Reason i have always rated KL over iyer, Also Why Livingstone is so good

Iyer has better mental strength than KL though and boy he can strike the ball when in his zone. Actually he is a cleaner striker of the ball than Pant,Kishen and even Pandya -with his weird stance even though I would put Pandya in his category hitting in the V.

I would say he is capable of getting those 20 runs overs against Spinners and medium pacers.

6 minutes ago, rollingstoned said:

I know he has a short ball issue but I feel Iyer is one guy who can adapt to red ball cricket. Our cupboard is bare so maybe the likes of him and SKY will get chances when a few others retire.

red ball will be worse for him, he just doesnt have short ball problem. Red ball will expose his lateral movement issues , i knw others also have it but his wud be a lot more

Better options are avl then iyer

Just now, Ankit_sharma03 said:

red ball will be worse for him, he just doesnt have short ball problem. Red ball will expose his lateral movement issues , i knw others also have it but his wud be a lot more

Better options are avl then iyer

can you name a few? Please no some random knock in some chindi league with a couple of 6’s

1 minute ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:
  • shaw
  • gill
  • vihari
  • shankar
  • Devdutt
  • panchal
  • easwaran 
  • Sundar
  • hardik 
  • jaiswal 

All are better red ball batsman then him 

Hardik and Shankar are no way better red ball players than Iyer. Let’s take a bet.

I rate Vihari lower than Iyer

Sundar is still unproven and no way Sundar would have been picked over Iyer on domestic exploits. Sundar might be good but right now he benefitted from being in the right place at the right time. Iyer still hasn’t had that chance and going by his domestic record he will be ok in a lot of conditions.

the rest are openers and last time I checked and no way Easwaran or Panchal are better than Iyer.

19 hours ago, Majestic said:

KLR is arguably the most versatile Indian batsman of this generation. In terms of display of range of shots, he is better than Kohli and has a tight technique and defense like Kohli too. Rahul's problem is his head and lack of clarity of how he should bat in certain situations. The skill sets are there.

He has a bit of ABD in him in terms of talent level.

Iyer is a good batsman and an upgraded version of Rayudu but doesn't have as high a ceiling.

That's a lot due to Brat himself, he was doing great as a test opener throughout 2016/17 & then the *ing asshole choose his buddy to open in SA over an in form KL :whack:See the source image

10 minutes ago, maniac said:

Hardik and Shankar are no way better red ball players than Iyer. Let’s take a bet.

Shankar is actually one of the best red ball batsman in the country ...its a tragedy that he is being wasted 

Hardik doesn't have many issue other then heavy bottom hand grip

iyer has too many issues

I rate Vihari lower than Iyer

he can grind , iyer cant

Both have short ball problem, both are good against spin 

Sundar is still unproven and no way Sundar would have been picked over Iyer on domestic exploits. Sundar might be good but right now he benefitted from being in the right place at the right time. Iyer still hasn’t had that chance and going by his domestic record he will be ok in a lot of conditions.

technically more sound

I dnt look much into records....i see how many weakness a player has ...the more the problem the more chances opposition can get u out . Good players will give u very less chances , if u take a risky example like shaw who has an advantage of making bowlers pay heavily on their mistake not iyer. 

the rest are openers and last time I checked and no way Easwaran or Panchal are better than Iyer.

what did u check ?? Both play for India A in red ball.....iyer isnt even part of it for long 

Rahul is a mental midget,not a big match player. He has been in horrific form in T20i this year, with three consecutive ducks against England. Will play a couple of big knocks as usual for KXIP in league games, but will fail as usual during must win situations. Let's see if the selectors retain his in the 15 at the end of IPL.

Edited by RedFever
2 minutes ago, RedFever said:

Rahul is a mental midget,not a big match player. He has been in horrific form in T20i this year, with three consecutive ducks against England. Will play a couple of big knocks as usual for KXIP in league games, but will fail as usual during must win situations. Let's see if the selectors retain his in the 15 at the end of IPL.

:hysterical:

21 minutes ago, R!TTER said:

That's a lot due to Brat himself, he was doing great as a test opener throughout 2016/17 & then the *ing asshole choose his buddy to open in SA over an in form KL :whack:See the source image

You are right about that time but it was just one or two match and then later on Kohli backed him and gave a lot of chances too. His failures in England, Australia and then even at home all led to him getting dropped from the test team by 2018. He was given enough chances and even in ODIs, he was not doing anything special.

The break helped him, he had a dominant IPL season and then played a few game changing de Villiers esque knocks in ODIs at no.5 plus kept gloves too and now has done well in his comeback test series. I still feel that he is mentally a bit soft and starts panicking when others in the reckoning push him for the spot.

Even in IPL, it is hard to understand how he assesses the match situation.

Bats slowly, bats till end but ends up choking. His team isn't that bad. In T20s, there is no such logic that I should bat slowly because there is no one behind me. Instead if he scores faster, others will get extra time to get themselves in and play more freely. 

Edited by Majestic