Share your favorite Lata Mangeshkar songs

coffee_rules

I have thinking recently that aye mere watan ke logon gives more feeling and goosebumps then Jana Gana Mana, does anyone else feel this way, or is it just me? Should this be the National anthem? I mean I doubt it will, but it gives more emotion for me personally.

1 hour ago, I6MTW said:

I have thinking recently that aye mere watan ke logon gives more feeling and goosebumps then Jana Gana Mana, does anyone else feel this way, or is it just me? Should this be the National anthem? I mean I doubt it will, but it gives more emotion for me personally.

No, etymology of shaheed is in an Islamic context and not Indian ethos. Blame it on Bollywood song writers for that normalization.

In our ethos, it is called Veergati , not the same. .

National anthem is fine , I feel enough pride when I sing it, but I’d prefer Vande Mataram. Has me in tears whenever I hear it.

I like the fact that a Christian funeral song  - Abide with me - used by our armed forces because MaGa liked it, Is replaced by Ae Mere watan ke logon. This song by Lata is time immemorial 

Edited by coffee_rules

12 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

No, etymology of shaheed is in an Islamic context and not Indian ethos. Blame it on Bollywood song writers for that normalization.

In our ethos, it is called Veergati , not the same. .

National anthem is fine , I feel enough pride when I sing it, but I’d prefer Vande Mataram. Has me in tears whenever I hear it.

I like the fact that a Christian funeral song  - Abode with me - used by our armed forces because MaGa liked it, Is replaced by Ae Mere watan ke logon. This song by Lata is time immemorial 

I agree, but in this context, shaheed is referring to a martyr, and qurbani as sacrifice. Both are used in the context of war. The etymology of the words are islamic, but the context here is the Sino-Indian War. 

Other alternative words could've been used as a replacement but would it have gone with the flow, essence and power of the rest of the song, one can only guess.