IPL ... Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners ....

express bowling

14 minutes ago, Vijy said:

wacky waqar was not regular 150s pre-injury. I followed him quite closely. it was his slingy action and reverse swing and his length that made him look that fast.

I would say that tyson might have been 150 in some of his balls, though it is dubious

If they were to ask batters today in IPL they would say Pathirana is fastest, and may say Mayank is 2nd.

Its just fuller balls with that kind of action looks faster.

As mentioned before Ind batters were telling they felt Sami was bowling faster than Akthar. Yes Sami would get into 150 kmph but Akthar was reading better speeds.

9 hours ago, tapandrun said:

If they were to ask batters today in IPL they would say Pathirana is fastest, and may say Mayank is 2nd.

Its just fuller balls with that kind of action looks faster.

As mentioned before Ind batters were telling they felt Sami was bowling faster than Akthar. Yes Sami would get into 150 kmph but Akthar was reading better speeds.

Rashid Latif said once that Md Zahid was not quick off the pitch & Akhtar felt more quick behind the wickets to him.  But at ball release point Zahid was faster. 

46 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

Rashid Latif said once that Md Zahid was not quick off the pitch & Akhtar felt more quick behind the wickets to him.  But at ball release point Zahid was faster. 

Zahid was faster when shoaib wasn't at his fastest. Shoaib was at his fastest between 2000-20005. Comparison they make is of 96-97. Zahid played very few games due to injuries.

1 hour ago, rkt.india said:

Zahid was faster when shoaib wasn't at his fastest. Shoaib was at his fastest between 2000-20005. Comparison they make is of 96-97. Zahid played very few games due to injuries.

How quick was ta Sekhar? Apparently he was quite quick, once imran asked india's team management why he wasn't being played.

24 minutes ago, Mesky99 said:

How quick was ta Sekhar? Apparently he was quite quick, once imran asked india's team management why he wasn't being played.

Ta shekar according to my dad was rapid. So was salonkar

Even the actor guy was rapid. 135 to 145. All 3.

Quite quick for those times. 

But yes as someone mentioned before, bowlers who bowl more Yorkers or on stumps ''feel'' faster than bowlers who bowl short pitch bowling. 

Only way to tell is by judging them based on how quickly the ball leaves the hand. Some bowlers lose more pace off the pitch than others despite having faster release speeds depending on where they pitch the ball. 

Zahid may very well be quick through release. Moreso than even shoaib but I have a feeling shoaib was quicker off the pitch.

32 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

Undercutter dropped finally... Not even in subs...  Umran lone pacer in subs. 

This is the game.  Cummins indicated that bowling will be experimented tonight... :cheer:

Cummins is a cunning swine. Csnt be trusted. He purposely is stopping indian talents from developing. Our dumb indian owners are so pathetic. Placing all this trust in phoren favourites. 

That's why I never rate kohli even in t20s. His sub 200 sr scores are just meaningless. Useless.

Never match winning. 

In ko games in 2014 and 16 he did well that's it. Apart from that he was mostly average too.