Umran Malik - 150 kph Indian pace sensation

Texan

21 minutes ago, Jay said:

162 and shoaib will commit suicide. 

Hahaha..  It will take some doing though.  If anyone currently can it's Umran.  I suspect in a downward slope venue like Eden Park Umran's speed & ball release speed could be further more. 

If India tours NZ in a couple of years maybe he will have a shot at it. 

Just now, Lone Wolf said:

Hahaha..  It will take some doing though.  If anyone currently can it's Umran.  I suspect in a downward slope venue like Eden Park Umran's speed & ball release speed could be further more. 

NZ speeds guns tend to give much lesser readings

1 minute ago, Suhaan said:

NZ speeds guns tend to give much lesser readings

Lockie clocks 150 on those as well...  I noticed he is very quicker in Eden Park.  A 151 kph yorker to Dhawan I remember. 

Depends on broadcaster as well tbh...  Kiwi broadcaster has recently changed as well. 

34 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

honestly i dont care if he breaks or not. I just want umran to succeed for india. it would be awesome if he could touch 160 but its not my main concern. I would rather see him bowl 140-150 with potent bounce. Ofcourse, without compromising his back etc in the process. 

140 - 150 with bounce is far far superior to 155 -160 with no bounce. 

32 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

Lockie clocks 150 on those as well...  I noticed he is very quicker in Eden Park.  A 151 kph yorker to Dhawan I remember. 

Depends on broadcaster as well tbh...  Kiwi broadcaster has recently changed as well. 

i reckon an aussie tour will put him up there in terms of speeds in odi. i reckon he can clock one close to 160 for sure in the near future at this rate. aussies tend to pad up their speed guns a tad. india is the opposite. we show 5-7 ks less and thats why everyone assumes they are trundlers when in reality lot of indian bowlers in domestics are quick. the lead ones. 

22 hours ago, Jay said:

i reckon an aussie tour will put him up there in terms of speeds in odi. i reckon he can clock one close to 160 for sure in the near future at this rate. aussies tend to pad up their speed guns a tad. india is the opposite. we show 5-7 ks less and thats why everyone assumes they are trundlers when in reality lot of indian bowlers in domestics are quick. the lead ones. 

Indian domestic speed gun has been out of order for some time now, the only time he worked properly was during 2018,2019 Vijay hazare and sma trophy, I agree Aussie speed guns do elevate speeds, same with the kiwi ones. Psl ones even measure fahim ashraf, Wasim junior types at 90mph lol.

On 5/2/2022 at 6:45 PM, Jay said:

Wont go as far as 5-7 k's. Thats much. However, I too believe Umar Malik will go close to 160 in the next 2-3 years time. He needs to be taken care of, very well. For me, he is the one to be preserved for test matches abroad.

7 hours ago, Rightarmfast said:

Wont go as far as 5-7 k's. Thats much. However, I too believe Umar Malik will go close to 160 in the next 2-3 years time. He needs to be taken care of, very well. For me, he is the one to be preserved for test matches abroad.

Nha serious man. 5-7 ks is more or less accurate. Bumrah was clocked at 130 -134 135 Max in ranji iirc. Wtf lol. 

Even umesh at his best clocked 135-140 when he came onto the scene. He was way quicker. There are times where it has been accurate But that happened in SmAT according to some of the posters who watch all domestic games regularly. 

8 hours ago, Jay said:

Nha serious man. 5-7 ks is more or less accurate. Bumrah was clocked at 130 -134 135 Max in ranji iirc. Wtf lol. 

Even umesh at his best clocked 135-140 when he came onto the scene. He was way quicker. There are times where it has been accurate But that happened in SmAT according to some of the posters who watch all domestic games regularly. 

it has not happened in VHT or Ranji trophy latelt, i.e., having accurate speed guns.

On 5/4/2022 at 3:16 AM, Jay said:

Remember watching Bumrah bowling in Ranji Trophy 6 or 7 years back.

Every ball was clocking 140 k to 142 k. And he looked so quick.  Was probably actually bowling upto 147 k/ 148 k that day.

(  He clocked 135 k in Ranji when coming back from injury in 2016 ).