2021 Wimbledon

I6MTW

6 hours ago, Gollum said:

Federer destroyed, bagel in the 3rd. Worst I have seen him play (worse than 2013 USO against Robredo), maybe time to retire. 

He should retire. He was lucky to get past the 1st round and come this far.

These are the best 4 grass courters this tournament, no fluke, all deserve to be where they are. A final not involving King Nole will be good for men's tennis, his domination is getting boring now. Personally I'll be rooting for Shapo, boy has flair and his playing style is very easy on the eye. He'll be among the handful who can keep the sport alive after the 3 titans retire. 

5 hours ago, Gollum said:

These are the best 4 grass courters this tournament, no fluke, all deserve to be where they are. A final not involving King Nole will be good for men's tennis, his domination is getting boring now. Personally I'll be rooting for Shapo, boy has flair and his playing style is very easy on the eye. He'll be among the handful who can keep the sport alive after the 3 titans retire. 

I think Shapovalov when he's on and consistent has a more beautiful playing style to watch than Tsitsipas. Probably the most pleasing to watch Next Genner, and the most pleasing since Federer.

But it's his erratic behaviour that's hindering his development. His UE and poor ROS are what's stopping him from following Federer's footsteps.

11 hours ago, I6MTW said:

I think Shapovalov when he's on and consistent has a more beautiful playing style to watch than Tsitsipas. Probably the most pleasing to watch Next Genner, and the most pleasing since Federer.

But it's his erratic behaviour that's hindering his development. His UE and poor ROS are what's stopping him from following Federer's footsteps.

Hope he isn't an UE machine today, win or lose I want to see a fight. 

1 hour ago, Gollum said:

Hope he isn't an UE machine today, win or lose I want to see a fight. 

Both the SF are potential blockbusters.

Though Djokovic-Shapovalov can be hit or miss depending on which version of Shapo arrives today. But based on this tournament so far, I figure it's a minimum 4 set affair for both. Could go to 5 sets as well. 

43 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Outplayed him, still lost. Mental midget vs mental GOAT. 

Thought so. UE at crucial times. I take back what I said. Tsitsipas is way more talented and miles ahead than him. Djokovic was average throughout the match. Shapovalov didn't even need to do anything special just play consistently and cut down on UE. He should've taken all 3 sets, instead loses in 3. 

I hope Berrettini does better. I wouldn't be surprised in another straight set beatdown by Djokovic in the final. 

18 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

Congratulations Djokor, for equaling Slam count 20 in all, GOAT player. Can’t wait for his 21st in US open this year itself. Nobody to stop him

Feel media is quite unfair to him and tries him as someone not as classy as Federer and Nadal.

21 hours ago, I6MTW said:

Thought so. UE at crucial times. I take back what I said. Tsitsipas is way more talented and miles ahead than him. Djokovic was average throughout the match. Shapovalov didn't even need to do anything special just play consistently and cut down on UE. He should've taken all 3 sets, instead loses in 3. 

Shapo has always been a headcase, how poorly he played the big points :facepalm: 

I hope Berrettini does better. I wouldn't be surprised in another straight set beatdown by Djokovic in the final. 

I fancy the Italian's chances, if not favorite at least 40-60 like the RG F last month. Nole hasn't looked all that good this tournament and think he is fatigued, the kind of run he is having this year at this age, the mental toll of RG triumph, pressure of #20 and CYGS, Olympic dreams (he wants that gold badly and it is around the corner).....ripe for the picking. 

Berrettini doesn't look like a headcase to me. Must be fresh cos of his easy draw, and high on confidence courtesy form/results. His serve, FH and 1-2 punch will ensure the match isn't a farce, his movement too is quite good for someone 1.96m tall. Bit concerned about his BH, Nole will pin him to that corner and set up the open court in many rallies, and ofc the Serbian ace is such a clutch player who knows how to play big points better than almost all other greats in tennis history. His wall-like defence shouldn't faze Berrett as much as it did Shapo since he isn't as wild a player. 

Of late we see Nole conserving his energy so smartly, does just enough to win. May start a bit slow, gauge his opponent's level and raise it if needed. Very smart player, but hey you need to be like that in your mid-30s. 

Very much looking forward to the final, so many huge sporting duels lined up tomorrow. 

Edited by Gollum