Axar Patel in for second test

1 hour ago, Vijy said:

Axar, Ashwin, Jaddu, and one day Sundar. a new quartet, although sundar should/would be viewed as a batting AR. this will be a deadly combo on turners

With Jaddu playing as  good as a batsman, just need one of Ash, Sundar or Axar to bat well, which Im sure one of them will do.

It allows us to strengthen batting and bowling in various ways.

54 minutes ago, SRT100 said:

With Jaddu playing as  good as a batsman, just need one of Ash, Sundar or Axar to bat well, which Im sure one of them will do.

It allows us to strengthen batting and bowling in various ways.

jadeja and sundar are effectively full-time batters, especially in indian pitches. that's why I believe the best option for Oz tour is to give them batting-friendly pitches with moderate turn. if we give them big turners, it can backfire as it did in the previous tour. if pitches are partly batting friendly, it will negate their spinners, while ours can still do well. Moreover, we can play 6 bowlers which they cannot:

1. Mayank/Shaw

2. Rohit (c)

3. Gill/KL

4. Gill/Sarfaraz/S. Iyer

5. Pant (wk)

6. Sundar/Vihari [Vihari can come in if Sundar is injured and he would slot in at no. 3]

7. Jaddu

8. Ashwin

9. Axar

10. Bumrah/Shami

11. Siraj/Prasidh

6 bowling options and batting till 9.

6 hours ago, BacktoCricaddict said:

I feel really bad for Kuldeep Yadav. How can he be a alike Axar? Its like saying Chahal and Ashwin are alike just because they both bowl right handed?

Bad time for Indian spinners, when bowlers like Jadeja. Ashwin, Axar, Jayant and Sundar can bat as welll. Kuldeep should be in for SENA for sure 

1 hour ago, Vijy said:

jadeja and sundar are effectively full-time batters, especially in indian pitches. that's why I believe the best option for Oz tour is to give them batting-friendly pitches with moderate turn. if we give them big turners, it can backfire as it did in the previous tour. if pitches are partly batting friendly, it will negate their spinners, while ours can still do well. Moreover, we can play 6 bowlers which they cannot:

1. Mayank/Shaw

2. Rohit (c)

3. Gill/KL

4. Gill/Sarfaraz/S. Iyer

5. Pant (wk)

6. Sundar/Vihari [Vihari can come in if Sundar is injured and he would slot in at no. 3]

7. Jaddu

8. Ashwin

9. Axar

10. Bumrah/Shami

11. Siraj/Prasidh

6 bowling options and batting till 9.

I will say one thing about big turners, I just love them.

I love every session is exciting and that runs scored is so highly valued.  A 50+ score is as good as a 100.

One point though, if its a big turner, India will go into every match with a handicap if Kohli plays, effectively one down.  I guess its better than have all three of them in Rahane and Pujara.

1 hour ago, SRT100 said:

I will say one thing about big turners, I just love them.

I love every session is exciting and that runs scored is so highly valued.  A 50+ score is as good as a 100.

One point though, if its a big turner, India will go into every match with a handicap if Kohli plays, effectively one down.  I guess its better than have all three of them in Rahane and Pujara.

Funnily enough he scored 75 on a turning pitch but it was for a useless cause. Is there anything useful this guy can do God he is so hopeless. 

14 hours ago, Lord said:

so till T20 WC we only play one OT Test after this series :((

14 hours ago, Norman said:

Yup. Very little to look forward to till September. Of course I'm speaking as someone who has very little interest in the IPL. 

11 hours ago, Norman said:

Yes that's why I said 'very little' and not 'nothing'. 

So what do we have besides the IPL & Eng/Ire tour ? Surely BCCI will not sit around mid July to mid Oct once we complete Eng test. 

8 hours ago, cricketfan28 said:

SL will bounce back they can negate axar .

Thats the beauty of the Indian line up, even if Jaddu and Axar have bad games, there is always Ashwin. (and vice versa)

They may overcome and conquer a bowler, even multiple bowlers, but all 5 weapons. No.

On 3/8/2022 at 3:27 AM, SRT100 said:

Thats the beauty of the Indian line up, even if Jaddu and Axar have bad games, there is always Ashwin. (and vice versa)

They may overcome and conquer a bowler, even multiple bowlers, but all 5 weapons. No.

they may alternatively even struggle vs vihari if they play as they did in 1st test

2 minutes ago, anish2tweet said:

Releasing Kuldeep doesn't inspire confidence in him. In fact, it will break it.
They could have released Jayant Yadav who will never play a Test match again.

Sent from my CPH1819 using Tapatalk

he will play more and more because TM has indicated that he is the "future".

11 hours ago, anish2tweet said:

Releasing Kuldeep doesn't inspire confidence in him. In fact, it will break it.
They could have released Jayant Yadav who will never play a Test match again.

Sent from my CPH1819 using Tapatalk

or Saurabh Kumar who came in for Axar himself 

18 hours ago, dilliboy said:

We can actually drop Iyer and play 3 pacers and 3 spinners if we want to in India.. Such is the strength of this lineup

Rohit

Rahul/Gill

Vihari 

Kohli 

Pant 

Jadeja

Axar

Ashwin

Umesh

Siraj 

Bumrah

Unplayable lineup

indian pitches are too bowling friendly these days. 6 bowlers is overkill. in fact, 4 bowlers + part-timer like vihari is enough for most teams.