The Indian Pace Bowling Pool need more Bounce Bowlers ... We suffered in South Africa because we could not use bounce as a weapon against ther top 6 batters

28 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Still much better than us.  Australia is winning almost everything. And in the best years for these countries in the last 50 years, they have been dangerous. 

Only aus not SA or England. 

I would sayvon flat pitches we are number 2 ? Would you say that till 2022 atleast? Number 1/2

Now? Not sure. 3?

7 minutes ago, harpicP said:

Only aus not SA or England. 

I would sayvon flat pitches we are number 2 ? Would you say that till 2022 atleast? Number 1/2

Now? Not sure. 3?

We were quite good on flat pitches in the 2018 to 2021 period. When Bumrah and Shami were fiery and accurate. And Ishant / Siraj provided support. 

England is rarely in contention in flat pitches, with their array of swing bowlers. 

30 minutes ago, express bowling said:

We were quite good on flat pitches in the 2018 to 2021 period. When Bumrah and Shami were fiery and accurate. And Ishant / Siraj provided support. 

England is rarely in contention in flat pitches, with their array of swing bowlers. 

So we are number 1 till 2022 and then number 2 now? 

Posted (edited)

We saw vintage Bumrah in the first session today. Enforcer Bumrah after quite a while. 

Got 5 wickets in the session even though the movement had died down due to usage of heavy roller and the other 3 pacers looked innocuous.

He hit the deck hard at near full pace and hit the right areas for this pitch. Got steep bounce from time to time.

Gets a 6 fer even though the ball wasn't moving much. Top effort. 

Very happy and I want to see more of this from now on.

Edited by express bowling
1 minute ago, express bowling said:

We saw vintage Bumrah in the first session today. Enforcer Bumrah.

Got 5 wickets in the session even though the movement had died down due to usage of heavy roller and the other 3 pacers looked innocuous.

He hit the deck hard at near full pace and hit the right areas for this pitch. 

Getting a 6 fer even though the ball wasn't moving much. Top effort. 

Very happy and I want to see more of this from now. 

I thought he 'became a swing bowler' after last injury and no longer the 'old Bumrah as we know'

:hysterical:

Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, Jaydev_Unadkat said:

I thought he 'became a swing bowler' after last injury and no longer the 'old Bumrah as we know'

:hysterical:

After returning from his 2nd back injury in late 2023, on more occasions than not, Bumrah is trying to swing the ball.

Is it even debatable !!

Edited by express bowling
4 hours ago, express bowling said:

After returning from his 2nd back injury in late 2023, on more occasions than not, Bumrah is trying to swing the ball.

Is it even debatable !!

Plus he has developed that in-swinger to LH batters which makes him rely more on swing. His pace is also reduced v.few balls in 145+kmph and think nearly 0 balls in 150 kmph. He use to bowl few in 150s when he Ind was looking for wkts.

Similar to how off-spinners used cut down on the amount of off-spin once they got the dusra perfected for themselves.

1 hour ago, tapandrun said:

Plus he has developed that in-swinger to LH batters which makes him rely more on swing. His pace is also reduced v.few balls in 145+kmph and think nearly 0 balls in 150 kmph. He use to bowl few in 150s when he Ind was looking for wkts.

Similar to how off-spinners used cut down on the amount of off-spin once they got the dusra perfected for themselves.

he has certainly lost a bit of pace and zip. but his bowling intelligence and variety is still allowing him to do well so far

9 minutes ago, tapandrun said:

The only issue which others mentioned as well, will this approach make Bhumrah a condition dependent bowler.

yes, to an extent. he is 30 after all. will do well for another 2-3 years thanks to his excellent skill set & intelligence, and will then fall off

10 hours ago, express bowling said:

We saw vintage Bumrah in the first session today. Enforcer Bumrah after quite a while. 

He hit the deck hard at near full pace and hit the right areas for this pitch. Got steep bounce from time to time.

This bumrah who hits the deck hard at length is unplayable. Better than Cummins even. When he tries only for swing then he becomes less potent. 

3 hours ago, harpicP said:

This bumrah who hits the deck hard at length is unplayable. Better than Cummins even. When he tries only for swing then he becomes less potent. 

But we need someone more to be ready

Bumrah may have done this for series being on line(nice to see him putting utmost priority and effort to level it for India)

Prasidh was so disappointing just needed to find that length but behaved like a sissy rabbit on a pacers haven

1 hour ago, Suhaan said:

But we need someone more to be ready

Bumrah may have done this for series being on line(nice to see him putting utmost priority and effort to level it for India)

Prasidh was so disappointing just needed to find that length but behaved like a sissy rabbit on a pacers haven

Yes I am perplexed by prasidh. Never expected that. Guess not everyone can make it.

On 1/14/2022 at 7:36 PM, neel roy said:

Prasidh is the only one coming to my mind. Even in the odis in india he was getting bounce and though was getting mauled. He is a bit mentally fragile but needs to be supported. He can bowl tirelessly thats an advantage 

Mental weakness and probably he is physically weak too- that is the only issue with Prasidh.

he can bowl 136 to 145K

he gets good bounce.

his full balls are a little floaty and slow- he has to improve on that.

he can bowl some unplayable chest-rising balls - which we call chest-rising JAFFAs (chest-rising unplayable balls).

I feel Kuldeep Sen and maybe Avesh Khan are mentally tough and physically stronger and they can deliver - though on skills and height Prasidh has an edge on both of them. but maybe these 2 guys are stronger.

I fail to understand where UMRAAN Khan is and what our coaches are doing to get him to play for India.  I saw some JAFFAs bowled by him. When he was in the news, the entire world was talking about a genuine fast bowler in India.

On 1/4/2024 at 4:04 PM, express bowling said:

i just saw the highlights and i felt that I really missed - I should have seen his bowling in African tests. 

17 minutes ago, vishalvirsingh said:

Mental weakness and probably he is physically weak too- that is the only issue with Prasidh.

he can bowl 136 to 145K

he gets good bounce.

his full balls are a little floaty and slow- he has to improve on that.

he can bowl some unplayable chest-rising balls - which we call chest-rising JAFFAs (chest-rising unplayable balls).

I feel Kuldeep Sen and maybe Avesh Khan are mentally tough and physically stronger and they can deliver - though on skills and height Prasidh has an edge on both of them. but maybe these 2 guys are stronger.

I fail to understand where UMRAAN Khan is and what our coaches are doing to get him to play for India.  I saw some JAFFAs bowled by him. When he was in the news, the entire world was talking about a genuine fast bowler in India.

Sen is loosing time fast now...he is already 27 and from last one year when he was in form of his life has been not able to play anywhere. His performance in 2022 VHT was absolutely sensational. On top of that he switched to Tamil Nadu who don't even appreciate their own quicks, how could they push someone outside...not sure if injury is a case though.

If he doesn't make up by this year end, I guess we can consider that he is lost case as well. 

18 hours ago, neel roy said:

Biggest loss to me was navdeep saini. Tall fast broad shoulders.. tailor made fast bowler. Never made use of his attributes. Bowled short after short 

Looks dont really matter

Or else, Pankaj Singh and Ranadeb Bose would have been devastating 

Likes of Saini and Prasidh are below average bowers who already over achieved by representing India

Edited by Jaydev_Unadkat