Navjot Sidhu handed one-year prison sentence over 1988 road rage case

nevada

31 minutes ago, Singh bling said:

Not for killing but voluntarily causing hurt  like punching. He is just unlucky that the victim died of cardiac arrest. If Brawls would start resulting in prison then almost every other guy would be serving prison term

Actually you are right. This happens. One of my acquaintance had his life effed because of such a incident. He was home just after finishing college and unfortunately his neighbour a old guy  got cardiac arrest during some boundry dispute brawl and died. 

Imagine...Sidhu under Bjp was rs member and his wife mla. Well on course to become cabinet member of cg as sikh face of bjp. Wife could have been bjp prez punjab.

Under cong was minister for less than a year. Both him and wife no role. Then becomes president for a few months. Lost seat... shares blame for defeat and now lands in jail. Wife political career killed in process.

Hardeep singh puri was beneficiary of sidhu. 

Next election i feel will be make or break. Will be 75 in 2030 and too old...

2 hours ago, G_B_ said:

Imagine...Sidhu under Bjp was rs member and his wife mla. Well on course to become cabinet member of cg as sikh face of bjp. Wife could have been bjp prez punjab.

Under cong was minister for less than a year. Both him and wife no role. Then becomes president for a few months. Lost seat... shares blame for defeat and now lands in jail. Wife political career killed in process.

Hardeep singh puri was beneficiary of sidhu. 

Next election i feel will be make or break. Will be 75 in 2030 and too old...

If you want to do serious politics then things don't go always in your way.

When He was in BJP it was small party and doing what Badal wants . He was against Badals so left BJP. Moreover BJP hardly has support in his Jatt Sikh community. Then he came in conflict with Amarinder. He may has bad time now but he raised important issues of Punjab like drugs and beadbi. Punjab people at moment trusted Bhagwant Mann on main issue of drugs but if he fail they will search another leader  as they are are fed up with 4 familes of Punjab who ruled Punjab from last 50-60 years. BTW he is 58 and 60-80 is peak age of politicians in India . 50 year old are considered as youth.

13 hours ago, Singh bling said:

When He was in BJP it was small party and doing what Badal wants . He was against Badals so left BJP. Moreover BJP hardly has support in his Jatt Sikh community. Then he came in conflict with Amarinder. He may has bad time now but he raised important issues of Punjab like drugs and beadbi. Punjab people at moment trusted Bhagwant Mann on main issue of drugs but if he fail they will search another leader  as they are are fed up with 4 familes of Punjab who ruled Punjab from last 50-60 years. BTW he is 58 and 60-80 is peak age of politicians in India . 50 year old are considered as youth.

I dont blame him for leaving the BJP.  I fully agreed with Sidhu that the badals were no good for the party. As you rightly pointed out though he is 58 not 65. He left BJP in 2017 when he had as RS seat. He was 53/54 then. So he had time on his side. Could have continued to raise issues as a union minister. Especially as his wife was an MLA. The BJP was in the process of renegotiating with allies be it shiv sena or even jdu. In both cases BJP had the upper hand. Most probably even if the farmer issues did not happen BJP would have contested more seats in relation with the SAD and he would gain more power. 

But as I said, i dont feel leaving the BJP was a bad call per say. However, he immediately picked a bone to Amarinder....that was a huge mistake. Should have bided his time. The selection of Amarinder Singh Raja Warring as LOP suggests even Cong have moved on from him. 

Look at Mann, stayed with the same party even though AAP were routed in the 2019 lok sabha election. Probably had time on his side and now is CM at 48. Sometimes you just need to wait.

As Sunil Jakher is now with the BJP and there are rumours that many others like Manpreet Singh Badal etc might follow soon. You never know if Punjab will become AAP vs BJP like Delhi. 

15 hours ago, Singh bling said:

spacer.png

And i also think that sidhu is in a big political fix.

Sad aap and congress have jatt sikh leadership in the state. 

Only party lacking a jatt sikh face is bjp. But even here Amarinder has good relationships and will be contesting or putting his kin up for ls seat in patiala.

If i am sidhu i will aim to either contest or get wife to contest amritsar ls seat. Gain some political mileage before making any other move.

On 5/20/2022 at 10:46 AM, G_B_ said:

jatt sikh

At the risk of hijacking this thread, I must ask this question that has been bothering me for several decades now:

Is it pronounced Jaat (like sabzi "kaat" na hai) or Jatt (like "jutt"ing out)?  I've heard both.  Also, how would you know if someone is a Jatt (or Jaat)?  Are their names - like Sidhu, Nikhanj - giveaways?  If someone wanted to vote for a Jaat (Jatt), how would they know? 

Today, I will get the answer on ICF and be forever grateful! 

Edited by BacktoCricaddict

On 5/25/2022 at 12:37 AM, G_B_ said:

Jaat is more like jats of haryana

Jatt is more punjjabi sikh..

Jaats belong to haryana-west up with their khadi boli. While jaats who became Sikhs are Jat Sikhs. Sikh is a religion while while jaat is a caste.