Why Have Retained Players Underperformed?

SeasonedIPLer

34 minutes ago, Adamant said:

Crunch game mai elbow sahi ho jaega? 

Also his career str rates and avg in t20 are mediocre, throughout career elbow issues hi the kya? 

He was also mediocre throughout the world cup t20.

Posters who criticise Azam but hail Williamson don't really understand t20 cricket or are infatuated with Williamson's good boy image. 

Babar is also a top T20 batsman, zero questions about it.

On Williamson's strike rate, it's comparable to Kohli and Dhawan, IPL legends. He has been poor for last two seasons. Not sure it's regression or just form, he was a match-winner in his prime. Oh wait! he played two great innings in qualifier and eliminator last year too.

Edited by Chakdephatte

15 minutes ago, Adamant said:

Crunch game mai elbow sahi ho jaega? 

mental strength rises above all 

Also his career str rates and avg in t20 are mediocre, throughout career elbow issues hi the kya? 

blank numbers 

He was also mediocre throughout the world cup t20.

Posters who criticise Azam but hail Williamson don't really understand t20 cricket or are infatuated with Williamson's good boy image. 

No williamson is miles better then azam in t20 and is very very underrated in the format. Blank numbers never show the true picture 

17 hours ago, express bowling said:

A new franchise cannot retain a player.

And a player going to a newly formed franchise is eager to prove his worth. There a new set of coaching staff too and everything is fresh.

Most of the retained players in the older franchises have probably become jaded with the environment they are in.

you missed the sarcasm. The point I was making is there is no such science here.

Most players who are retained by their franchises because  of service over the years. Maybe in some cases they retained youngsters whom they identified for the future.

Thats all there was to it.

Its unfortunate for Indian fans that 2 of our biggest icons in recent times Rohit and Kohli both hit out of form at the same time.

I just thought there wasn’t much depth to this argument to begin with.

Edited by maniac

2 hours ago, Chakdephatte said:

On Williamson's strike rate, it's comparable to Kohli and Dhawan, IPL legends. He has been poor for last two seasons. Not sure it's regression or just form, he was a match-winner in his prime. Oh wait! he played two great innings in qualifier and eliminator last year too.

Kohli is in conversation for GOAT T20i batsman. 

Please, use some logic, they are not even in the same galaxy

The conversation was about Williamson the t20 batsman not just IPL

2 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

mental strength rises above all 

blank numbers 

No williamson is miles better then azam in t20 and is very very underrated in the format. Blank numbers never show the true picture 

Ok so I atleast have blank stats to sjow, what you have? Blanket statements? 

Is that your defense? Really? 

Kane is miles better bcoz I say so? Lol

Edited by Adamant

2 hours ago, Chakdephatte said:

Qualifier. Lol

Ek innings kheli acchi bas, aur vo thi final mai baaki sab mediocre innings thi, please I don't want to post his scores in that t20 world cup again

Look at them yourselves. 

Williamson the t20 great in world cup 2021.

25(26) vs Pak

33(31) vs Ind played according to situation, okayish knock, lol at calling it a great knock. 

0(4) vs Sco

28(25) vs Nam, lol this guy can't do zilch against Nam too 

40(42) vs Afg, Greatest knock is history lol

5(11) single-handedly was going to lose the match for Nz

85(48) vs Aus Great innings in losing cause. 

If that's what you call a great tournament then leave this forum and start playing Gilli danda, cricket is not for you. 

15 hours ago, Adamant said:

216 runs @ 42 avg 116 str rate. 

What an amazing tournament for this t20 great. 

He basically contributes negatively in 3 out of 5 matches. 

2018, 735 runs @SR of 143, avg of 53, high score of 84. Leading run scorer that year. Very good stats for an opener. 

He hasn't been in form recently. 

On 4/28/2022 at 3:02 PM, express bowling said:

A new franchise cannot retain a player.

And a player going to a newly formed franchise is eager to prove his worth. There a new set of coaching staff too and everything is fresh.

Most of the retained players in the older franchises have probably become jaded with the environment they are in.

they should have allowed for 0 retain-able players. would have made auction more intriguing

On 4/28/2022 at 10:25 AM, Ankit_sharma03 said:
  1. sky
  2. Shaw 
  3. umran
  4. Arshdeep 
  5. butler 
  6. Russell (he has been good this seaosn)

Avg ones 

1.  pant 
  2. bumrah
  3. Samson (same every season)
  4. Narine
  5. Dhoni 

2 ?? ye kaisi counting hai. 

Shaw so good that he got dropped??

abother retain player has failed 

1 hour ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

no one knows shaw is injured or dropped now, high chance its an injury. No sane person will drop shaw for mandeep 

plenty of fools even in coaching setups. And I don't think Ponting is a fool, but I don't think he likes shaw's attitude (which is understandable). may have dropped him to "teach him a lesson" or something similar

1 minute ago, Vijy said:

plenty of fools even in coaching setups. And I don't think Ponting is a fool, but I don't think he likes shaw's attitude (which is understandable). may have dropped him to "teach him a lesson" or something similar

in that case i dont mind, but news was given before game  that wasnt avl for todays game