IPL ... Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners ....

express bowling

What could be the reason(s) for IPL teams and TM favouring sub 140 or 130ish bowler.

Lets keep Bhuvi aside - He was good at IPL level for some period of time and was Ind intnl, but why others. What IPL TM are seeing in those bowlers that rest can not see.

Teams picked Mohit Sharma, Kaur, Sandeep Sharma, Mavi, Unadkat,Sikaria and many other like them not for cheap but a good amount of $$. 

Can understand if there is a sub 140 bowler who could do last over slogging -This changes the balance of the IPL team entirely but none of the above can be relied up-on for last over (6/7 ball) slogging. 

Edited by tapandrun

8 hours ago, express bowling said:

Excellent and well written post. My feelings the same when I saw Sandy trundling in to Dhoni in the last over and now since he managed to win the game I agree with you even more :)

Lol I dint watch the match. How tf did they lose it in the last over with Sandeep bowling? 
They could have batted a meter outside the crease and premeditated. Also, not surprised that Sandeep was given the last over. These trundlers are put on some imaginary pedestal. 

6 hours ago, MK55 said:

Lol I dint watch the match. How tf did they lose it in the last over with Sandeep bowling? 
They could have batted a meter outside the crease and premeditated. Also, not surprised that Sandeep was given the last over. These trundlers are put on some imaginary pedestal. 

Deliberate attempt to show Dhoni as an invincible force in Indian context,this is some divine script fed to all franchisee to pay homage to India's wc winning kaptaan

I have seen this since 2008,much superior bowlers aren't completing their quota and Thala gets his hand to lay on feeble trundlers

2 hours ago, Suhaan said:

Deliberate attempt to show Dhoni as an invincible force in Indian context,this is some divine script fed to all franchisee to pay homage to India's wc winning kaptaan

I have seen this since 2008,much superior bowlers aren't completing their quota and Thala gets his hand to lay on feeble trundlers

From last 2 matches..I have seen..people like Tim David,Green,Dhoni..they find it tough agsinsy good death bowling..since they dont have T20 kind of modern day paddle shots..those kind of shots would hv come handy..SKY,Jitesh even Badoni is playing them.,though he got hit wkt lol..