Women's ODI World Cup 2022

12 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

Mithali raja 9.1 overs 33 runs.  RRR 5.2  She was going at 3.6

Everyone else as well. Collective failure. I know Mithali has been extra slow in last three years but she is still our 2nd best and most consistent batsman. She is more of a Dhoni(minus power) than Kohli.

Edited by Chakdephatte
3 hours ago, test fan said:

Mithali raj and kaur are liability for Indian women cricket team .has kaur play any match winning innings after 171 in kast world cup ?? 

In men's cricket, there are many with the ability to hit, many can replace Pandya. But in women's cricket, there are not many. Harmanpreet had an average six length of 82 m in last World T20 when others were hitting 67 m sixes on average. Don't compare with men, here such ability is rare.

Edited by Chakdephatte

This Amelia Kerr is such a gun all round cricketer for NZ.  Her impact is almost like prime Ellyse Perry. 

Aus/NZ/WI are top three SF most likely.   England India game could be a potential KO.  I think if they make it to SF somehow would be a achievement for them.   They both lack skill & athleticism to compete & SENA+ WI.   They have to rely on individual brilliance & natural flair to upset these sides.  Technically a lot has to go your way. 

5 hours ago, Chakdephatte said:

Everyone else as well. Collective failure. I know Mithali has been extra slow in last three years but she is still our 2nd best and most consistent batsman. She is more of a Dhoni(minus power) than Kohli.

I don't disagree she has been our lynchpin for years. She is not even Dhoni now. When you grow old your reflex timing will take a hit.  In 6 or 7 months she will be 40 years old.  I know female cricketers play longer as it was harder to find youngsters. Even NZ has so many 30 plus some even  one or two 35 plus. But it is not the case anymore. Lot of talented new players are not playing. So Atleast in shorter format she should call it quits. 

1 hour ago, Lone Wolf said:

This Amelia Kerr is such a gun all round cricketer for NZ.  Her impact is almost like prime Ellyse Perry. 

Aus/NZ/WI are top three SF most likely.   England India game could be a potential KO.  I think if they make it to SF somehow would be a achievement for them.   They both lack skill & athleticism to compete & SENA+ WI.   They have to rely on individual brilliance & natural flair to upset these sides.  Technically a lot has to go your way. 

There is a wide gulf between India and this NZ especially in these conditions.

6 hours ago, nitinbwj said:

Now I understand why not much tv time was given to Indian Women Cricket. It's waste of time and money. 

Pointless really...  Thailand beat Pakistan & Bangladesh in qualifiers but they still are not playing WC.  Even ICC doesn't gives a damn.  Women's cricket has no future in the long term.  

2 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

There is a wide gulf between India and this NZ especially in these conditions.

SA whitewashed this same team in India 5-0 too last year.  The gulf is so wide that it isn't even funny. 

We don't have players in the class of Kerr,  Wolvadaart Nat Sciver or Tahlia McGrath.  These young players are class apart from likes of Shefali Yastika Rodrigues. 

Playing Mithali Harman Goswami is majboori. 

1 minute ago, Lone Wolf said:

SA whitewashed this same team in India 5-0 too last year.  The gulf is so wide that it isn't even funny. 

We don't have players in the class of Kerr,  Wolvadaart Nat Sciver or Tahlia McGrath.  These young players are class apart from likes of Shefali Yastika Rodrigues. 

Playing Mithali Harman Goswami is majboori. 

NZ has a great pace attack. They are relentless. Since they are tall they extract bounce. One ball bounce so high that it would even over head of Marco Jansen. This Yastika looks distinctly uncomfortable facing sharp rising deliveries at decent clip. 72 mph is a good speed. THen their malinga type bowler who lands yorkers accurately at decentt pace.