Head to head stats of batsmen and bowlers in BG trophy 2021

2 hours ago, Trichromatic said:

Bumrah doesn't take wickets with new ball and wastes it all the time. That's a big negative while comparing potential ATG level bowlers.

Cummins bowled decently during his last tour to India.

Yeah that Ranchi spell was killer & it was his comeback series too I guess.  After a long time I saw an overseas pacer after Steyn looking so threatening on a life less pitch in SC. 

If Bumrah delivers the goods in India..  I'll rate him above Cummins.  He needs improvement with new ball in overseas.  Cummins is a beast with the old & new ball both..  Only left handers seem a little comfortable against him.  

3 hours ago, R!TTER said:

Shami avg worse in Eng, much worse - how do you extrapolate that anomaly?

Shami's bowling suits Australian and South African wickets aside of home wickets where he has to attack the stumps. He is not an out and out swing bowler which is why he struggles in England and New Zealand.

England- Bumrah, Ishant, Siraj should be the way to go with Shami and Yadav as backup or rotated, even Shardul also assuming Bhuvi gets injured during IPL.

Edited by Majestic
7 hours ago, Trichromatic said:

Bumrah doesn't take wickets with new ball and wastes it all the time. That's a big negative while comparing potential ATG level bowlers.

Spot on. I don't think Bumrah had a great tour. Bumrah we saw in WI is not there yet. That Bumrah was just scary. Will he return to that form is the question.

8 hours ago, rkt.india said:

No. Bumrah averaged 25 in domestic cricket.

Just checked. He averaged 23.58 in A tour plus rnaji before debut. That is insanely good. a tour was in India. 

So yea people who think bumrah won't be as good as Shami in India are in for a nasty surprise. 

On 1/22/2021 at 11:40 AM, Trichromatic said:

but Cummins for the most part of his career bowled as a first change bowler. Only in recent times, starc has regressed which made aus rely more on cummins with new ball too.

He took 36 wickets at 17.7 with first new ball(overs 1 - 15) and 20 wickets at 19.4 with second new ball(overs 81 - 95)

Bumrah took 19 wickets at 23.4 with first new ball and 15 wickets at 13.2 with second new ball