Mumbai INDIANS - 2023 - TEAM Thread

Stan AF

5 hours ago, Mariyam said:

This, right now, is happiness.

My parents came home after nearly 3 months. My dad is convalescing and barely left his home in this time.

My daughter who is learning the violin played him some old times that she learned just to play for him.

I missed a good chunk of the LSG innings coz of all this.

And Madhwal got us into the semis.

I don't want to jinx us, but given our morale I don't see GT stopping us. Even Jordan bowled well.

:mi:

Learned a new word. 

Best wishes for Uncle's recovery 

10 hours ago, Mariyam said:

My parents came home after nearly 3 months. My dad is convalescing and barely left his home in this time.

My daughter who is learning the violin played him some old times that she learned just to play for him.

I don't want to jinx us, but given our morale I don't see GT stopping us. Even Jordan bowled well.

Best wishes to your dad for a speedy recovery. 

11 hours ago, Mariyam said:

Yow sorry to hear that. Hope he recovers soon.

Sandeep warrier

Vishnu vinod

Kumar kartikeya

Totally unnecessary and childish behaviour. What happens between other teams and their players is none of your bizness. You guys still have today's game to win and it ain't going to be a walk in the park.

Can't believe how the management let this fly.

Edited by Stan AF

On 5/25/2023 at 1:34 AM, Mariyam said:

Wish him speedy recovery. :flowers:

Best wishes & blessings to your daughter.

The season ends in a high. Congratulations to all.

No shame in losing to a champion team. However the manner of losing will hurt. That exposes our bowling unit. Could’ve chased score around 200. But over 230 runs is too much. 
Hope we’ve seen the last of Archer, Jordan etc. Don’t want Tim David. Can’t take catches or win matches. Would rather have Wadhera and Tilak full time. Get a strike bowler or death over bowler.

Rohit can retire and handover captaincy to SKY.

MI have a good set of Indian players in their XI. All they need is a couple of good overseas bowlers/ bowling A/R.

In batting they have 4-5 good Indian players alongside any two of overseas power hitters- Green, Brevis or David. So, top 6 is sorted as well as one impact sub.

In bowling, they will have Madhal alongwith Bumrah. If they can get one quality overseas pacer and one overseas bowling A/R, they are all set to go.

On 5/24/2023 at 4:04 PM, Mariyam said:

Wishing your dad a speedy recovery! 

1 hour ago, Majestic said:

MI have a good set of Indian players in their XI. All they need is a couple of good overseas bowlers/ bowling A/R.

In batting they have 4-5 good Indian players alongside any two of overseas power hitters- Green, Brevis or David. So, top 6 is sorted as well as one impact sub.

In bowling, they will have Madhal alongwith Bumrah. If they can get one quality overseas pacer and one overseas bowling A/R, they are all set to go.

Madhwal is no Bumrah.  Clearly. 

5 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

Madhwal is no Bumrah.  Clearly. 

Yes but he is a good Indian support option to Bumrah for next year if both are fit and in-form. Their problem is again overseas bowling option. If and a big if Archer could come to the party too, this MI is favourites for the trophy.

1 hour ago, Majestic said:

Yes but he is a good Indian support option to Bumrah for next year if both are fit and in-form. Their problem is again overseas bowling option. If and a big if Archer could come to the party too, this MI is favourites for the trophy.

Form matters in these kind of tournaments. And also team composition. 

Ishan Kishan injury caused Wadhera’s sacrifice at the top who could hv been handy later+ Green was retired hurt..

If thier batting order wasnt jolted due to them..it wud hv been much closer match..

Anyways they look good for next season when Boom returns.also expecting they may find one or two good bowlers..

some promising net bowlers are under their watch I assume