Head to head stats of batsmen and bowlers in BG trophy 2021

16 minutes ago, Trichromatic said:

Cummins took 0 wickets of lefties

Story Image

Starting to think he isn't as good as we all think he is. He is screwed when he tours India that's for sure.

And I am damn sure bumrah is the better bowler in all formats. 

Don't get me wrong, Cummins is still an ATG or at least on the way there but bumrah at his best is better. 

1 hour ago, Soldier said:

Starting to think he isn't as good as we all think he is. He is screwed when he tours India that's for sure.

Don't get me wrong, Cummins is still an ATG or at least on the way there but bumrah at his best is better. 

There is a reason why Cummins is no 1. We dont need to force fit Bumrah as a better bowler. 

4 hours ago, Soldier said:

Bumrah doesn't take wickets with new ball and wastes it all the time. That's a big negative while comparing potential ATG level bowlers.

Cummins bowled decently during his last tour to India.

4 hours ago, cowboysfan said:

we also dont have a lot of lefties in the team but in games it is markedly different how the lefties have such a easy time against Cummins compared to righties.

Actually Cummins has better average against lefties than right handed batsmen in his career.

Somehow he failed against lefties completely in this series.

People get carried away by small samples... Just because Pant played him great in this series doesn't mean Cummins struggles against all left handers. Bumrah is obviously a better white ball bowler but let's not kid ourselves to say he is better than Cummins in test matches. Cummins literally has everything one could want in a fast bowler - pace, swing, bounce, accuracy and incredible stamina

11 minutes ago, Trichromatic said:

Actually Cummins has better average against lefties than right handed batsmen in his career.

Somehow he failed against lefties completely in this series.

no.. we checked it recently.. 19 against rhb vs 27 against lhb

3 hours ago, RajBan said:

There is a reason why Cummins is no 1. We dont need to force fit Bumrah as a better bowler. 

Well we shall see soon. Bumrah played with a string attack and still looked deadly. 

I believe bumrah is the better bowler overall and the next time Aussies tour India will decide who is better I reckon. 

No doubt bumrah is the superor shorter format bowler as well. 

18 minutes ago, dilliboy said:

People get carried away by small samples... Just because Pant played him great in this series doesn't mean Cummins struggles against all left handers. Bumrah is obviously a better white ball bowler but let's not kid ourselves to say he is better than Cummins in test matches. Cummins literally has everything one could want in a fast bowler - pace, swing, bounce, accuracy and incredible stamina

19 vs RH

27 vs LH

Mate he does struggle

Bumrah has all those skills too. He has bounce, pace, accuracy and stamina. 

He was a bit under cooked due to lack of match practice this time and having to carry a string attack. 

4 minutes ago, Majestic said:

It is a legendary win for us, arguably the greatest ever.

Steve Smith and Pat Cummins are arguably the best batsman and bowler of this generation and we won against them. Our team is no more about individual greatness but the whole team as a whole.

Bumrah should be in that conversation too. Bumrah is every bit as good as Cummins. 

6 hours ago, Soldier said:

He's pretty good, whether he can get better especially when Oz won't be at their best & India even better at home they'd be something to watch. He's for me in the Gillespie mould - Jason was better in India than McGrath, much better in fact even though stats may not show that.