Australia tour of Sri Lanka 2022 - Discussion Thread

18 hours ago, Nikola said:

This is his 2nd hundred post ashes series so hundreds are not coming easily for him at this stage. Tough india tour awaits for him as well. I don't think he has it in him to score ~15 more test hundreds even if he hits another peak of couple of years. Btw i don't think any player of fab four will hit 40+ test centuries.

root will easily get nearly 50, perhaps even more than that. he will play for 6 years and score 3-4 per yr on average (min).

Just now, Ankit_sharma03 said:

he lost time during his peak and then pandemic, loosing years at ur peak can never be good 

I was responding to the comment: "Ball tampering break really took the wind out of the sail."

yes, he lost some of his best years there, but it was not that break which led to his decline. it was the fact that finally bowlers found a way to keep him (temporarily) quiet by bowling a certain line & length.

9 minutes ago, Vijy said:

I was responding to the comment: "Ball tampering break really took the wind out of the sail."

yes, he lost some of his best years there, but it was not that break which led to his decline. it was the fact that finally bowlers found a way to keep him (temporarily) quiet by bowling a certain line & length.

I meant the same. Lost time. He was at peak of his powers. Lost a lot of runs during that phase.

Just now, LordPrabhzy said:

Even Smith has started to score tons on tricky tracks.. while Lolli will keep shamelessly laughing after getting out to nothing balls 

he is learning well from kane how to fail, but kane at least scores heavily at home

2 hours ago, Vijy said:

at some point everyone decline comes thats why they say score as heavy as possible when at ur peak, unfortunately smith peak yrs were spoilied

Kohli, root , williamson's didnt. England plays a lot of test cricket and even in pandemic from where root peak started he has played a lot of test matches

3 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

at some point everyone decline comes thats why they say score as heavy as possible when at ur peak, unfortunately smith peak yrs were spoilied

Kohli, root , williamson's didnt. England plays a lot of test cricket and even in pandemic from where root peak started he has played a lot of test matches

root was world no. 1 in 2015. this isn't the first time he has peaked. second peak is, however, much better than first

also, it is not "unfortunate" that smith's peak got spoiled. he was a b****y cheater and got punished, rightly so.

Edited by Vijy
1 hour ago, Frustrated said:

Aussies are nearly through to the WTC final.   However, if they lose this test and also go on to lose 0-3 or 0-4 in India, they may not even make it to WTC final.

Though the possibility of the later happening looks remote. 

I think we will win 2-1 or Max 3-1

18 minutes ago, Nikola said:

Dharmasena should be Man of the Tour for Sri lanka. Must have saved them in every single innings this tour when they really needed his help badly.

Him and Joel Wilson are two of the worst umpires going around currently. But still they keep on getting picked for big series' and ICC events.