IPL star allrounder battle :Marcus Stoinis vs Hardik Pandya vs Sam Curran

Global.Baba

Just now, Ankit_sharma03 said:

He is elite coz of one tournament and guys like russell n pandya who perform yr after yr isnt 

That its not right to call him elite in t20 with him struggling in the format at a role which frankly isnt suited to him but to discard others like pandya n russell who do it well is childish. 

Stokes,Kohli,Rohit are elite players that keep

the aesthetics of cricket alive.

Russell,Pandya etc are modern day T20 players that have value in this setting and they entertain housewives and casual viewers in the IPL with their 6’s,antics and hairstyle.

I like to watch a masala movie but I prefer my Masala movie to have some content, some art and performances as well. Don’t want 3 hours or item songs and mass Masala action.

Thats just me but clearly there is a market for those films too.

1 minute ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

@Global.Baba kuch yaad aaya

Ur brother rohit's fan girl was after pandya when he toured england and called his fifer a fluke, bhaiya se puchna ben stokes ne india men aake kya ukhaad liya ?

Eng lost the test series 3-1. Check Stokes batting in first test and bowling in last test. He took crucial wickets and was the 3rd best player after Root and Anderson, not surprisingly 2 other players you don’t rate :phehe:

Scored a memorable 99 and contributed throughout the LoI series.

you were showing some 20 Pandya made in England series as if he could have won the game :laugh1:

Just now, Global.Baba said:

Stokes,Kohli,Rohit are elite players that keep

the aesthetics of cricket alive.

Aesthetics ka achaar dalna hai t20 men 

Guys like cook , smith dnt look aesthitic but they are top guns in t20. 

At the end any team needs effectiveness. 

Russell,Pandya etc are modern day T20 players

T20 is a modern sport

that have value in this setting and they entertain housewives and casual viewers in the IPL with their 6’s,antics and hairstyle.

Two things 

First - damn u have a turn on with hairstyles n tattoos for sure 

Second - :hysterical:, funniest thing i have read in a while 

I like to watch a masala movie but I prefer my Masala movie to have some content, some art and performances as well. Don’t want 3 hours or item songs and mass Masala action.

Thats just me but clearly there is a market for those films too.

Clearly u dnt understand t20 by a mile thats why ur making these stupid analogies. 

Here a simple basic be it masala or art movie - simple rule both have to be engaging or else its a bad a movie 

In cricket - u hit the ball or u defend it , u have to be effective. 

Big names dnt help bad films , big names mis fitting together dnt help a side. Coz in larger picture both movie n a team matters more then individual 

5 minutes ago, Global.Baba said:

Eng lost the test series 3-1. Check Stokes batting in first test and bowling in last test. He took crucial wickets and was the 3rd best player after Root and Anderson, not surprisingly 2 other players you don’t rate :phehe:

Pandya won a game on his won ...much higher ceiling. 

But england didnt win last games

Scored a memorable 99 and contributed throughout the LoI series.

Pandya won t20 series in england with  a 4 wkt haul in decider 

As far as stokes 99- they lost the series didnt they 

you were showing some 20 Pandya made in England series as if he could have won the game :laugh1:

Arent u showing stokes se wkts which didnt win the game unlike pandya fifer which did win the game 

4 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Aesthetics ka achaar dalna hai t20 men 

Guys like cook , smith dnt look aesthitic but they are top guns in t20. 

At the end any team needs effectiveness. 

T20 is a modern sport

Two things 

First - damn u have a turn on with hairstyles n tattoos for sure 

Second - :hysterical:, funniest thing i have read in a while 

Clearly u dnt understand t20 by a mile thats why ur making these stupid analogies. 

Here a simple basic be it masala or art movie - simple rule both have to be engaging or else its a bad a movie 

In cricket - u hit the ball or u defend it , u have to be effective. 

Big names dnt help bad films , big names mis fitting together dnt help a side. Coz in larger picture both movie n a team matters more then individual 

Russell and some of the other “modern day players” play in T10 and other leagues too

It is the addition of Rohit,Kohli,AB, MSD, Stokes,Smith,Morgan, Cummins,Rabada,Bumrah  and other elite players that raises the profile of IpL 

Not the Dube’s and all due respect SKY’s of the world.

Pandya is a superstar, I will give him that.

Edited by Global.Baba

4 minutes ago, Global.Baba said:

Russell and some of the other “modern day players” play in T10 and other leagues too

So ??? Cricketer has a limited life they try to earn as much as they can.

Ask pooran how much playing around the world has helped his batting. 

It is the addition of Rohit,Kohli,AB, MSD, Stokes,Smith,Morgan, Cummins,Rabada,Bumrah  and other elite players that raises the profile of IpL 

Morgan also plays t20, t10 around the world. Other guys ur naming are mostly 3 format players who have no time 

Not the Dube’s and all due respect SKY’s of the world.

Pandya is a superstar, I will give him that.

So now the debate is about who sells on advertisement rather being effective. Someone like a cummins is another guy isnt that great in t20....russell is a giant ahead of him in t20. Take russell out of kkr and they wud look harmless and take cummins out it wnt matter much

14 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

So ??? Cricketer has a limited life they try to earn as much as they can.

Ask pooran how much playing around the world has helped his batting. 

Morgan also plays t20, t10 around the world. Other guys ur naming are mostly 3 format players who have no time 

So now the debate is about who sells on advertisement rather being effective. Someone like a cummins is another guy isnt that great in t20....russell is a giant ahead of him in t20. Take russell out of kkr and they wud look harmless and take cummins out it wnt matter much

Williamson, Kohli,Rohit,Smith, Warner 2.0 (more cautious), Stokes,MSD,Cummins, Woakes (if he is playing this season), Ashwin all these players are accused of not being “modern T20 players” by you one point or the other. Remove them and a few other elites and  IPL wouldn’t be different from LPL or PSL

1 minute ago, Global.Baba said:

Williamson, Kohli,Rohit,Smith, Warner 2.0 (more cautious), Stokes,MSD,Cummins, Woakes (if he is playing this season), Ashwin all these players are accused of not being “modern T20 players” by you one point or the other. Remove them and a few other elites and  IPL wouldn’t be different from LPL or PSL

So what are we discussing their value to the team or IPL market value. This is a cricket forum not a meeting for making marketting strategy. 

Also btw guys like pandya , russell fall in very same category of IPL brand value infact much much higher then morgan, cummins , woakes (who is a nobody in IPL till now.)  Russell pandya pollad are big IPL stars big one and have massive value for their side.  Remove pandya, pollard, russell, pant , pooran all modern day players from IPL and ull have an ipl that ll run on psl run rates 

6 hours ago, Straight Drive said:

I guess you are not including Russell in this list only because he has perfromed much better in IPL than those mentioned. Is it ?

I rate someone like Jadeja,Ashwin,Woakes,Stokes etc as true pure allrounders 

Stoinis, HP, Curran are more the exciting LoI allrounders with that test level potential so I felt they were in the same category. They are still a little bits and pieces but way way better than the run of a mill bits and pieces player who gets a contract in these leagues.

Russell I thought he was unfit but seems to have been fit just in time for IPL.

26 minutes ago, Global.Baba said:

Russell I thought he was unfit but seems to have been fit just in time for IPL.

He is half a fit this time to,  a lil more the. Previously.  His biggest strength in bowling is his shoulder...he can jog up n crank good pace. Last yr also he was bowling very well with a bad leg. He goes around league after league never letting his body or injuries heal