India T20 bowling in the last 10 years

GkBr04e.jpg

Between Chahal and Kuldeep it is not even a contest.  ER/Strike rate/Average  every which way. Even Ashwin is better than him. Why is Chahal our preferred spinner?  When you look at Thakur he is no different from Unadkat, Khaleel, Dinda. Not sure if his batting allows him to be part of the side.  Jadeja has given us extremely bad memories in t20. But we have to see if he has improved in this format.

If there is Option between kuly &,  Chahal I'd go Kuldeep every single time..  Even though he is tad slower..  He has variations to rely upon.  He outbowls Chahal most of the times...  Doesn't get destroyed like him on a bad day.  Chahal I think got dropped against WI big hitters in India after getting carted around & Kuldeep in that game managed to kept them silent on a patta. 

Ashwin was brilliant T20 bowler..  India barely used to set up 170+ scores & he used to defend us middling totals with ease.  We are still Missing the trick with not including him.  Dude has only improved.  He can win us the WT20.. 

Thakur vs Bhuvi is a debate we will need to settle..  Soon. 

To answer about kuldeep - he hasnt player a lot post his decline or else his numbers wud have taken a beating. Chahal is a better t20 bowler ...i knw ppl dnt like to hear but its true . Look at their importance for their franchises. Chahal leads RCB attack on a midget ground n kuldeep cant even make it in XI of KKR. Kuldeep is a lil overrated on this forum currently. At this point his bowling is toothless. Chahal is having a lean patch like many batsman have and bowlers shud be allowed. Ill have a guy smiling after getting hit for a six then a guy crying on his knees after beating any day. The reason chahal irks many is due lack of other skills n no x factor. But when it comes to t20 he is way way better then kuldeep. Had kuldeep played in last 1-2 yrs i fear he might have broken down with a few beating which he ll get regulaly as its t20. Kuldeep case at this point is just grass greener on other side.

Edited by Ankit_sharma03
17 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

To answer about kuldeep - he hasnt player a lot post his decline or else his numbers wud have taken a beating. Chahal is a better t20 bowler ...i knw ppl dnt like to hear but its true . Look at their importance for their franchises. Chahal leads RCB attack on a midget ground n kuldeep cant even make it in XI of KKR. Kuldeep is a lil overrated on this forum currently. At this point his bowling is toothless. Chahal is having a lean patch like many batsman have and bowlers shud be allowed. Ill have a guy smiling after getting hit for a six then a guy crying on his knees after beating any day. The reason chahal irks many is due lack of other skills n no x factor. But when it comes to t20 he is way way better then kuldeep. Had kuldeep played in last 1-2 yrs i fear he might have broken down with a few beating which he ll get regulaly as its t20. Kuldeep case at this point is just grass greener on other side.

Wrong comparison. Compare him to spinners in other teams and he is comfortably the worst - leaks runs, does not take wickets, cant bat, cant field BUT is Kohli's friend.

1 minute ago, The Realist said:

Wrong comparison. Compare him to spinners in other teams and he is comfortably the worst - leaks runs, does not take wickets, cant bat, cant field BUT is Kohli's friend.

I mentioned about lack of his other skills

About comparison - i think players shud be compare when they are at peak and when they are worse. U cant compare someone peak to someone decline as when someone is decline he is already doing bad 

21 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

The reason chahal irks many is due lack of other skills n no x factor.