one odd game in every series against good sides but are extremely hard to put away.  Even Good Aussie sides of 2000's have found it tough to beat them in 4-5 match series.  Two match test series are lottery in Eng which SL won in 2014.

We need a team at the top of their game & solid preparation to beat them & a gun swing bowler 

22 minutes ago, Soldier said:

I guess we are used to handling bounce better than swing.

1 hour ago, rollingstoned said:

if we somehow pulled off a victory kohli's captaincy might just be in doubt. it hasn't yet reached that point yet but a good showing culminating in a completely unexpected win with a team full of rookies will be hard to ignore.

Hmmm... Could be a reason why Rahane played dead slow in the first innings... India continually winning under Rahane captaincy could have a grave affect on Kohli captaincy..

28 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

I dnt care, we have shown enough on this tour that even a drubbing wont feel bad. I srsly wish this game is washed out coz if anything aussies dont deserve to win this series . 

Acc to me this has been the best effort by an indian team overseas and one drubbing where pretty much most of ur big players miss out wnt change anything. 

Exactly Aussies played pathetically in 2018 but only lost 2-1 courtesy of rain. Kohlis perth catch is still disputed.. also bugger of a rain cancelled out t20 series win. I think 132 was target in one of the t20s

Edited by neel roy
37 minutes ago, Soldier said:

Wont say intensity but other factors 

Our batsman are stroke players and aussie pitches are true for batting. Eng n nz have a lot of lateral movement which our batsman dont enjoy, this time Nz pitches were spungy also again something our batsman havent enjoyed .  

Poor planning was also a problem in england, here planning has been good. 

Emergance of ashwin n jaddu another big reason, previously they were always one performance away to replaced by other. 

Also we will never appreciate one quality of our team , traditionally we have punched above the weight in adversities eg- 2008 perth test, 2003 wc, 2013 CT . They get together and play like a team and this is a team sport not an individual sport.

1 hour ago, Gollum said:

35 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

I dnt care, we have shown enough on this tour that even a drubbing wont feel bad. I srsly wish this game is washed out coz if anything aussies dont deserve to win this series . 

Acc to me this has been the best effort by an indian team overseas and one drubbing where pretty much most of ur big players miss out wnt change anything. 

Nahin bhaiyyon.  We have not shown enough.  Enough will be when the Ozzie-Brisbane narrative is never repeated again. 

Let there be enough left for one more fight and victory.  The team has come this far, they should not be satisfied.  They should not relax and take their foot of the pedal.  Both team and fans should expect nothing but a win and go all out to achieve it.  Eff the odds.