Interesting convo about the Gita - Will Smith

sandeep

Chapter 1: Arjuna's hesitation

Chapter 2: Krishna explains re incarnation

Chapter 16 (?): Krishna shows his viswaroop

Even if you don't read all of the Gita, at the very least, read these three chapters. 

Bhagvad Gita, As It Is. The commentary to the Sanskrit text is absolutely incredible. 

Edited by EnterTheVoid

9 hours ago, EnterTheVoid said:

Even if you don't read all of the Gita, at the very least, read these three chapters. 

Bhagvad Gita, As It Is. The commentary to the Sanskrit text is absolutely incredible. 

Vishvaroop darshan yog is chapter 11 where Krishna shows his full form to Arjun.

If world understands Krishna, or know who Krishna is then all the religious problems of the world will finish.

Why do people read these scripture and get entangled in the literal meaning. 95% of geeta is so deep that it would take births to understand it.

Some people read and try to explain the meaning of it. Everyone has a different meaning of Geeta because it applies differently. You need to start with Sukshma geeta, and once you understand what exactly it means, for the next step you would take decades to achieve the state, by that time your birth is over.

We need to know where Mahabharat dwandva has to be applied. Who is at the center of this dwandva? Where do I/me fit in it? Krishna is with Arjun. So am I supposed to be Arjun? It frustrates me that people try to explain meaning of Geeta at a societal level while Sukshma Geeta is completely Ignored. 

Allah is Akbar.

God is Almighty.

Krishna is Viraat.

And yet peace is nowhere. Hutiye log convert karte dusro ko. As if they know who needs to be converted and to what. Duniya pagalo ka hoojum hai.

Edited by dial_100

On 9/21/2021 at 8:41 PM, EnterTheVoid said:

Sorry if I look nit-picky.

chapter 11 is Vishwaroopa sandarshana yoga.(Where Vishwaroop is shown)

chapter 16 is Daiva asura Sampad Vibhaga Yoga (Where the Daiva and Asura qualities are compared/contrasted).

While Sanjaya was still in Hastinapur, the series of events that happened on the battlefield of Kurukshetra was very clear to him (“Sanjaya’s Gift”). He saw with his eyes as if he was on the battlefield. Sanjaya saw: partisans of Dhritarashtra and the Pandavas gathered there, heard with his ears the words of Duryodhana, the fierce battle-cry of grandfather Bhishma, the mighty sound of Panchajanya proclaiming the destruction of the Kurus, and the dialogue between Krishna and Arjuna bringing out the import of the Gita (“Sanjaya’s Gift”).[5]

:hatsoff:

On 9/26/2021 at 8:45 PM, dial_100 said:

Who am I to judge. I usually dont waste my energies on Oonchi dukan, feeke pakwan (ऊंची दुकान, फीके पकवान).

Both of these people I learnt about for the very first time and not gonna waste anymore time on them.

I would say hollywood and anything on tv these days is trash. only insecure Indians (and there are a lot) wait for western approval of our own culture as an agmark seal. we need to get out of this mentality. surely we have lost a part of it due to changing times but we have to be vigilant on who is promoting it (they may be throwing a shade on it by promoting it and doing something completely opposite to what our culture says thereby leading people in the opposite direction). You don't sip a glass of milk that a snake has drunk from.

regarding self help books and speeches, watch this video. this will help those who are neck deep in it from drowning.