I feel Kishen is better than Pant in T20.

maniac

28 minutes ago, New guy said:

Sure. Wonder why Kishan couldn't do it if ipl is so easy. Heck even dhoni couldnt score so many in any ipl

But he did take the besr internatinal bowlers to the cleaners too

Kishan is not to be underestimated, he is also a lappebaaz, but based on present form and fitness, he is the better option.
For ipl record, Kishan did it in the IPL 2020.

I think the IPL will put things into perspective in terms of who is the best option. Pant atm doesn't inspire too much confidence with the bat IMO. Kishan is a better alternative to me as he can keep adequately for T20s and is a gun with the bat. 

That said IPL form will be handy going into the T20 WC. Hopefully Pant proves that he is the best bat-keeper option available. I would still play Kishan at the top of the order with Rohit even with Pant playing though rather than Rahul

25 minutes ago, Suhaan said:

So,he shouldn't have done well in back to back tours to Australia,one was his first tour was absolutely phenomenal in India just after

Coming back to t20s ,he has done well in IPL,not many have done that well

Let me tell you ,there is nothing  called "hack" absolutely not in t20s

It doesn't matter what you call him, you can call him Lappebaaz instead.
When the pressure is on, a hack is someone who is extremely unreliable. He may or may not score runs.
You don't appear to have seen him bat this series or in the World Cup semi-final.

Edited by speedheat
1 minute ago, speedheat said:

It doesn't matter what you call him, you can call him Lappebaaz instead.
When the pressure is on, a hack is someone who is extremely unreliable.
You don't appear to have seen him bat this series or in the World Cup semi-finals.

I have seen him,still scored more than your methodical batsmen that day

You don't need to assemble even a few of them in t20s,

England is a very difficult place to bat,he still has a 50 and he will surely be not consistent with his method there,whole Indian line up is struggling there

He is not a "hack",if he were ,he wouldn't have been playing test cricket

8 minutes ago, Suhaan said:

have seen him,still scored more than your methodical batsmen that day

MO wasn't in top shape, but he was.

8 minutes ago, Suhaan said:

You don't need to assemble even a few of them in t20s,

England is a very difficult place to bat,he still has a 50 and he will surely be not consistent with his method

His methods of getting out like a proper" hack " :winky: was the problem, negligently prodding a ball outside the off stump or blindly chasing a wide one, both of which resulted in his dismissal.

Edited by speedheat
9 minutes ago, speedheat said:

MO wasn't in top shape, but he was.

He didn't even play all along brought in midst of the tournament,very high expectations from him then,

He did hold the innings,for the amount of time he spent in the whole tournament it wasn't anywhere near being"hack"

His method of getting out like a proper" hack " :winky: was the problem, negligently prodding a ball outside the off stump or blindly chasing a wide one, both of which resulted in his dismissal.

Again,his methods will not be successful in every conditions ,his methods made things possible which meant impossible for guys before(read Gabba here)

Dont expect him to pull out those freak things everytime,but he will surely do enough for many guys like you and me

Even the very last test he ensured with Thakur Eng didn't have a sniff to fold India below a par score

Edited by Suhaan
38 minutes ago, Suhaan said:

Same people are smashing there bangles over Iyer and Dhawannot being selected in 15

Seriously?You want to operate in t20s with these guys when you have to keep up with modern t20 methods,

The engine room of t20 lineup comprises of positions from1 to 5,we dont want an engine with low torque and fake efficiency

Aakash Chopra is doing randi rona on Twitter YT & Cricinfo over Chahal & Dhawan not being picked.. 

He called Chahal 2nd best wrist spinner in world after Rashid Khan lmao... Not Hasaranga Shamsi Adil Rashid but Chahal who is no 25 ranked bowler.. 

These are our so called experts...  They make Poyzzz experts look like world class

On Topic Kishan has started well in his LOI career & bats in a care free manner.  But his sample size is smaller.  He is a Qdk esque talent with amazing timing & bat flow..  His work ethic remains to be seen.  He looks more assured as a opener who can wreck havoc in Powerplay.  He did well in the Final vs DC in Dubai in middle order..  So he is clutch as well like Surya but again Sample size is small. 

Pant has more power in his strokes but loses his bat shape & balance..  But he has shown marked improvements since last IPl.  Fitness is an issue but still he is our 1st choice pick. 

7 minutes ago, Suhaan said:

He didn't even play all along brought in midst of the tournament,very high expectations from him then,

He did hold the innings,for the amount of time he spent in the whole tournament it wasn't anywhere near being"hack

Keep bringing up his one inning in which he did rather well that too when he had lord on the other end while ignoring his marathon failures in this series.

11 minutes ago, Suhaan said:

Again,his methods will not be successful in every conditions ,his methods made things possible which meant impossible for guys before(read Gabba here)

Dont expect him to pull out those freak things everytime,but he will surely do enough for many guys like you and me

Even the very last test he ensured with Thakur Eng didn't have a sniff to fold India below a par score

You must not have seen him bat in the last match, because it was  reasonable thakur who relieved him of all the load.Not the other way around.

Nobody is expecting him to have a Gabba-like innings, but expecting him to have some sense is not a crime.

7 minutes ago, speedheat said:

Keep bringing up his one inning in which he did rather well that too when he had lord on the other end while ignoring his marathon failures in this series.

Not just one inning,he did well against England at home as well,he did well against WI also when they were here

You must not have seen him bat in the last match, because it was  reasonable thakur who relieved him of all the load.Not the other way around.

Nobody is expecting him to have a Gabba-like innings, but expecting him to have some sense is not a crime.

Thakur was excellent, Pant played his part in that partnership,why you're denying it,that was supposed to be last recognised pair,had he been a "hack" he would have botched it

19 minutes ago, speedheat said:

Pant is on course to set the Indian record for MOST runs by a keeper-batsman in a calendar year, this when he has played majority of his tests this tests in SENA.

But no let's ignore all that.

1 minute ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

And what did he do in IPL 2021..he was dropped by MI, shh lets not talk about it :)

They changed is batting position to accommodate sharma.

Never rated him tbh, as I previously stated, he is a lappebaaz too but he did well on the Lanka tour recently. Let's not talk about it.

12 minutes ago, Suhaan said:

Not just one inning,he did well against England at home as well,he did well against WI also when they were here

Thakur was excellent, Pant played his part in that partnership,why you're denying it,that was supposed to be last recognised pair,had he been a "hack" he would have botched it

That doesn't change the fact that he's a hack who is unreliable, I'm thinking of a WC 19 semi.He'd messed up far too many times before that 50 you are talking about.

You continue to ignore this fact.

Edited by speedheat
Just now, speedheat said:

They changed is batting position to accommodate sharma.

Never rated him tbh, as I previously stated, he is a lappebaaz too but he did well on the Lanka tour recently. Let's not talk about it.

keep moving from IPL to IPL 2020 to SL tour :)

And because you are talking about SL tour (and not T20s), Pant's last 3 LOI scores are 78(62), 77(40), 28(31). But go on - lappebaaz, hack, yadda yadda yadda

1 minute ago, speedheat said:

That doesn't change the fact that he's a hack who is unreliable, I'm thinking of a WC 19 semi.He'd messed up far too many times before that 50 you are talking about.

Purely subjective,if you think so

He didn't do bad for his first WC, he was also indifferently treated many times made to miss runs at home

He didn't mess up that day,top 3 did

1 minute ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

keep moving from IPL to IPL 2020 to SL tour :)

And because you are talking about SL tour (and not T20s), Pant's last 3 LOI scores are 78(62), 77(40), 28(31). But go on - lappebaaz, hack, yadda yadda yadda

O bhai, I didn't bring his IPL records, it's the other poster.

I was concerned about his recent batting form, which plainly favours Kishan.