Reason i have always rated KL over iyer, Also Why Livingstone is so good

6 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Actually video is about Livingstone but it takes iyer n KL example as well

Always like KL base n setup but was always found Iyers faulty (i cudnt explain it technically but this video does that job)

Iyer range & set up is specifically modelled to Take on spinners..  There is lot of Misbah ul haq in there..  Another guy who in his prime was lethal against spin..  Especially finger spin. 

Rahul has far bigger range & Strokes to take on everyone..  In fact he is best in India purely based on his range. 

1 minute ago, Lone Wolf said:

Iyer range & set up is specifically modelled to Take on spinners..  There is lot of Misbah ul haq in there..  Another guy who in his prime was lethal against spin..  Especially finger spin. 

Rahul has far bigger range & Strokes to take on everyone..  In fact he is best in India purely based on his range. 

Rahul struggles against spin.

Just now, Lone Wolf said:

in terms of spinner also iyer has been troubled with the ones who bowl very quick 

25 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

in terms of spinner also iyer has been troubled with the ones who bowl very quick 

Yeah spinners like Rashid Khan Hasaranga who bowl flat fast googlies will trouble him.  Also guys like Zampa whose leg spinner drift away very quickly away from RHB.  He has a fierce cut so there's that as well. 

5 hours ago, Lone Wolf said:

No he doesn't Aus tour of India in 2017 proved that.  He has a natural sweep & uses his feet nicely to reach the pitch of the ball.  All of his issues are mental..  His approach. 

I am talking about hitting in T20 against spin. This thread is about that not tests.

2 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

I am talking about hitting in T20 against spin. This thread is about that not tests.

Depends on the pitch & match situation, the likes of RGS, Kohli, Dhawan & especially lunge master himself have been poor against spinners when starting anew! If he's set he's as good as anyone in the team currently possibly with the exception of the one above all :bow:

See the source image

KLR is arguably the most versatile Indian batsman of this generation. In terms of display of range of shots, he is better than Kohli and has a tight technique and defense like Kohli too. Rahul's problem is his head and lack of clarity of how he should bat in certain situations. The skill sets are there.

He has a bit of ABD in him in terms of talent level.

Iyer is a good batsman and an upgraded version of Rayudu but doesn't have as high a ceiling.

Edited by Majestic
On 9/17/2021 at 4:08 PM, Ankit_sharma03 said:

I know he has a short ball issue but I feel Iyer is one guy who can adapt to red ball cricket. Our cupboard is bare so maybe the likes of him and SKY will get chances when a few others retire.