PM Narendra Modi increased the value of Indian passports abroad: Union Home Minister Amit Shah

Trichromatic

The Union minister said Prime Minister Narendra Modi was responsible for enhancing the value of the Indian passport. “Now when you show the Indian passport, foreign officials smile and ask if you have come from the country of Modi… Modi has done this job of enhancing the value of the Indian passport. Atal-ji left

https://indianexpress.com/article/cities/goa/amit-shah-goa-manmohan-singh-7572419/

The 'strength' of the Indian passport has weakened in the last decade, according to the Henley Passport Index for 2021. 

India's latest rank is its lowest since 2011. Between 2011 and 2021, India's best ranking was in 2013 when in stood 74th among 199 countries. The chart depicts India's ranking over the past 10 years.

https://www.thehindu.com/data/indians-can-travel-visa-free-to-only-58-countries/article37139121.ece

16 hours ago, Trichromatic said:

According to that ranking, the Portuguese and Korean passports are “ more valuable “ than the US passport.

Shows what a joke this ranking is. The number of people queuing up to apply for US citizenship is more than the top 5 countries combined. 

But I get it. You are a compulsive Modi hater. 

8 minutes ago, rangeelaraja said:

According to that ranking, the Portuguese and Korean passports are “ more valuable “ than the US passport.

Shows what a joke this ranking is. The number of people queuing up to apply for US citizenship is more than the top 5 countries combined. 

No let them rejoice in their false bravado, Hum behtareen log hain , jo apna tabahi ka jashn manate hain

Just now, coffee_rules said:

No let them rejoice in their false bravado, Hum behtareen log hain , jo apna tabahi ka jashn manate hain

Who is “them “   

And where is “apni tabahi” happening ? 

Seems you are living in a parallel world. 

For a nation with our population density in the 15-20 major metros to have succeeded in winning the battle against Covid and administrating over 1 billion vaccine doses is worth admiring and appreciating for governance.

But compulsive haters have a confirmation bias and it’s pointless to reason with them. 

2 minutes ago, rangeelaraja said:

Who is “them “   

For a nation with our population density in the 15-20 major metros to have succeeded in winning the battle against Covid and administrating over 1 billion vaccine doses is worth admiring and appreciating for governance.

But compulsive haters have a confirmation bias and it’s pointless to reason with them. 

It was in response to OP and your response. Figure it out, Einstein!

44 minutes ago, rangeelaraja said:

Who is “them “   

But compulsive haters have a confirmation bias and it’s pointless to reason with them

We are talking of the same “them” highlighted above

2 hours ago, rangeelaraja said:

This is just one of the indicator that there might not be any change for Indian passport.

When Pakistan were ranked #1 in 2016 in test cricket, people could claim that other teams were better, but those rankings couldn't be discredited to indicate that Zimbabwe remained a poor test team when compared to 2014 and 2015 performances.

Can you cite your data to back up claims of Modi and Shah?

Let's see what you're able to churn out with your Modi love.

15 minutes ago, Trichromatic said:

This is just one of the indicator that there might not be any change for Indian passport.

When Pakistan were ranked #1 in 2016 in test cricket, people could claim that other teams were better, but those rankings couldn't be discredited to indicate that Zimbabwe remained a poor test team when compared to 2014 and 2015 performances.

I do not care about a single party be it BJP or any individuals.  I care about India and whats best for India. If INC were to stop practicing naked pseudo secularism and dumping the Gandhi family, I would probably support them.

Our infrastructure and road construction has been at a record pace. I do not know whether you visit India or not - but quality of expressways and the pace of construction has never been better.

It may not matter to you, but it took an 80 % Hindu Majority country over 500 years to start the foundation of the divine Ram Temple - our supreme diety before the present political dispensation forced it. No other country would allow this non-sense to go on for 500 years in the name of bloody secularism. 

The stock market  and Foreign investments that reflect faith in governance are leading indicators of the economy.

India's Forex reserves have grown leaps and bounds to nearly $650B from less than $300B in 2014.

Sensex has gone from 20000 to 60000.

The start up scene has exploded making us among the top 3 in the world - over the last 7 years..and we are yet to hit our best phase.

Could all this have happened without good governance ?

I have family in the bureaucracy so I can tell you first hand - before the Modi govt, IAS officers loved a central govt role in and around Delhi, now they don't want a Delhi posting anymore because of the rigid accountability that is asked of them.

I can write 10 pages on the Foreign Policy wins  and structural reforms made by the Modi gov that have been huge wins for India's long term future.

Since you are the one spouting despise for Modi/Shah, the burden of proof now is on you.

27 minutes ago, rangeelaraja said:

I do not care about a single party be it BJP or any individuals.  I care about India and whats best for India. If INC were to stop practicing naked pseudo secularism and dumping the Gandhi family, I would probably support them.

Our infrastructure and road construction has been at a record pace. I do not know whether you visit India or not - but quality of expressways and the pace of construction has never been better.

It may not matter to you, but it took an 80 % Hindu Majority country over 500 years to start the foundation of the divine Ram Temple - our supreme diety before the present political dispensation forced it. No other country would allow this non-sense to go on for 500 years in the name of bloody secularism. 

The stock market  and Foreign investments that reflect faith in governance are leading indicators of the economy.

India's Forex reserves have grown leaps and bounds to nearly $650B from less than $300B in 2014.

Sensex has gone from 20000 to 60000.

The start up scene has exploded making us among the top 3 in the world - over the last 7 years..and we are yet to hit our best phase.

Could all this have happened without good governance ?

I have family in the bureaucracy so I can tell you first hand - before the Modi govt, IAS officers loved a central govt role in and around Delhi, now they don't want a Delhi posting anymore because of the rigid accountability that is asked of them.

I can write 10 pages on the Foreign Policy wins  and structural reforms made by the Modi gov that have been huge wins for India's long term future.

Since you are the one spouting despise for Modi/Shah, the burden of proof now is on you.

Please post anything other than unrelated content.

Question was can you post your data to back up claim of Shah? If you don't have anything to say on the topic, then please don't waste your time.

24 minutes ago, Trichromatic said:

Please post anything other than unrelated content.

Question was can you post your data to back up claim of Shah? If you don't have anything to say on the topic, then please don't waste your time.

Please point me to what I claimed for Shah in particular, or was it just a figment of your imagination. You first said “ Modi love “ above  to me and then changed to “ back your your claim of shah “.

Stop talking in the air. 

You neither have facts nor do  you furnish any reference. 

Do some work on your own if you are making claims either way, don’t push the burden of proof on others. 

Edited by rangeelaraja

15 minutes ago, rangeelaraja said:

Please point me to what I claimed for Shah in particular, or was it just a figment of your imagination. You first said “ Modi love “ above  to me and then changed to “ back your your claim of shah “.

Stop talking in the air. 

You neither have facts nor do  you furnish any reference. 

Do some work on your own if you are making claims either way, don’t push the burden of proof on others. 

I have already replied to your first post in thread and then asked a question.

It's the Shah who made the claim. If you don't have anything in favor or against that claim, then please don't waste time by posting random off topic comments.

15 minutes ago, Trichromatic said:

I have already replied to your first post in thread and then asked a question.

It's the Shah who made the claim. If you don't have anything in favor or against that claim, then please don't waste time by posting random off topic comments.

I too have already answered your question on passport , before you jumped to "Modi love" and then back to Shah.

What Amit Shah meant with increased value of passport was a figure of speech which meant - reputation of India/Indians traveling abroad. 

Does it have to be tied to some "Henley"  index  unless you have issues with  confirmation bias ( and you can look it up if you don't know it is ) , you only try to understand what you have made up your mind to understand. 

Did you even consider that the terrible covid situation in India once upon a time influenced the travel/visa policy ? You just made up your mind based on a headline or without even trying to understand the context of the statement.

I am an NRI, maybe you are or you are not an NRI.  I can say with 100 % certitude, when I  or other Indians return back after every India trip and foreign officials are super friendly and immigration is a breeze.  

1 minute ago, rangeelaraja said:

I too have already answered your question on passport , before you jumped to "Modi love" and then back to Shah.

What Amit Shah meant with increased value of passport was a figure of speech which meant - reputation of India/Indians traveling abroad. 

Does it have to be tied to some "Henley"  index  unless you have issues with  confirmation bias ( and you can look it up if you don't know it is ) , you only try to understand what you have made up your mind to understand. 

Did you even consider that the terrible covid situation in India once upon a time influenced the travel/visa policy ? You just made up your mind based on a headline or without even trying to understand the context of the statement.

I am an NRI, maybe you are or you are not an NRI.  I can say with 100 % certitude, when I  or other Indians return back after every India trip and foreign officials are super friendly and immigration is a breeze.  

Are you saying that you were treated worse earlier? What happened, can you share some details.

18 minutes ago, Trichromatic said:

Are you saying that you were treated worse earlier? What happened, can you share some details.

https://www.jagranjosh.com/general-knowledge/narendra-modi-award-list-1561801667-1

More than half the countries above are middle east countries that have a very large Indian blue collar workforce.

https://www.thehindu.com/news/national/pm-modi-to-receive-global-energy-and-environment-leadership-award/article33946977.ece

https://www.republicworld.com/india-news/general-news/as-us-confers-legion-of-merit-on-narendra-modi-ministers-hail-pms-dynamic-leadership.html

I cannot spoon feed, when you don't care to understand context or meaning of speech.

Count the number of countries who have awarded Shri Modi Ji, their highest civilian awards or highest  global honors and ------ compare it with all the other Indian PMs combined. 

And then tie that back to what Amit Shah said and what you quoted in your OP. Unless you think immigration officials are foolish and unaware of worldly news or all these countries and institutions are BS, you would get the drift.

If not, I am sorry, I cannot help you. My last comment on this thread.

Edited by rangeelaraja

2 hours ago, Trichromatic said:

I think I agree with @rangeelaraja on all of the development indicators he mentioned. If it was any other poster, I wouldnt bother responding but calling Modi/Shah pappu shows you have completely misunderstood india's foreign affairs and development indicators. I promise you, even if you elaborate the purpose of this ranking and the measure used for ranking countries, I would let go.

I dont think you have read the criteria used or method applied for this ranking.