U19 World Cup Discussion

nsareen

9 hours ago, neel roy said:

Can Vicky O be the next Ravi J for us. 

I am always amazed at the supply of these left arm spinners at U19 level for India in every edition. They seem unplayable at this level & then disappear into humdrums of domestic cricket.

I am most excited about Bawa after watching yesterday's match, if he is a capable batsman he is someone to watch out for in future, proper seam bowling all rounder 

2 minutes ago, SK_IH said:

I am always amazed at the supply of these left arm spinners at U19 level for India in every edition. They seem unplayable at this level & then disappear into humdrums of domestic cricket.

I am most excited about Bawa after watching yesterday's match, if he is a capable batsman he is someone to watch out for in future, proper seam bowling all rounder 

He is a batsman but bowling is below par.

1 hour ago, The Realist said:

Similar to football, u19 level is a poor guide as to who will transition to full international level. History shows very few make it.

"Most Under-19 World Cup players fail to make a mark in senior cricket"

https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/class-of-2020-a-look-at-the-players-from-the-last-under-19-world-cup-who-are-making-a-mark-1296725

In our current national teams - Rohit, Kohli, Dhawan, Rahul, Mayank, Gill, Shaw, Shreyas Iyer, Vihari, Pant, Kishan, Jadeja, Ishant, Axar all stepped up after playing u-19 for India. Not a bad list 

36 minutes ago, Mesky99 said:

Lack of pace in this India team bar rajwardhan is a issue, Vijay Kumar, vasu bats are probably as quick as hangarekar if not quicker, not sure how Ravi Kumar has been picked ahead of the rest, one inside out shot which tambe played against boast was just insane.

Ayush Thakur aa well. Ravi Kumar got ahead because he can bowl left arm trundle.

Wonder how the bowling would have looked if Salaudeen was with the squad, he was probably quicker than hangargekar & Vasu.. but stress fracture ruled him out..

Vasu vats seems to be fit but the management has not given him a single practice game.. hopefully he plays in the next two games, will give the seam bowling a bit more teeth..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7 minutes ago, nsareen said:

Wonder how the bowling would have looked if Salaudeen was with the squad, he was probably quicker than hangargekar & Vasu.. but stress fracture ruled him out..

Vasu vats seems to be fit but the management has not given him a single practice game.. hopefully he plays in the next two games, will give the seam bowling a bit more teeth..

Don't think Salaudeen is quicker than Hangargekar but still quite quick along with Vasu and Ayush. These four could form a pace quartet. Instead they picked trundlers in Ravi Kumar and Garv Sangwan.

1 hour ago, rkt.india said:

Ayush Thakur aa well. Ravi Kumar got ahead because he can bowl left arm trundle.

Bawa to is nothing special tbh, yhh he can bat a bit but has had no great contribution with the bat of late, Danush gowda to is clearly better than Kumar, flawed selection, to many all-rounders.

1 hour ago, sarchasm said:

I was certain that Bihar's Rahul Kumar would make the cut but of course he didn't coming from the ''wrong'' state.

His bowling in SMAT last year was 2 levels above anything I have seen from these boys including Vasu Vats and Hangargekar. I think he's only 18 still so by no means over age.

Rahul didn't do well in Vinoo Mankad.

Bawa has been very consistent and almost has delivered in all matches in crunch situations ( breakthroughs & handy knocks). Bowling wise he has an action of hit the deck bowler, not bad at all for somebody his age and who can bat too..

one thing i’m very keenly looking at is the natural built & physique of Indians vs other players.

As per my observation until now , almost all the non asian countries have kids strongly built naturally compared to indians. even though this batch has very fit indian guys, but the natural physique gives a bit of an advantage in terms of hard hitting, quick bowling & the difference starts to get visible from

U19 level itself.. One reason for the disparity maybe because quite a few indians are 16-18 years age and a few who have crossed 19 like hangargekar, ostwal etc..

However i’ve noticed even players from asia like Bangladesh has surprised me, the players have a decent physique and looked strongly built..