2021 Wimbledon

I6MTW

21 hours ago, Gollum said:

I fancy the Italian's chances, if not favorite at least 40-60 like the RG F last month. Nole hasn't looked all that good this tournament and think he is fatigued, the kind of run he is having this year at this age, the mental toll of RG triumph, pressure of #20 and CYGS, Olympic dreams (he wants that gold badly and it is around the corner).....ripe for the picking. 

We all know who you route for. You like Berry's chances eh? Shapo was a tougher opponent than berry. enough with the jinxing. somehow berry won the first set but "mental giant" will finish him in 4 with his pong skills

ping pong on Tumblr

17 minutes ago, Number said:

At this rate Novak will have 30 GSs by 2025.

Probably.

For all those calling Fed's domination as a weak era, then what is this? 

Djokovic is doninating and playing in the weakest era ever. 

Guys like Shapo and Berrettini wouldn't even be making SF and Finals at any era, especially Fed's 04-07. 

Nadal has started to decline on all surfaces including clay. Federer is almost in retirement. Wawrinka and Murray never the same after injuries. Cilic declined without any reaosn. Delpo perennially injured. Thiem went AWOL after winning a USO title. Lost Gen never rose to the occasion during their prime. Next gen is failing to breakthrough.

Tsitsipas, Zverev and Medvedev  simply do not have championship mentality. And they are not all surface material. They all suck on grass. And Medvedev sucks on clay. We are in the weakest grass era of all. This draw from Djokovic is similar to Nadal's USO 17. Only difference is Berrettini is top 10.

Djokovic since 18 has massively benefitted from a weak era. The entire 17-21 period has been weak. 

14 minutes ago, I6MTW said:

Probably.

For all those calling Fed's domination as a weak era, then what is this? 

Djokovic is doninating and playing in the weakest era ever. 

Guys like Shapo and Berrettini wouldn't even be making SF and Finals at any era, especially Fed's 04-07. 

Nadal has started to decline on all surfaces including clay. Federer is almost in retirement. Wawrinka and Murray never the same after injuries. Cilic declined without any reaosn. Delpo perennially injured. Thiem went AWOL after winning a USO title. Lost Gen never rose to the occasion during their prime. Next gen is failing to breakthrough.

Tsitsipas, Zverev and Medvedev  simply do not have championship mentality. And they are not all surface material. They all suck on grass. And Medvedev sucks on clay. We are in the weakest grass era of all. This draw from Djokovic is similar to Nadal's USO 17. Only difference is Berrettini is top 10.

Djokovic since 18 has massively benefitted from a weak era. The entire 17-21 period has been weak. 

Since 2017, only big 3 and Thiem (only once with Djokovic DQed and other two not playing) won all the GS (in their 30s) :shock:. I have read that players born in 80s have won the last 70+ slams with those born in 90s only once (Thiem). This era from 2015 is the weakest era in tennis and looks like this trend will continue. I won't be surprised if Djokovic will win the CYGS not only this year but more than once as well. I think he will win 30+ slams. If it happens, the entire scenario will look comical. Once he retires, ATP will become like WTA.

8 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

Since 2017, only big 3 and Thiem (only once with Djokovic DQed and other two not playing) won all the GS (in their 30s) :shock:. I have read that players born in 80s have won the last 70+ slams with those born in 90s only once (Thiem). This era from 2015 is the weakest era in tennis and looks like this trend will continue. I won't be surprised if Djokovic will win the CYGS not only this year but more than once as well. I think he will win 30+ slams. If it happens, the entire scenario will look comical. Once he retires, ATP will become like WTA.

Looks like 30s are now normal. In 80s Becker won Wimbledon at 17,18 and 21. He never won it after that. Michael Chang won his only grand slam at 17 . 30 used to be considered quite old but now things have changed drastically.

Edited by Singh bling

1 minute ago, Singh bling said:

Looks like 30s are now normal. In 80s Becker won Wimbledon at 17,18 and 21. He never won it after that. Michael Chang won his only grand slam at 17 .

Djokovic is not just 30. He is 34. I don't care how good you are, any player in their 20s should beat them. Sampras won his last slam at 31. Even a player who is not as good to belong in the top echelons like Hewitt beat Sampras and quite regularly. They called it weak back then. But this is unprecedented. These guys don't have it. I'm sorry to say it.

5 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

Djokovic is not just 30. He is 34. I don't care how good you are, any player in their 20s should beat them. Sampras won his last slam at 31. Even a player who is not as good to belong in the top echelons like Hewitt beat Sampras and quite regularly. They called it weak back then. But this is unprecedented. These guys don't have it. I'm sorry to say it.

How are you feeling bro?

6 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Today both Messi and Djokovic won. GOATs.

Indian women won, Anand beat Kasparov 2nd day in a row and finished 2nd in Zagreb. 

Hope Italians smash the home side. 

Indian American won boys singles title.

Is this a sign that Indian tennis(albeit he'll represent America but who cares, tennis players play for their personal goals and represent themselves on scoreboards) will take off? Will we finally get a player in the top 20-30?

30 minutes ago, I6MTW said:

Indian American won boys singles title.

Is this a sign that Indian tennis(albeit he'll represent America but who cares, tennis players play for their personal goals and represent themselves on scoreboards) will take off? Will we finally get a player in the top 20-30?

Doubtful. 

1 minute ago, Real McCoy said:

I'm feeling there is no hope for tennis. Lets mingle WTA into ATP. WTA are trannies anyway :lol: wont know the difference. We will watch tennis sail into oblivion

Best hope is someone inventing a time machine, bringing back 06-07 Federer here. Even 11 would do. 

Or magically giving Federer the body of a 24 year old . Whichever works. Same can be applied to Wawrinka, Delpo, Murray as well.