I feel Kishen is better than Pant in T20.

maniac

For some reason always felt Pant is at best when he has some room to settle down. Yes he is a destructive bat but kind of like a modern version of the early version of  Dhoni where he needs some time to gauge the conditions and bowling.

Kishen on the other hand, starts right of the bat.

In terms of readiness Pant is leagues ahead of Kishen as a keeper and his batting looks refined but in a format like T20 I feel Kishen is the better option.

We have the luxury of picking both but if it comes down to one option in T20 I would go with Kishen. Pant is the superior cricketer though but in T20 Kishen is the better option.

3 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

pant is superior to kishen in any format ,

overall as a cricketer yes no contest at the moment but I am solely talking about T20 batting where you might have to get a 15-20 run over straight off the bat. Pant might need some time to get set and do that but I feel Kishen can get to it quicker on a good day.

Fair shout this. Pant does take his time especially when playing for India, Kishan gets going usually.

Kishan has an issue of being way too leg side-ish with his strokeplay than the avg batsmen which obviously will limit him in other formats but T20s he plays to his strengths. Plus he is severe on spinners which makes him handful in the middle overs

And importantly, he hasnt been involved in the team setup enough to have been bit with the strike rate bug. Will be interesting to follow his progress in the coming years

Kishen has bad habits. No amount of skills can make it better at international. The Netflix series about MI showed how he stays very late and doesn’t work out in gym and got pulled up by his coach. IPL gives opportunity but few will take it for granted feel Kishen is one. 

Edited by gattaca

Kishan was at his best last IPl when he was opening the batting for MI in IPl. 

He used the powerplay & smoked both pace n spin easily & cleared big boundaries easily.  The assault on Rabada & Nortje was awesome to watch in Dubai. 

In middle order he has been used randomly & sample size is smaller. 

Pant has had his struggles in T20I while playing for India but he was getting into groove in England T20 series.  Ideally he should Start the WC.  And his IPl form should be looked closely in UAE..  Coz that's Where he struggled. 

7 hours ago, maniac said:

overall as a cricketer yes no contest at the moment but I am solely talking about T20 batting where you might have to get a 15-20 run over straight off the bat. Pant might need some time to get set and do that but I feel Kishen can get to it quicker on a good day.

Ipl 2018 and ipl 2019 prove you wrong. You dont score 128 of 60 balls without being able to go from ball 1 and smashing big overs. In both these series he wqs smashing from ball 1 and having huge overs.  He broke records for most runs by an indian wicketkeeper in ipl

9 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Pant needs to work on his balance at the crease and maintaining shape when hitting. It has been going awry for some time now.  

Agree. This has been his biggest issue.

Pant is a natural stroke player who can play cuts, pulls, drives, flicks.

He does not need to to for those all or nothing hoicks which unsettle his balance and shape.

I think Pant has become a little unfit again - esp after he got Covid. When he was in shape in Aus and in India earlier in the year his balance looked good. That's why he keeps falling over like he used to prior to this year and looks ugly in his swipes. Probably a matter of becoming match fit again. 

Till then Ishan Kishan should be first choice keeper in T20s. Unlike Dhoni Pant cannot be picked on his keeping skills alone. Kishan can replace Dhawan at the top with Rohit and provide a good foil for Rohit to play himself in.

1 minute ago, bharathh said:

I think Pant has become a little unfit again - esp after he got Covid. When he was in shape in Aus and in India earlier in the year his balance looked good. That's why he keeps falling over like he used to prior to this year and looks ugly in his swipes. Probably a matter of becoming match fit again. 

Till then Ishan Kishan should be first choice keeper in T20s. Unlike Dhoni Pant cannot be picked on his keeping skills alone. Kishan can replace Dhawan at the top with Rohit and provide a good foil for Rohit to play himself in.

Have you seen pants keeping recently? He is a 100 times better keeper than kishan