Should Risabh Pant be captain instead of Rohit?

badmash

2 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

Pakistan'st true aukat will be shown when the average score of the world cup is over 180. Enjoy while it lasts.

The next T20 WC is definitely not theirs given the conditions in Aus. These guys have never traditionally escaped spanking in the Aussie land. :giggle:

7 hours ago, QuarantineTormentino said:

Yeah OP had a very good point but completely diluted it with that part lol, and makes it hard to take them seriously

I am just stating facts, if losing by 10 wickets is not a brutal spanking which should bring a change in captaincy...i don't know what is

losing by 10 wickets is like the team didn't even show up at the ground lolll

31 minutes ago, badmash said:

I am just stating facts, if losing by 10 wickets is not a brutal spanking which should bring a change in captaincy...i don't know what is

losing by 10 wickets is like the team didn't even show up at the ground lolll

If any team makes changes based on a single t20 match, they are dumb as rocks. 

I don't think indian team and players lives revolve around pakistan. While on the other side many pakistani pkayers career have been made or broken based solely on performance agsinst india 

For example pakistanis still harp about one last ball 6 against a full toss, amir is only remembered because he bowled well against india, Junaid, etc all became hero only based on performances against india

Meanwhile when indians perform against pakistan, no one cares or considers it special 

Nopes, too early for him. Just 11 months ago, he was not even playing LOIs in Australia and since then he's had two LOI series - vs Eng and T20 WC.

Needs to first understand his role and rediscover his mojo as the fearless aggressive hard hitting LO batsman he earlier was before the incumbent TM forced him to change his game.

2 hours ago, Try_Ball said:

Pant should barely make the team with the way he's playing.

Ishan Kishan or Samson could overtake pant if he doesn't sort this game out soon , let alone the captaincy

Yeah, played only 3 innings 

30 ball 39 against Pak

27 ball 13 against Afghan

But yeah, he is the problem and wont get a game over someone like Samson who avwrages 10 in international 

7 minutes ago, New guy said:

Yeah, played only 3 innings 

30 ball 39 against Pak

27 ball 13 against Afghan

But yeah, he is the problem and wont get a game over someone like Samson who avwrages 10 in international 

Precisely the point.

Those number's aren't there to maintain his status quo.  Not mentioning his poor keeping.

I don't see a reason to not have Ishan Kishan over him 

6 minutes ago, Try_Ball said:

Precisely the point.

Those number's aren't there to maintain his status quo.  Not mentioning his poor keeping.

I don't see a reason to not have Ishan Kishan over him 

Lmao pant has been one of the best keeepra this series. Every keeper, including dhoni has one or two odd misses. England and NZ keepers are averaging 1-2 misses everry second match. Pant has one miss this series and has been outstanding in all recent series.  Even rizwan, arguably the best keeper has had 1 or 2 misses. Pant has the least byes given as well

If you imagine ishan or samson are better keeper than pant, i will laugh at your face. Pabt hss inporvrd like anything and is one of the best keepers around. He out keeped paine in aus series and england keeper in both  home and away test series

And how is almost 200 strike rate innings or a 30 ball 39 innins when he cane st 3 down for nothing, status quo?

People say anything 

Edited by New guy
15 minutes ago, New guy said:

Lmao pant has been one of the best keeepra this series. Every keeper, including dhoni has one or two odd misses. England and NZ keepers are averaging 1-2 misses everry second match. Pant has one miss this series and has been outstanding in all recent series.  Even rizwan, arguably the best keeper has had 1 or 2 misses. Pant has the least byes given as well

If you imagine ishan or samson are better keeper than pant, i will laugh at your face. Pabt hss inporvrd like anything and is one of the best keepers around. He out keeped paine in aus series and england keeper in both  home and away test series

And how is almost 200 strike rate innings or a 30 ball 39 innins when he cane st 3 down for nothing, status quo?

People say anything 

You can laugh all you want, how does that make a difference?  You can laugh on my face, on my back, on my left side or the right if you'd prefer. 

Pant is quite a poor keeper and nothing stellar as a batsman. I'd rather have him sit out and sort his game before continuing to persist with him . Don't need another pandya in the making. 

Ever since the Australia series, he's been pretty poor and has done nothing special. I rather give others a chance. 

I did hit a nerve for you but like you said yourself Rizwan is better than Pant and Pant isn't catching to Rizwan with the bat, I rather try someone else 

Edited by Try_Ball
12 minutes ago, Try_Ball said:

You can laugh all you want, how does that make a difference?  You can laugh on my face, on my back, on my left side or the right if you'd prefer. 

Pant is quite a poor keeper and nothing stellar as a batsman. I'd rather have him sit out and sort his game before continuing to persist with him . Don't need another pandya in the making. 

Ever since the Australia series, he's been pretty poor and has done nothing special. I rather give others a chance. 

I did hit a nerve for you but like you said yourself Rizwan is better than Pant and Pant isn't catching to Rizwan with the bat, I rather try someone else 

Pant is a poor keeper because you really want him to he. Even though stats and facts show he is one of the best keepers around

Dude pant just scored an amazing match winning test 100 in the england home series. He has a 100 in england and Australia each  when even legends like dravid, sehwag, laxman havs 1 or 0 100 there in their entire career. Dhoni has none. 

So your solution to being like rizwan is samson and ishan?

The only person whose nerve has been touched is the person now straight up lying, about him being a poor keeper despite stats showing opposite. About him not doing anything after Aus series, etc

P.S. From the iyer support can also see why this nerve was touched. Tamilian right?

Edited by New guy
Just now, New guy said:

Pant is a poor keeper because you really want him to he. Even though stats and facts show he is one of the best keepers around

Dude pant just scored an amazing match winning test 100 in the england home series. He has a 100 in england and Australia each  when even legends like dravid, sehwag, laxman havs 1 or 0 100 there in their entire career. Dhoni has none. 

The only person whose nerve has been touched is the person now straight up lying, about him being a poor keeper despite stats showing opposite. About him not doing anything after Aus series, etc

You're emotional response to pants value isn't my concern now, is it? 

I rate him as a pretty average keeper but a poor batsman for sure. 

How many innings did he have against England in England and how did he perform there?  He was tad average in IPL as well and did nothing stellar. 

Definitely I think Ishan could be more like Rizwan. If pant can sort his game out then great, if not not sure about Samson but I'd take Ishan a longer leash over pant 

10 minutes ago, New guy said:

P.S. From the iyer support can also see why this nerve was touched. Tamilian right?

What's up with some folks here about caste /culture / ethnicity?  Is this some sort of trend in india where someone's opinion might differ from you and some sort of inner rage triggers and it can only be explained why somone might disagree with yoy because it's religious, cultural, political, social bias in there? 

Its funny to see how you cannot digest that your opinion might not be universally accepted by all and there has to be a much deeper conspiracy and underlying psychological and cultural explanation for it? 

I find pant as an average keeper and a pretty poor batsman. Now let's see how you handle your day based on someone violating your supreme opinion on the web 

Edited by Try_Ball
Just now, Try_Ball said:

You're emotional response to pants value isn't my concern now, is it? 

I rate him as a pretty average keeper but a poor batsman for sure. 

How many innings did he have against England in England and how did he perform there?  He was tad average in IPL as well and did nothing stellar. 

Definitely I think Ishan could be more like Rizwan. If pant can sort his game out then great, if not not sure about Samson but I'd take Ishan a longer leash over pant 

Yeah the person showing stats is the emptional reponse and not one straight up lying and making stuff up. Projection!

Dude even legends like kohli, sachin dravid, laxman,  rohit, sehwag, gambhir  have struggled odd series in england. Thats your benchmark for a keeper batsman? He scored a 100+ there, no other indian keeper has scored a 100 in england in indian history

He has been dominating IPL for a long time, one or two average IPLs doesnt take away from his consistency, even then he was in top 10 run scores in IPL ahead of rohit, kohli and even Ishan whom you seem to be advocating, pant scored 419 runs to ishans 241

5 minutes ago, Try_Ball said:

What's up with some folks here about caste /culture / ethnicity?  Is this some sort of explanation in india where someone's opinion might differ from you and some sort of inner rage triggers on and it can only be explained why somone might disagree with yoy because it's religious, cultural, political, social bias in there? 

Now thats hitting a nerve. Come on dude, admit it, pant replacing Iyer as delhi captain is whats the issue here

There is difference of opinion and then there is straight up lying and making stuff up. In my experince the later usually stems from an agenda 

Edited by New guy
Just now, New guy said:

Now thats hitting a nerve. Come on dude, admit it, pant replacing Iyer as delhi captain is whats the issue here

Couldn't care less. How does that make Pant a better keeper or batsman. He's still quite poor. Iyer could get kicked out for all I care. 

I'm not attached to any Indian state political party, temple, neighbourhood,  Bollywood hero etc... You get the point. 

Pant still remains a poor batsman and an average keeper at best Imo