Jump to content
Ankit_sharma03

Building a bowling attack for this year t20 Wc

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Avesh vs Umran - the middle over enforcer battle 

 

 

Avesh is not an enforcer any more.

 

The enforcer pacers in India are Bumrah, Umran, Prasidh and Tyagi   Sen maybe one too but too early to say. 

 

A younger Shami was an enforcer when he felt like it, like that spell in Perth in late 2018.

Edited by express bowling
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, express bowling said:

 

 

Avesh is not an enforcer any more.

 

The enforcer pacers in India are Bumrah, Umran, Prasidh and Tyagi   Sen maybe one too but too early to say. 

 

inform Siraj can do the job too.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Lord said:

 

inform Siraj can do the job too.

 

 

Siraj is not an enforcer.

 

A pacer in an enforcer's role has to bowl lots of fiery short balls and heavy balls in general.

 

Siraj bowls a good fiery surprise bouncer but prefers to be on the fuller side in general and attacks the stumps or the channel 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, express bowling said:

 

 

Avesh is not an enforcer any more.

 

The enforcer pacers in India are Bumrah, Umran, Prasidh and Tyagi   Sen maybe one too but too early to say. 

 

A younger Shami was an enforcer when he felt like it, like that spell in Perth in late 2018.

  • avesh will be in aus n far better 
  • Prasidh shown nothing in middle overs and frankly has been unimpressive post that 1st game where he got movement , in his death phase again runs are high. @DarkProfile- do u have his middle phase numbers, dnt think its something of encouraging.Currently not even in top 20 in IPl (neways numbers dnt matter much to me ) but clearly he isnt showing any strong phase of his . Someone like a Deepak has PP very strong and his eco is quite good at death phase add batting 
  • Sen- Not even an option currently u cant throw someone after 1-2 games unless they have X factor like Umran or Varun.C (that to when in one the games he was manhandled)
  • Tyagi- unless he starts playing he wont be in consideration

 

As of now its umran n avesh only. Avesh hits hard length at good pace which will be a must against all sides (he ll enjoy aus far more then these IPL pitches) Another guy that comes to my mind is khaleel but he turns up diff for india 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, Lord said:

 

inform Siraj can do the job too.

he is too high quality bowler that form shud be ignored unless he has some technical issues

Remeber warner, hasarnga form in last IPL and then how it was diff in Wc (i think i told u then also IPL n International are diff , most of times its the role diff and this time it will also be condition diff)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:
  • avesh will be in aus n far better 
  • Prasidh shown nothing in middle overs and frankly has been unimpressive post that 1st game where he got movement , in his death phase again runs are high. @DarkProfile- do u have his middle phase numbers, dnt think its something of encouraging.Currently not even in top 20 in IPl (neways numbers dnt matter much to me ) but clearly he isnt showing any strong phase of his . Someone like a Deepak has PP very strong and his eco is quite good at death phase add batting 
  • Sen- Not even an option currently u cant throw someone after 1-2 games unless they have X factor like Umran or Varun.C (that to when in one the games he was manhandled)
  • Tyagi- unless he starts playing he wont be in consideration

 

As of now its umran n avesh only. Avesh hits hard length at good pace which will be a must against all sides (he ll enjoy aus far more then these IPL pitches) Another guy that comes to my mind is khaleel but he turns up diff for india 

 

 

I'm creating bowling stats for all formats: PP Overs (1-6), Middle Overs (7-15) & Death Overs (16-20). Give me a couple of days.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:
  • avesh will be in aus n far better 
  • Prasidh shown nothing in middle overs and frankly has been unimpressive post that 1st game where he got movement , in his death phase again runs are high. @DarkProfile- do u have his middle phase numbers, dnt think its something of encouraging.Currently not even in top 20 in IPl (neways numbers dnt matter much to me ) but clearly he isnt showing any strong phase of his . Someone like a Deepak has PP very strong and his eco is quite good at death phase add batting 
  • Sen- Not even an option currently u cant throw someone after 1-2 games unless they have X factor like Umran or Varun.C (that to when in one the games he was manhandled)
  • Tyagi- unless he starts playing he wont be in consideration

 

As of now its umran n avesh only. Avesh hits hard length at good pace which will be a must against all sides (he ll enjoy aus far more then these IPL pitches) Another guy that comes to my mind is khaleel but he turns up diff for india 

 

 

 

I  was not discussing our T20 bowling options in that post. And not recommending some of the enforcers I named.

 

Just pointing out who the enforcers are and who are not.

 

Avesh could have been an enforcer 3 or 4 years back ... but not now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, express bowling said:

 

 

I  was not discussing our T20 bowling options in that post. And not recommending some of the enforcers I named.

 

Just pointing out who the enforcers are and who are not.

 

Avesh could have been an enforcer 3 or 4 years back ... but not now.

Avesh is trundling at 130s ,his lengths will set in nicely for midwicket ,square leg boundaries in Australia,no different than current Harshal Patel pacewise(big grounds or small grounds doesn't matter when you bowl that length at 130-135 max)

People don't distinguish between current bowling pattern and bowling style of a bowler with his previous best approach,he was doing well even two seasons before not now,

Edited by Suhaan
Link to comment
Share on other sites

If we go by the previously shown tendencies of this selection committee and the TM  for big tournaments and series, they go with experience,  big names and bowlers with batting ability almost always.

 

Bumrah and Bhuvi will be certainties as a result 

 

The love for batting ability means Shardul and Harshal are almost certainties with Deepak missing.

 

Which probably leaves just 1 slot ... which will probably go to either Natarajan or Shami. 

 

All the logical and data based selections we are doing here have a very slim chance of coming true.

Edited by express bowling
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Lord said:

 

terrific

 

having skills and pace is one thing. Executing them under huge pressure is what matters :clap2:

 

 

 

Arshdeep seems to have improved a lot.  I am seeing him hurrying batsmen for the first time ever. And his game sense has improved too. 

 

Will watch him closely from next match. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

One way or the other INdian batting will be absolutely rubbish. So it is imperative they send an inform bowling squad that is suitable for T20.

 

I will be really surprised if our Playing XI is anything but this , provided all the old ones are fit  ...

 

 

1. Rohit

2. Rahul

3. Kohli

4. Pant

5. SKY

6. Hardik

7. Jadeja

8. Harshal / Shardul

9. Bhuvi

10. Bumrah

11. Chahal 

 

If Dhoni decides to come out of retirement, he will obviously replace Pant.

 

 

Nice tried and tested formula to fail .... and no one can blame anyone for selecting all the big names.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, express bowling said:

 

I will be really surprised if our Playing XI is anything but this , provided all the old ones are fit  ...

 

 

1. Rohit

2. Rahul

3. Kohli

4. Pant

5. SKY

6. Hardik

7. Jadeja

8. Harshal / Shardul

9. Bhuvi

10. Bumrah

11. Chahal 

 

If Dhoni decides to come out of retirement, he will obviously replace Pant.

 

 

Nice tried and tested formula to fail .... and no one can blame anyone for selecting all the big names.

 

 

Yes. Basically they select brand names. Not form players. A reason why we never won a world T20 since IPL. It is all about promoting players based on their IPL connection. In recent times Rohit repeatedly used Kishan up the order for India. It was only prepare himself for the IPL.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Lord said:

 

terrific

 

having skills and pace is one thing. Executing them under huge pressure is what matters :clap2:

yes and thats a huge plus for me,  now that he has done this for 3 season for his team. His death overs will go unnoticed if u see flat stats but such things is what selectors shud look at. Not only that he is constantly improving as a bowler. Last yr towards the end of tournament his pace was actually getting better and he was hitting the bat hard. What i like about nattu n arshdeep both is they dont loose their calm in tense situation, dont leak runs on most days and are constantly improving. Nattu also has said he has been working on his new ball skills and did notice in last game that he was moving the ball a bit. 

As far as pace n skill goes for me pace is one of the skill not every and i dnt get excited with speed guns unless someone is in Umran,lockie, wood, archer, nortje territoriry of pace. Umran has pace and backs his short length + he has quite good control if u compare to Tait or Aaron or even a young nortje .  He is actually an attacking bowler who is always looking for wkts , skiddy + giving a good middle phase option. So with umran their is a lot to like and thats why for me he ll be the punt pick of this Wc 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, express bowling said:

 

I will be really surprised if our Playing XI is anything but this , provided all the old ones are fit  ...

 

 

1. Rohit

2. Rahul

3. Kohli

4. Pant

5. SKY

6. Hardik

7. Jadeja

8. Harshal / Shardul

9. Bhuvi

10. Bumrah

11. Chahal 

 

If Dhoni decides to come out of retirement, he will obviously replace Pant.

 

 

Nice tried and tested formula to fail .... and no one can blame anyone for selecting all the big names.

 

yes, the XI you named seems the most likely one. a pity because with some vision, one could go for a different XI:

 

1. Shaw

2. Rohit --> do not want sharma in actuality, but we do need 1 senior player I guess

3. Gill

4. Pant/DK/KL (wk)

5. SKY

6. Pandu

7. Sundar (can be used as floater and go up/down the order based on matchups/situation) --> PP specialist [another option is axar]

8. D. Chahar [we don't have genuine PP specialists, and deepak's batting is a big bonus]; thakur is an option, but not suited to bowl in PP

9. H. Patel/Nattu/arshdeep --> death overs specialist

10. Kuldeep/Bumrah --> choose based on conditions/combo

11. U. Malik//Khaleel/prasidh [middle overs enforcer]

Link to comment
Share on other sites



×
×
  • Create New...