Forget winning, this team is not good enough to even compete

32 minutes ago, ravishingravi said:

I would say in terms of talent it is still up there with very best. But international cricket in about mindset over talent. If you are not switched on, especially in big competitions it’s over pretty quickly. 

talent is up with the rest in tests (and that too, mostly thanks to bowling). In ODIs and T20s, we lack: power-hitting middle-order players (like Buttler, Maxwell); genuine wicket-taking spinners (Santner, Sodhi, Rashid, and so on have outperformed us); and red-hot pace bowlers (Bumrah is the only one who can crank it regularly above 145).

And yes, I know we have Bishnoi, Umran Malik, etc. but they are all mostly unproven. Among the players who have been blooded and are playing regularly, I do not see as much talent as has been claimed.

Enjoyed this so much, in a sadistic way.

Kohli is a great batsman but a classified delinquent, can not believe this guy is the captain.

I missed most of Ind v Eng Test after his stupidity in WTC final.

But agree with OP, last 10 years India is not a good enough limited overs team. The lack of big hitters has been evident for long time.

Likes of Rohit, Kohli, Dhawan and Rahul are just not big hitters and three of them get exposed badly on Dubai's big boundaries.

India team in limited overs is below par quality...which is embarassing considering how many countries play.

To finish off, Rohit and Kohli are average limited overs players...who buckle under pressure.