Umran Malik - 150 kph Indian pace sensation

Texan

4 hours ago, Adamant said:

Quite a few of them were actually talking about his bowling quality. 

Why would someone mention tampered balls in a discussion of speed then? 

Insecurity dikh jaati hai na! , the aim was to somehow keep the main discussion on pace while making sure that ball tampering and his status as a bowler is also questioned throughout the thread. 

Tampered ball was mentioned as some people claimed the wickets were because of sheer pace,  when its obvious most wickets were because of exaggerated movement which is a direct result of ball tampering 

So the tampering part came organically into the discussion 

Edited by New guy
6 hours ago, Adamant said:

I am quite sure Waqar's away record is way better than our very own Shami who according to me is one of the best fast bowlers in the world. 

Waqar was basically Shami on Steroids. 

Please do tell me in what aspect of bowling skills was Shoaib better than Waqar (except pace). 

Waqar had swing, yorkers, boucers, reverse swing in his arsenal, everything that a complete fast bowler should have. 

You are comparing Waqar with Philander and asking me to watch the players play? Lol

Sirf India aur Australia mai kharab record hone se fast bowler kharab nahi ho jata 

Take a look at Shami's average in Eng, Nz and Aus. He averages 40+ in Eng, 35+ in Nz and 30 in aus, still he is a complete pacer. 

Waqar got the opportunity to play county. Shami find dur to ipl. 

Shami plays 3 formats. Waqar only 2. 

Shoaib and shami could do everything Waqar could do. Shami can do it more consistently. 

Shoaib has all the skills In his arsenal plus the pace. 

7 hours ago, the don said:

Pehlay muhammad hasnain ki 156 kph say kerwanay wala bowler you dhoond lou. 

Phir talk about akhtar, sami, zahid, waqar lol

Ya for one ball. First play test cricket and make that louda bowl and toil hard for 30 overs in a day. Let's see what his average speed is then you blithering demented twit. 

7 hours ago, the don said:

The world rates him. He has officially clocked over 150 kph multiple times. Fastest bowler of the 90s.

Who are you? 

According to whom? Who is that world. I am omnipotent. I know it all. 

No proof to suggest he did. 

Zahid is another folklore to keep paxtani peasants like you happy. 

The moment the good old Waqar played any half decent batsmen, he got spanked around. 

6 hours ago, Adamant said:

I am quite sure Waqar's away record is way better than our very own Shami who according to me is one of the best fast bowlers in the world. 

Waqar was basically Shami on Steroids. 

Please do tell me in what aspect of bowling skills was Shoaib better than Waqar (except pace). 

Waqar had swing, yorkers, boucers, reverse swing in his arsenal, everything that a complete fast bowler should have. 

You are comparing Waqar with Philander and asking me to watch the players play? Lol

Sirf India aur Australia mai kharab record hone se fast bowler kharab nahi ho jata 

Take a look at Shami's average in Eng, Nz and Aus. He averages 40+ in Eng, 35+ in Nz and 30 in aus, still he is a complete pacer. 

Mitchell starc averaged 25 before 2017 ball tampering allegations. 

Phattu averages 35 post 2017. 45 vs India. 

55 in India. 

Same story with wack qar. He is no different. Chewt tampered with the ball. Period. 

Even factoring in the tampering, he was no better than shami or shoaib. He played vs weak batsmen. 

Post 94 when his average dipped massively was not due to him bowling slower. It was to do with the increase I quality batsmen. 

6 minutes ago, Jay said:

Mitchell starc averaged 25 before 2017 ball tampering allegations. 

Phattu averages 35 post 2017. 45 vs India. 

Wow I haven't seen more blatant distortion of statistics than this. 

Bhai, as I always say, your posts are like fantasies, tum stats ko bhi apne man ke hisaab se likhe dete ho. 

Your mind works like:

Ohh Mitchell Starc ko ghatiya prove karna hai, chalo kuch bekaar sa average usko assign kar deta hu, koi check to karega hi nahin. 

Actual Stats of Mitchell Starc post 2018 ( coz 2018 is the year when he was caught) 

Wkts 42.... average 20...... Str rate 36!! 

Wkts 12 average 20 str rate 43! 

Wkts 3 avg 90 str rate 150

Cumulative stats of these three years :

Wkts 57 avg 24 

:hysterical:

Bhai maaf karo aap hamein, now you would come up with a few more abuses for Starc and all but I know what you do. You just assign numbers to any player according to your own wish. 

28 minutes ago, Adamant said:

Bhai, as I always say, your posts are like fantasies, tum stats ko bhi apne man ke hisaab se likhe dete ho. 

Your mind works like:

Ohh Mitchell Starc ko ghatiya prove karna hai, chalo kuch bekaar sa average usko assign kar deta hu, koi check to karega hi nahin. 

Actual Stats of Mitchell Starc post 2018 ( coz 2018 is the year when he was caught) 

Wkts 57 avg 24 

Bhai maaf karo aap hamein, now you would come up with a few more abuses for Starc and all but I know what you do. You just assign numbers to any player according to your own wish. 

Stats vs top sides buddy. Do that and you shall see. 

Dont include random stats vs lanka and Bangladesh. I don't consider them test teams. Or paxtan away from home. 

I specifically said top sides. 

Waqar averages 40 and 76 vs australia and india respectively. You can say india was mediocre in 90s but they were still arch rivals rofl. So it matters. 

Getting wickets vs weak England due to county exposure etc don't mean squat. Or weak Kiwis. 

Starc averages 50 in India. 

he averages ok in australia but I guarantee you post 2018 it dropped massively. Must be high now vs India.  

He only did well vs s Africa. Guess what shami average under 23 in s.africa too. 

Edited by Jay
38 minutes ago, Adamant said:

Your mind works like:

Wkts 57 avg 24 

Starc average 

Vs england s.africa and Pakistan. 

31.  35. And  44 

Rofl. Since 2018. I made one mistake,I referred to the wrong timeframe. I said 2017. So yea. Post 2018 those were his averages vs aforementioned teams. 

Not even going to include india. 

Pre 2018 I.e pre tampering it was 

25. 22 and 30. Rofl. Yea right. 

Waqar benefited the same way. 

Omnipotent dude is always right. Kuli fans are only good at being sycophants. 

23 minutes ago, Jay said:

Starc average 

Vs england s.africa and Pakistan. 

31.  35. And  44 

Rofl. Since 2018. I made one mistake,I referred to the wrong timeframe. I said 2017. So yea. Post 2018 those were his averages vs aforementioned teams. 

Not even going to include india. 

Pre 2018 I.e pre tampering it was 

25. 22 and 30. Rofl. Yea right. 

Waqar benefited the same way. 

Omnipotent dude is always right. Kuli fans are only good at being sycophants. 

Fir vahi baat, you are again using your selective filters. 

You aren't considering his performance vs pak in Aus at all, lol, you haven't included his stats vs Nz in aus. 

So basically all you are showing are his stats vs opponents away from home? 

Even before ban he wasn't an all conditions mercenary, he was a home bully who could also perform at a satisfactory to good level away from home. 

2 minutes ago, Adamant said:

Fir vahi baat, you are again using your selective filters. 

You aren't considering his performance vs pak in Aus at all, lol, you haven't included his stats vs Nz in aus. 

So basically all you are showing are his stats vs opponents away from home? 

Even before ban he wasn't an all conditions mercenary, he was a home bully who could also perform at a satisfactory to good level away from home. 

New Zealand is close to Australia. Easier to acclimate for starc. 

Waqar was the same. Home bully plus good in England new zelnd due to weak era players and county exposure. 

13 hours ago, Jay said:

New Zealand is close to Australia. Easier to acclimate for starc. 

Waqar was the same. Home bully plus good in England new zelnd due to weak era players and county exposure. 

Being a home bully is something to be proud of considering how flat Pakistani pitches were during the 90s, cement like surfaces, waqar could get the ball to talk in the air and of the surface. What Srinath did against SA in 96 at home in the Ahmedabad test is what waqar did day in day out during his peak, he was fearsome and had the ability to take the pitch out of the equation due to his extreme pace.

1 minute ago, Mesky99 said:

Being a home bully is something to be proud of considering how flat Pakistani pitches were during the 90s, cement like surfaces, waqar could get the ball to talk in the air and of the surface. What Srinath did against SA in 96 at home in the Ahmedabad test is what waqar did day in day out during his peak, he was fearsome and had the ability to take the pitch out of the equation due to his extreme pace.

That's true. That's why Asian pacers should be rated higher than foreign ones. Always. 

Rare foreign ones that excelled in Asia are mcgrath steyn holding etc. 

Although holding and Marshall excelled vs weak players of pace. 

15 hours ago, Jay said:

According to whom? Who is that world. I am omnipotent. I know it all. 

No proof to suggest he did. 

Zahid is another folklore to keep paxtani peasants like you happy. 

The moment the good old Waqar played any half decent batsmen, he got spanked around. 

Lara said zahid was the quickest bowler he had faced, apparently zahid played in a u19 series against NZ, hit over 150kph on the speed gun quite consistently, anyway Zahid was unproven, I feel there is a lot of hype created around him without much substance, he played against SA in 2002 and was just about fast medium.

1 hour ago, Mesky99 said:

Lara said zahid was the quickest bowler he had faced, apparently zahid played in a u19 series against NZ, hit over 150kph on the speed gun quite consistently, anyway Zahid was unproven, I feel there is a lot of hype created around him without much substance, he played against SA in 2002 and was just about fast medium.

Shoaib is a real phenom. I can't say the same about waqar. 

Wasim shoaib imran bumrah shami 

These are the best bowlers from Asia. 

Wasim being number 1. 

Bumrah can get there but in terms of ability he is already there. 

Imran shami and shoaib all are excellent in their own way. 

Shoaib issue was lack of games. 

So my order for now is;

Wasim

Bumrah

Imran

Shami

Shoaib 

Waqar I don't rate that guy. I have seen him get tonked too much for my liking vs any good team. Even in odi he got thrashed by some mediocre indian players like jadeja. 

Edited by Jay
4 hours ago, Jay said:

Shoaib is a real phenom. I can't say the same about waqar. 

Wasim shoaib imran bumrah shami 

These are the best bowlers from Asia. 

Wasim being number 1. 

Bumrah can get there but in terms of ability he is already there. 

Imran shami and shoaib all are excellent in their own way. 

Shoaib issue was lack of games. 

So my order for now is;

Wasim

Bumrah

Imran

Shami

Shoaib 

Waqar I don't rate that guy. I have seen him get tonked too much for my liking vs any good team. Even in odi he got thrashed by some mediocre indian players like jadeja. 

Lol shoaib would 100% have gone for way more runs if he had played more games. He had a habit of running away or dropping himself when challenged. After first handful of matches he was regularly tonked by indians

His low average is only because he played handful at his peak, hardly played couple matches in every series, avoided flat pitches and then retired early

He is one bowler Dhoni completely pwned in tests

Heck even the likes of bhajji and balaji used to hit him for huge sixes at death 

12 hours ago, New guy said:

Lol shoaib would 100% have gone for way more runs if he had played more games. He had a habit of running away or dropping himself when challenged. After first handful of matches he was regularly tonked by indians

His low average is only because he played handful at his peak, hardly played couple matches in every series, avoided flat pitches and then retired early

Heck even the likes of bhajji and balaji used to hit him for huge sixes at death 

Shoaib was never hit around by Indian batsmen except for a couple occasions, in odis against India he dominated our batsmen, in test matches he had one bad series which was the 2006 series however those pitches were flat and the only bowlers who looked threatening were Asif and Irfan in the 3rd test. Shoaib was easily the best pacer from both sides in the 2007 series in india, by then he added a few more skills with the bowl and was deceptive with his pace and lengths.

51 minutes ago, New guy said:

He was hit around in Asia sure. That's like a deathbed for fast bowling tbf. Besides compared to Waqar, shaoib was hit around way less. He even got sacchu out several times on dead flat wickets.

I remember even in 2006 ish he troubled us a bit.