2nd T20I (N), R. Premadasa Stadium, Jul 28 2021, India tour of Sri Lanka, 8 PM IST

14 hours ago, The Realist said:

Amidst the ruins Dhawan is also a horrendous captain. Comes out to open and hogs 40+ balls at less than a run a ball then gets out. Shows no leadership in the field and bowling changes are poor.

He's 36 in a few months and been crap in the T20 format so where is the upside in making him captain?

Who else could have been made captain for this series?

I was never in favour of Dhawan given his age and unlikelihood to ever captain "India" at international level, regardless if we win both ODI and T20 series.

35 minutes ago, Frustrated said:

Reports coming in that Saini has dislocated his shoulder. And Sandeep Warrior will replace him.   Not sure if it is good or bad for us.    Saini could atleast hold the bat. And we are already thin on batting.   

Doesn't matter.They got the batting order all wrong.Samson should open with Paddikal and Dhawan should strengthen the middle over.Samson should be given the licnese to go hammer and tongs in the first 6 and then take it from there.Even if we collapse again,a good start will mean we can score 150 in the end which will be good enough for SL.Sakaria should be dropped if possible.

Edited by nitinbwj
13 minutes ago, nitinbwj said:

Doesn't matter.They got the batting order all wrong.Samson should open with Paddikal and Dhawan should strengthen the middle over.Samson should be given the licnese to go hammer and tongs in the first 6 and then take it from there.Even if we collapse again,a good start will mean we can score 150 in the end which will be good enough for SL.Sakaria should be dropped if possible.

Good observation. I don't know what Sakaria has done to be ahead of Arshdeep? He has been so good for PBXI in IPL for two years and has India A experience too. 

22 minutes ago, nitinbwj said:

May not be a bad idea to send samson to open.   Will he last 10 balls? That's the question.    If samson opens,  I m sure SL will definitely open their bowling with hasaranga who might get him in the 1st over.   (Like 1st T20)

4 hours ago, Suhaan said:

What analysis are you talking about?all i find there is copy paste posts

Just because most of them don't give two hoots about that thread you call it ocean of rich content,pure bs

What is the point of comparing threads and making an attempt to mock guys who are disinterested

Dunno why you are triggered, I didn't call it an ocean of anything, 'more', 'richer' are the words I used (all relative), so don't resort to hyperbole. 

And that is true, match threads are just filler, running commentary. We have other cricket related threads just on page one which are quality, where some thought goes behind posts. But match thread is just time pass, has always been and there is nothing wrong with that, it is fun, light-hearted and sees banter/jokes/trolling, we all like to participate there...different threads serve different purposes. Otherwise why open new threads? All discussion/debates/analysis can be done in match threads itself, no?

I6MTW asked a question, I answered it, where is the mocking?

If people don't give two hoots about something, fine. Did I aske anyone to change his/her mind? If people think they are being mocked by my choice of words, they have to do 2 things: improve comprehension abilities, and grow a thick skin. Surprised to see a chill guy like you taking offence :confused:

Edited by Gollum
55 minutes ago, Gollum said:

And that is true, match threads are just filler, running commentary. We have other cricket related threads just on page one which are quality, where some thought goes behind posts. But match thread is just time pass, has always been and there is nothing wrong with that, it is fun, light-hearted and sees banter/jokes/trolling, we all like to participate there...different threads serve different purposes. Otherwise why open new threads? All discussion/debates/analysis can be done in match threads itself, no?

Match threads arr fun as most people in India connect with the game,with knowledge comes fun

You can't be cracking jokes about games which you have no clue of ,i believe that doesn't contribute to the "rich content"you talked about

You clearly took a jab at regular commentators in match threads, that's my take ,i conveyed it to you

Which i believed was offending to the guys regularly posting there, didn't expect from a "good thinker"like you either

14 minutes ago, Suhaan said:

Match threads arr fun as most people in India connect with the game,with knowledge comes fun

You can't be cracking jokes about games which you have no clue of ,i believe that doesn't contribute to the "rich content"you talked about

You clearly took a jab at regular commentators in match threads, that's my take ,i conveyed it to you

Which i believed was offending to the guys regularly posting there, didn't expect from a "good thinker"like you either

Even I post regularly in match threads, not doing this time since I am not following the Ind-SL series. Probably had hundreds of posts in the MCG, SCG, Gabba test threads a few months back. Forget international cricket, even DC's IPL match threads in 2020 where I was match thread starter for most of our fixtures. Am I taking jabs at myself as well? 

Even if it came out as such, trust me I never intended to belittle guys posting in match threads. What reason to do that? Forum activity is good. But I stand by my belief that it is easier to fill pages in match threads, it is what it is and there is nothing wrong, we all want to have a good time. True across all forums, one match/tournament thread running into 100s of pages and 10 other threads dissecting various aspects of the match, delving a bit deeper. All of them are necessary to keep the forum active. 

Edited by Gollum