zen

Gaikwad v Shaw

4 hours ago, Lone Wolf said:

Yes..  Tall openers have their own benefits.  This tall Pakistani opener Masood troubled English bowlers last time & they had to alter their lengths significantly to get him out.  Although it helped that his off stump game was little more compact than DDP but still..  Almost everyone has weakness there. 

Maqsood is a lil tighter, DDP i dnt think even opens for karnataka....he bats in middle a lot of times

DDP is a prime LBW candidate in test 

4 hours ago, Lone Wolf said:

Gill has huge chunk in his armory that he stands leg side of the ball & tries to use his hands & his front pad & bat has a huge gap in it..  Prone to inswing dismissals.  Plus he has had 4 poor home tests as well..  Which is pathetic as he was supposed to score at home &,  on the verge of being dropped from his IPl side.  I'd still play him at WTC final though & take a look at him.  Don't think Shaw will be playing test cricket anytime sooner

I have mentioned that before any caught that inswing issue, but also said only very few in world can exploit it very very very few 

everyone will have ups n down 

5 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Liked the way Shaw paced his innings after the blistering start.

This is what I am looking forward to from his development point of view.

That was good to see.. he is extremely strong square of the wicket on both sides.. he struggled a bit in hitting straight against spinners but he can only get better with time

19 hours ago, Vk1 said:

That was good to see.. he is extremely strong square of the wicket on both sides.. he struggled a bit in hitting straight against spinners but he can only get better with time

He’s gotten a lot better hitting straight, but there is still room to improve.  As a DC fan I am very proud of the way he’s bounced back from a terrible previous season.  Maintain consistency and DC are in good hands.