After KP, Imran Khan's PTI conquers Punjab , what is next--Islamabad

First class

3 hours ago, ravishingravi said:

Wth. Cannot make this up. 

There is absolutely nothing wrong with this , it was a proper/legal fundraising and money was transferred through proper channel.   Patwaris have no support in overseas Pakistanis hence they making big deal out of it. Court will throw it out.  No wonder Opposition could not do any thing about it even when they're in power. 

4 hours ago, gattaca said:

Imran khan finances are in question. Seems very fishy it seems a Pakistan business man has hosted a charity event in UK and funneled money to PTI.  If this is true it is a big fraud.

What's wrong with it, nothing . I have been to  PTI's fund raising in USA and I knew  my donated money was going to Pakistan . There have been so many fundraisings for PTI in USA , UK and ME, why this is in question. Its looks strange to Patwaris as overseas Pakistanis hate them and won;t give a penny to them. 

11 minutes ago, First class said:

What's wrong with it, nothing . I have been to  PTI's fund raising in USA and I knew  my donated money was going to Pakistan . There have been so many fundraisings for PTI in USA , UK and ME, why this is in question. Its looks strange to Patwaris as overseas Pakistanis hate them and won;t give a penny to them. 

It’s against laws of US and UK. Someone can’t divert non profit organization money to political contributions. Non profit organizations get tax breaks PTI and the London Pakistani both are in violation of US and UK laws.

55 minutes ago, gattaca said:

It’s against laws of US and UK. Someone can’t divert non profit organization money to political contributions. Non profit organizations get tax breaks PTI and the London Pakistani both are in violation of US and UK laws.

If that was the case UK or USA should have objections not Pakistan . Pakistan should be happy for getting much needed $$$$$. 

10 hours ago, First class said:

There is absolutely nothing wrong with this , it was a proper/legal fundraising and money was transferred through proper channel.   Patwaris have no support in overseas Pakistanis hence they making big deal out of it. Court will throw it out.  No wonder Opposition could not do any thing about it even when they're in power. 

Well you need to get out of this defensive mindset and counter with facts. What does the law in Pakistan state ? Can you take foreign funding as political party ?

23 hours ago, First class said:

hmmm not sure how millions in personal contributions by non-Pakistanis is considered "legal fundraising" and "proper channel".  I mean, politics is an expensive business and campaign finance is a dirty business, so none of this is anything surprising.  But at a minimum, it calls into question the tactics and "reasons" used by the 'neutral boys' to push Nawaz out before his term completed, prevent him from being a factor in the previous election, all to facilitate 'kuptaan anti-korrupshun' becoming 1st leader-puppet.  

13 hours ago, ravishingravi said:

Well you need to get out of this defensive mindset and counter with facts. What does the law in Pakistan state ? Can you take foreign funding as political party ?

This is a classic example of how well-meaning, good people will, in desperation, be ready to talk themselves into saying up is down and down is up.  Same phenomenon applies to many educated folks supporting Modi btw....

2 hours ago, sandeep said:

This is a classic example of how well-meaning, good people will, in desperation, be ready to talk themselves into saying up is down and down is up.  Same phenomenon applies to many educated folks supporting Modi btw....

It's true for anyone who operates from a pre conceived mindset. I would say this phenomena is not just for Modi supporters but most folks these days. Reinforcement bias of social media has pretty much killed any critical thought process. Apart from few exceptions. 

Edited by ravishingravi

38 minutes ago, First class said:

Pakistanis courts have not found anything wrong in PTI's foreign fundraising, neither any agency from UK or USA, Patwaris have no solid case against PTI, but its OK for them to keep trying, they have nothing to lose , after losing everything already. 

No verdict yet = found nothing wrong. 

https://www.thenews.com.pk/print/977692-hd1pti-foreign-funding-case-ecp-urged-to-announce-verdict-forthwith

47 minutes ago, First class said:

Pakistanis courts have not found anything wrong in PTI's foreign fundraising, neither any agency from UK or USA, Patwaris have no solid case against PTI, but its OK for them to keep trying, they have nothing to lose , after losing everything already. 

Come on bhai, we know which tune the courts dance to, and how quickly what's "sadiq" can change.  

1 hour ago, First class said:

Patwari tumhe kya bigada hain jo har kisi ko patwari bolte ho?

2 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

Patwari tumhe kya bigada hain jo har kisi ko patwari bolte ho?

No , not at all to you guys, I'm calling Patwaris only to IK main political opponent PML-N people. That's the party , along with Bhutto's PPP has been behind all the corruption Pakistan has been suffering from for last 40 years . 

Sharifs might have seen the writing on the wall, which is why in the middle of an economic crisis they have reduced the price of petrol. It looks like they now want to leave office with as much freebies thrown at the awam as possible, so that it becomes the next guy's headache to clear that mess. This is exactly what Imran did before he left too.

Edited by Mohan Swamy