Based on 2021 IPL performance so far, potential T20 India XI WT20 candidates?

Texy

There are very few open slots.

Md.Siraj should be one of them.

Sure shot picks are ....

Batsmen ....

Kohli

Rohit

Rahul

Pant

SKY

Iyer

Pacers ....

Bumrah

Bhuvi

D.Chahar

Spinners ....

Chahal

R.Chahar

All-rounders ....

Hardik

Jadeja

Sundar

Shardul

Newer / fringe players who can get in are .... 

Kishan

Padikkal 

Dhawan

Siraj

Natarajan

Shami

Ashwin

9 minutes ago, express bowling said:

There are very few open slots.

Md.Siraj should be one of them.

Sure shot picks are ....

Batsmen ....

Kohli

Rohit

Rahul

Pant

SKY

Iyer

Pacers ....

Bumrah

Bhuvi

D.Chahar

Spinners ....

Chahal

R.Chahar

All-rounders ....

Hardik

Jadeja

Sundar

Shardul

Newer / fringe players who can get in are .... 

Kishan

Padikkal 

Dhawan

Siraj

Natarajan

Shami

Ashwin

I don’t think Kishan can be considered a fringe player, and I would like to add Shaw, Samad, SRK and Tewatia to your fringe players list

3 minutes ago, QuarantineTormentino said:

I don’t think Kishan can be considered a fringe player, and I would like to add Shaw, Samad, SRK and Tewatia to your fringe players list

I am considering all players, who have not cemented their place in the T20I squad, as fringe players.

Which is why Kishan is in this category.  Yes, Varun C should be there. Probably Tewatia too.

Shaw, Samad and SRK haven't performed consistently yet. Hence, they are not on the fringe yet. 

3 minutes ago, express bowling said:

I am considering all players, who have not cemented their place in the T20I squad, as fringe players.

Which is why Kishan is in this category.  Yes, Varun C should be there. Probably Tewatia too.

Shaw, Samad and SRK haven't performed consistently yet. Hence, they are not on the fringe yet. 

Alright fair enough, although imo SRK has performed the finishers role to perfection for PBKS in the limited opportunity he has got so far, compared to Pooran. Also, what are your views on Sakariya, Arshdeep etc., with India surely looking for a left arm seamer to back up Natrajan and provide more variety?

12 minutes ago, QuarantineTormentino said:

Alright fair enough, although imo SRK has performed the finishers role to perfection for PBKS in the limited opportunity he has got so far, compared to Pooran. Also, what are your views on Sakariya, Arshdeep etc., with India surely looking for a left arm seamer to back up Natrajan and provide more variety?

SRK definitely has potential. A really good IPL may see him leapfrog other fringe guys.

Personally, Samad impresses me a lot.

I don't like Arshdeep as a Team India candidate. 

Sakaria is better ... but early days and we have to see how he fares once the novelty factor wears off. 

Personally, I would like to see a pace attack of Bumrah, Siraj and Bhuvi for World T20s.

Edited by express bowling

Personally I'd like to see Chahal dropped.  Rahul Chahar,  Jadeja & Varun C should be top options as of now.  Sundar would be there as well.  So I don't think we need another spin option. 

On Pace Bowling front 

Bumrah Siraj Bhuvi D Chahar are ahead of everyone else.  Shardul is almost there coz of him being a utility cricketer. 

Batting is a worry..  Not sure how much Iyer will get to play before WC.  Kohli Sharma duo at the top can screw us as well.  Unpredictable throughout I'd say.  SKY's form would be crucial.  Hopefully we get to see the best of him outside Chennai leg. 

10 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

Personally I'd like to see Chahal dropped.  Rahul Chahar,  Jadeja & Varun C should be top options as of now.  Sundar would be there as well.  So I don't think we need another spin option. 

On Pace Bowling front 

Bumrah Siraj Bhuvi D Chahar are ahead of everyone else.  Shardul is almost there coz of him being a utility cricketer. 

Batting is a worry..  Not sure how much Iyer will get to play before WC.  Kohli Sharma duo at the top can screw us as well.  Unpredictable throughout I'd say.  SKY's form would be crucial.  Hopefully we get to see the best of him outside Chennai leg. 

Don't forget Natarajan as well.

Lineup should  be

Kohli

One of Rohit/Dhawan/Rahul/Padikkal/Shaw

SKY

Pant

Samson/Kishan

Pandya

Jadeja

Bhuvi/ D Chahar

R Chahar/Tewatia/VC

Siraj/Natarajan

Bumrah

27 minutes ago, I6MTW said:

Don't forget Natarajan as well.

Lineup should  be

Kohli

One of Rohit/Dhawan/Rahul/Padikkal/Shaw

SKY

Pant

Samson/Kishan

Pandya

Jadeja

Bhuvi/ D Chahar

R Chahar/Tewatia/VC

Siraj/Natarajan

Bumrah

Solid line up but the best we can hope for & closest to which will play

Rohit

Kolli

SKY

Pant

Iyer/Kishan (Iyer ahead if fit) 

Pandya

Jadeja

Bhuvi

R Chahar

Siraj

Bumrah

Bhuvi & Siraj with the new ball can be deadly option upfront.   

Shardul ain't needed with Jadeja in the side..  Overall much better side than T20 WC 2016 provided Sharma & Kolli don't screw us. 

2 hours ago, Lone Wolf said:

Solid line up but the best we can hope for & closest to which will play

Rohit

Kolli

SKY

Pant

Iyer/Kishan (Iyer ahead if fit) 

Pandya

Jadeja

Bhuvi

R Chahar

Siraj

Bumrah

Bhuvi & Siraj with the new ball can be deadly option upfront.   

Shardul ain't needed with Jadeja in the side..  Overall much better side than T20 WC 2016 provided Sharma & Kolli don't screw us. 

I feel Bhuvi has declined. His best days over. He gets carted for runs at the death which was his best suit.

My preferred T20I playing 11

1. Rohit / Rahul

2. Kishan / Shaw / Padikkal

3. Kohli

4. SKY

5. Pant

6. Hardik

7. Jadeja

8. Sundar / R.Chahar

9. Bhuvi / D.Chahar

10. Siraj

11. Bumrah

--- Play Sundar at 8 if we want a stronger batting ... play R.Chahar if we want a stronger bowling.

--- We need a dashing opener like Kishan or Shaw or Padikkal if he can give quick starts from now.

--- Bumrah and Siraj should both play.

Edited by express bowling

Sorry I don't care how good you are but if you are a trundler bowling below 135 consistently I will never want you in my team regardless how good you are unless I see some special skills which includes bouncers, inswing, outswing, cutters and Yorkers. Especially bouncers and Yorkers and the ability to move the ball. 

So Chahar my buddy, you are out. 

Bumrah Siraj Shami it is alongside Rahul Chahar. Hell even groom avesh and prasidh and Tyagi. No Deepak sorry. Shardul better option than chhaar. 

2 hours ago, Jay said:

Sorry I don't care how good you are but if you are a trundler bowling below 135 consistently I will never want you in my team regardless how good you are unless I see some special skills which includes bouncers, inswing, outswing, cutters and Yorkers. Especially bouncers and Yorkers and the ability to move the ball. 

So Chahar my buddy, you are out. 

Bumrah Siraj Shami it is alongside Rahul Chahar. Hell even groom avesh and prasidh and Tyagi. No Deepak sorry. Shardul better option than chhaar. 

LMAO, Shami  leaks runs like titanic in t20 but guess it tickles your speed gun fetish so its ok.  Please check all t20 international scorecards and see how many team only have pacers and who is more effective in t20 

2 hours ago, New guy said:

LMAO, Shami  leaks runs like titanic in t20 but guess it tickles your speed gun fetish so its ok.  Please check all t20 international scorecards and see how many team only have pacers and who is more effective in t20 

Shami has been good. He can turn it up. Maybe not consistent but he has the ability. 

Another pathetic innings from Rohit Sharma and KL Rahul, man what a bunch of mediocre T20 players.

Ideally Rohit and Kohli shouldn't be in the XI, average T20 players can't even utilise powerplay.

Rahul has the game but needs to change his mindset.

It's no surprise when people discuss best player ever in IPL, these Rohit and Kohli never get mentioned, limited players in T20.

19 minutes ago, chewy said:

Another pathetic innings from Rohit Sharma and KL Rahul, man what a bunch of mediocre T20 players.

Ideally Rohit and Kohli shouldn't be in the XI, average T20 players can't even utilise powerplay.

Rahul has the game but needs to change his mindset.

It's no surprise when people discuss best player ever in IPL, these Rohit and Kohli never get mentioned, limited players in T20.

Both Kohli and Rohit have been much better in T20Is for India compared to the IPL.

Kohli has a SR of 139 and average of 52.7 in T20Is with many crucial knocks in knockout matches of World T20s.

Rohit has a SR of 139 at and average of 32.2 in T20Is.

But both have very ordinary SRs of 130 in the IPL.