Narine shows “impact” (2021)

zen

In a knockout game, picks up 4 wkts and in a slug fest hits 3 6s in an over to grab momentum for his team. 

Don’t need an orange capped KL, Tuk Tuk Sharma, and Kohli, give me 3 players like Narine instead. When will Indian cricketers learn how to play T20s? 

1 minute ago, zen said:

In a knockout game, picks up 4 wkts and in a slug fest hits 3 6s in an over to grab momentum for his team. 

Don’t need an orange capped KL, Tuk Tuk Sharma, and Kohli, give me 3 players like Narine instead. When will Indian cricketers learn how to play T20s? 

KL is the odd one out mate, he can be an impactful player if he chooses to be one, Rohit on the other hands needs quite a few balls before opening up and Kohli game is more suited for ODI and tests.

4 hours ago, Jay said:

He needs an indin citizenship. why can't we poch him? 

Don't think he is interested. Robin Singh is the only WI born player who settled down in India for cricket. Anshuman Rath, who represented Hong Kong, is trying a similar approach by setting up residence in Odisha. He became eligible to play for them in August '21. Hope he can showcase enough talent and skills to show up on the radar of national selectors or IPL talent scouts. 

9 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

Sunil Narine has got nothing to do with India..  Maybe hundreds of years ago his ancestors might have settled there from India.  His father named him after Sunil Gavaskar though. 

Who cares. As long as he lives in India for the required amount of years, he can be eligible for citizenship. 

Just like how many Indians settle abroad and become citizens. 

I dotn care about ancestry. He'll if that s.african kid from Mumbai is good, grant him a citizenship certificate. 

India should open doors ro foreign players imo. 

Why should england, Aussies and Kiwis be the only countries with foreign born players who have acquired citizenship? 

What I like about players like Narine:

a) Almost zero fear of failure 

b) No formulaic batting like hit a 6 then take a single. If he hits 2 6s, he is likely to go for the 3rd, and so on 

c) No such phunny concepts - I am in so I have to finish off (the phunny concepts almost guarantee that the team will put more burden on lower order batsmen) 

These are the type of players that can win you tournaments … 

On 10/12/2021 at 6:07 PM, Jay said:

Honestly he is a good player but his bowling looks so harmless rofl. How are players struggling. It's not like he chucks like chuckmal either. 

Maybe he is a lot better than what is projected here. 

Variety - very crucial int20 

Evolution - constantly evolving his game 

Experience - to use them well 

On 10/12/2021 at 6:03 PM, adi B said:

Narine plays freely with a clear mind and thought process which is a must in t20s .

Indian players are too methodical ,technical ,hardly any X factor or entertaining elements. 

No wonder we are an average t20 side 

Coz he is a pinch hitter, they cant n shudnt think like a batsman. A batsman thinks of innings construction and method. 

His batting xample shudnt be even taken coz he is just a pinch hitter. Their are better batting xamples in t20 like raina at his peak.