Tokyo 2020 Paralympics: Record 19 medals thus far!!!! Amazing

33 minutes ago, bharathh said:

Not for all sports. For sports like Athletics they are a good barometer for India. Asian Games is pretty poor as far as Athletics is concerned. Asian champs are miles behind the Carribean, UK and Aussies. It would be great for Swimming and Cycling if we had any contenders there as well. 

For boxing, wrestling, TT, badminton and weightlifting - agreed. 

Do you think the best athletes participate in CWG? 

No, Jamaica probably sends its University kids to those Games, if they are better than India's best that is a sad reflection on us. 

I'll bump this post when I see the withdrawals list next year, maybe not from hosts Eng but other top countries. CWG is just glorified exho. 

Edited by Gollum

In track they are better than Asian athletes. Even 2nd tier Jamaican sprinters are better by a big margin. In the women's category all the top Jamaicans participated.

Better competition than Asian games for sure. That said Yohan Blake won Bronze last time in the 100m and he was a tier 1 athlete at the time.

In field all the best athletes participate.

10 minutes ago, GeeGaw said:

I can’t believe there is a 310 page thread about the crippled olympics. If it wasn’t for this board, I would not know it was even happening.  Good job India.

This is the Olympics thread.

Maybe last 10-15 pages have been about Paralympics. They just changed the thread title. 

Since no other thread, posting here.

After the Tokyo Games disaster, Djokovic bounces back in style. 

Zverev beat him in the Olympics SF, Novak now beats him in USO SF. One step away from the greatest tennis achievement since 1969 Laver. 

What a mental giant, knows when to raise his game, plays big points better than anyone in the history of tennis. Knows how to win, was outplayed for most parts today but still a win in 5 sets. Watching someone like him in action makes me think elite sports is more mental than physical.

Even he struggled to close it out at 5-1, tension palpable. Final is going to be something else. We are entering unchartered territory in men's tennis since the advent of live sports broadcast. Privilege to watch a giant like him in action. 

Edited by Gollum

Draw from hell for Nole. Will be damn tired.

Med with his cakewalk draw and youth will have the legs for the final.

Just now Nole said he will play the final as if it is the last match of his career. Needs to do that at least physically against the imposing Russian, mental burden will be even worse. 

Most important match in tennis history coming up in <2 days time.

Edited by Gollum
16 hours ago, Gollum said:

Draw from hell for Nole. Will be damn tired.

Med with his cakewalk draw and youth will have the legs for the final.

Just now Nole said he will play the final as if it is the last match of his career. Needs to do that at least physically against the imposing Russian, mental burden will be even worse. 

Most important match in tennis history coming up in <2 days time.

He will win this easily. It seems he revels in Marathon matches...and sometimes I feel like he is just toying with them.

I remember Agassi once mentioned in his Interview that he purposely extended his matches to 5 sets against Connors because he wanted to tire him out and that he hated his guts. The result was a foregone conclusion for him because he was confident that he could beat him with just one leg. Novak matches that exact spirit, where he wants to portray himself as a warrior and try to win the crowd over in the process. 

While I am not rooting for him, due to my love for Fedal.  But he will undisputedly end his Career as the Greatest that played this sport. 

Edited by nikrulz