Arshdeep Singh fan club

Global.Baba

17 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

Bumrah lacks that bounce that Arshdeep can generate.  On a good fast bouncy pitch he can be handful. But on docile surface due to height Arhsdeep extracts more bounce.

Not really. Arshdeep doesn't hit the deck. Bumrah gets more bounce than many tall bowlers because of his high arm release. 

2 hours ago, maniac said:

Please don’t say Kuldeep Sen, Saini type bowlers are ahead of him because they clock a couple or 140+ balls :wall:

Kuldeep Sen type bowlers? isn't that too early to judge him?

Arshadeep isn't a 50 over bowler yet,he too has been belted for runs ,infact looked quite toothless from the last t20wc sf

Got dropped from the side against visiting NZ

Kuldeep Sen has played handful of matches and is been around fc ,not a couple 140+ balls bowler

He's a genuine pacer,while you overate someone you tend to underrate other

When you try out 10 pacers in span of 2 years ,you will come up with 1 or 2 international quality bowlers

I'm afraid Arshadeep is again getting overhyped when he shouldn't be

2 hours ago, maniac said:

Please don’t say Kuldeep Sen, Saini type bowlers are ahead of him because they clock a couple or 140+ balls :wall:

Kuldeep is not a "couple of 140+"balls pacer.

He bowled multiple overs in Irani Trophy against Saurashtra and also in last IPL 95% of his deliveries were above 140k. He is a genuine fast bowler like Tyagi and Umran.

2 minutes ago, Suhaan said:

Kuldeep Sen type bowlers? isn't that too early to judge him?

Arshadeep isn't a 50 over bowler yet,he too has been belted for runs ,infact looked quite toothless from the last t20wc sf

Got dropped from the side against visiting NZ

Kuldeep Sen has played handful of matches and is been around fc ,not a couple 140+ balls bowler

He's a genuine pacer,while you overate someone you tend to underrate other

When you try out 10 pacers in span of 2 years ,you will come up with 1 or 2 international quality bowlers

I'm afraid Arshadeep is again getting overhyped when he shouldn't be

he got injured the first chance he got. Arshdeep is always fit, ready and gives it his all. If there is a 145k bowler with a similar attitude by all means put him ahead.

apart from some 140+ deliveries I haven’t seen anything impressive from Kuldeep outside of 1-2 overs. I don’t follow domestic so I will let you be the judge but sorry I think you should be giving Arshdeep credit for only growing in stature and working on his game: not his fault others are not grabbing chances or being fit. 

Just now, singhvivek141 said:

Kuldeep is not a "couple of 140+"balls pacer.

He bowled multiple overs in Irani Trophy against Saurashtra and also in last IPL 95% of his deliveries were above 140k. He is a genuine fast bowler like Tyagi and Umran.

As I told suhaan I don’t watch domestics anymore : Kuldeep hasn’t impressed in  the chances he got. Sure maybe not enough chances but still in a highly competitive environment you stand out every chance you get. Arshdeep has done well in every chance he got. Maybe 1-2 bad performances but more good than bad 

@Suhaan @singhvivek141 I usually don’t like players who get injured in the middle of the game from their own fitness. It’s different someone getting injured batting or fielding.

I have soured on Bhuvi and I still don’t trust Pandya because these  2 have put us in a spot many times.

Zak too I didn’t forgive him for 2011 which started a night mare for our cricket.

These guys should be fit and ready but if they are not fit to be even as fringe players then them bowling 140 on domestic pitches doesn’t help in the long run.

that’s the point

5 minutes ago, maniac said:

he got injured the first chance he got. Arshdeep is always fit, ready and gives it his all. If there is a 145k bowler with a similar attitude by all means put him ahead.

apart from some 140+ deliveries I haven’t seen anything impressive from Kuldeep outside of 1-2 overs. I don’t follow domestic so I will let you be the judge but sorry I think you should be giving Arshdeep credit for only growing in stature and working on his game: not his fault others are not grabbing chances or being fit. 

Injuries are part of the game,

Kuldeep is good 4-5 kph faster than Arshadeep on average

Arshadeep growing?IPL hype(most of the times false) has nothing to do with international cricket

Arshadeep like other trundlers is quite floaty too, don't confuse yourself with the inability of Pakistani batsmen against him,

I'm not saying Kuldeep Sen now is better than Arshadeep as he has not  played much,but I will also not say he won't be,because Arshadeep as a benchmark is too low

Even a fit Tyagi with all the opportunity can be better than him

11 minutes ago, maniac said:

As I told suhaan I don’t watch domestics anymore : Kuldeep hasn’t impressed in  the chances he got. Sure maybe not enough chances but still in a highly competitive environment you stand out every chance you get. Arshdeep has done well in every chance he got. Maybe 1-2 bad performances but more good than bad 

His injury was unfortunate, but before making his debut against Bangladesh he was playing Vijay Hazare Trophy and was picking 4fer and 5fers left right and center. I think he picked up 17/18 wickets in 6 games.
He was the only one pacer who after last IPL, consistently performed in domestics and broke the door for national team with his amazing performance. Perfomed not bad in one game as well.

Edited by singhvivek141

2 minutes ago, Suhaan said:

Injuries are part of the game,

Kuldeep is good 4-5 kph faster than Arshadeep on average

Arshadeep growing?IPL hype(most of the times false) has nothing to do with international cricket

Arshadeep like other trundlers is quite floaty too, don't confuse yourself with the inability of Pakistani batsmen against him,

I'm not saying Kuldeep Sen now is better than Arshadeep as he has not  played much,but I will also not say he won't be,because Arshadeep as a benchmark is too low

Even a fit Tyagi with all the opportunity can be better than him

Tyagi has impressed the few times I saw him. Tremendous athlete too.

Not sold on Kuldeep but hope I am wrong. There is not even a debate if he is better than  Arshdeep. Right now he isn’t even close in the opportunities that matter.

Arshdeep isn’t the best thing slice bread but apples to apples it’s a no contest at this point. 

5 minutes ago, maniac said:

@Suhaan @singhvivek141 I usually don’t like players who get injured in the middle of the game from their own fitness. It’s different someone getting injured batting or fielding.

No one likes that bhai, but we need to accept that "fast bowlers" will get injured more than trundlers.
Bond, Lee, Akhtar, Tait, Steyn there are multiple examples...Cummins was 145+ when he debuted, now he stays around late 130's and early 140's.
That's where we need to create a pool of fast bowlers, keeping all eggs in one basket isn't the right way.

2 minutes ago, maniac said:

sold on Kuldeep but hope I am wrong. There is not even a debate if he is better than  Arshdeep. Right now he isn’t even close in the opportunities that matter.

I was saying Kuldeep as bowler looks better for longer formats when you compare him with Arshdeep

I would recommend you to watch his spells for MP,or recent Vijay Hazare

@maniac
5fer by Kuldeep against Saurashtra in Irani Trophy...he was bowling alongside Mukesh Kumar and Umran and bowled well with old ball as well. He is tailor made for longer format as he has natural pace and bounce.
https://www.bcci.tv/videos/5557604/irani-cup-2022-kuldeep-sen-stars-with-an-impressive-5-wicket-haul?tagNames=2022

@maniac Arshdeep has great temperament under pressure and is turning out to be a very good T20 bowler. But as far as longer formats are concerned as already mentioned by Suhaan, Arshdeep looked pedestrian in odi's. He looks harmless when it stops swinging. Umran in comparison looked miles ahead in odi's. Coming to Kuldeep he is not just some 140 bowler. I have seen enough of him in domestic matches and he has the potential to become a good bowler for India in odi's and tests. T20's I need to see more of him to make a judgement. It's unfortunate that he got injured again. Some serious investigation needs to be done in NCA. They have messed up recoveries of too many players.

Edited by Mosher

10 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

Bumrah lacks that bounce that Arshdeep can generate.  On a good fast bouncy pitch he can be handful. But on docile surface due to height Arhsdeep extracts more bounce.

What !

The first thing that Is noticeable about Bumrah is the steep bounce that he gets and how high and hard he hits the bat.

Bumrah has a high arm action and longer than usual arms ... and despite being 5'11" or 5'10", he gets bounce like a 6'1" type pacer.

Arshdeep gets bounce only with his bouncers, which are good. He does not hit the deck hard while bowling length balls and does not get as much bounce with length balls as he could have got due to his height.